James Collins

admira

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

Pathetic

In you’re opinion. Most fans seem to be on my wavelength. He isn’t a target man. Doesn’t win much in the air. Isn’t quick and first touch not great. I for one do not like paying substantial wages for someone who takes up valuable resources of our club. You have you’re opinion and I just injected a little humour to express my opinion

3 minutes ago, Somersall Ram said:

In you’re opinion. Most fans seem to be on my wavelength. He isn’t a target man. Doesn’t win much in the air. Isn’t quick and first touch not great. I for one do not like paying substantial wages for someone who takes up valuable resources of our club. You have you’re opinion and I just injected a little humour to express my opinion

You’ve every right to your opinion, especially if you’re paying his wages, how much is he on by the way.😂

48 minutes ago, Somersall Ram said:

But apart from all that, he is a decent player, right?

45 minutes ago, SSD said:

If someone can provide a clear list of better strikers who we can afford and fit into Warne's system, I'm all ears.

So far, I've seen nothing. He's got scapegoat all over his head. Some disgusting behaviour to be honest.

Take ya chances and shut the idiots up...simple as that really.

If he isn't taking his chances he will get a bit of stick.

If a pilot with 30 years experience with an impeccable record suddenly crashes 6 planes on the trot, do you reckon he might be in for some stick? Or will people let him off because he used to be good once? And don't want to tell him off as it might hurt his feelings.

You say what you see.

1 hour ago, SSD said:

If someone can provide a clear list of better strikers who we can afford and fit into Warne's system, I'm all ears.

So far, I've seen nothing. He's got scapegoat all over his head. Some disgusting behaviour to be honest.

well PE told you the other day that Collin’s gig last year was difficult because service wasn't great. But that this season we have the wing backs to put crosses in so JC’s job is not to wander but to be in the box and get on the end of them. He got some good service yesterday from ward, fozzie and others. Do you think PW’s request was reasonable and do you think JC delivered ?

6 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

well PE told you the other day that Collin’s gig last year was difficult because service wasn't great. But that this season we have the wing backs to put crosses in so JC’s job is not to wander but to be in the box and get on the end of them. He got some good service yesterday from ward, fozzie and others. Do you think PW’s request was reasonable and do you think JC delivered ?

One thing that stood out to me against Wigan was how poor (with a handful of exceptions) the final ball into the box was. The wide players frequently hit the first man. That said I did also notice Collins being in wide positions, especially in the second half, when really you m you'd want him to be in the box.

8 hours ago, Somersall Ram said:

It’s not your low opinion of his ability as a target man, the amount of balls he wins in the air or his first touch that some of us have taken exception to but rather the childish manner in which you originally expressed it.

For me, I think he always puts a shift in and does some good work. Sadly though, most of that good work is well outside of the penalty area which is where we need him. 

7 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If a pilot with 30 years experience with an impeccable record suddenly crashes 6 planes on the trot, do you reckon he might be in for some stick? Or will people let him off because he used to be good once? And don't want to tell him off as it might hurt his feelings.

You say what you see.

Yes, very similar missing chances in a football match and crashing planes. 

59 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Collins doesn’t deserve the stick he gets but let’s not beat around the bush he’s an average league 1 striker. Which for us unfortunately is no good especially if he’s the number 1 striker at the club.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave depending on who we bring in. 

Actually he's an above average league 1 striker, which reflects pretty accurately to where we have fallen to as a club. I don't think he is the answer either, but I saw a player on Saturday giving his all, and doing much of what his coach wanted in terms of pressing and chasing the ball when out of possession. He probably could have been more effective/goal threatening if he were allowed to simply goal hang. 

55 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

One thing that stood out to me against Wigan was how poor (with a handful of exceptions) the final ball into the box was. The wide players frequently hit the first man. That said I did also notice Collins being in wide positions, especially in the second half, when really you m you'd want him to be in the box.

Same here. There's lots of talk on here about how good our crossing is, but I'm not sure I see it.  I think Ward put 2 good ones in second half, but failed to beat the first man with everything else - including, ironically, the one we actually scored from - a decent defender would have dealt with that rather than flick it over his own box.  And I'm not sure anybody else managed to put a decent cross in all game, from open play anyway.

Collins just went looking for the ball second half, because he got barely any of it in the first.

29 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Actually he's an above average league 1 striker, which reflects pretty accurately to where we have fallen to as a club. I don't think he is the answer either, but I saw a player on Saturday giving his all, and doing much of what his coach wanted in terms of pressing and chasing the ball when out of possession. He probably could have been more effective/goal threatening if he were allowed to simply goal hang. 

A player that's ridiculed for his ability not to score 20+ goals last season and add in the unfortunate miss in the 1st half.

I was at Church yesterday, The Vicar never turned up so we all left, We didn't get the Service we hoped for.

11 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Same here. There's lots of talk on here about how good our crossing is, but I'm not sure I see it.  I think Ward put 2 good ones in second half, but failed to beat the first man with everything else - including, ironically, the one we actually scored from - a decent defender would have dealt with that rather than flick it over his own box.  And I'm not sure anybody else managed to put a decent cross in all game, from open play anyway.

Collins just went looking for the ball second half, because he got barely any of it in the first.

Hopefully most clubs won’t have a McManaman in their squads.

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

Collins doesn’t deserve the stick he gets but let’s not beat around the bush he’s an average league 1 striker. Which for us unfortunately is no good especially if he’s the number 1 striker at the club.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave depending on who we bring in. 

I can't unfortunately see him leaving, but there's no doubt he's not good enough. He was dropped last year for being bad, he's not going to suddenly become the man, a year further removed from his prime. 

He'll get us a few goals, there's no doubt. But we're papering over his contribution to the team from open play and the fact someone else would be a lot, lot better.

39 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Hopefully most clubs won’t have a McManaman in their squads.

I'd love it if they all had a MacMananan. He was just as ineffectual as I was expecting him to be.

Run this way and that, make the defender change direction a few times (this is seen as 'tormenting' them, but it's no such thing). Fail to physically get past the defender. Play an easily defended cross into the box or pass it back off to your full back or a midfielder, having gained no ground and with the opposition's defence back in position.

Edited by Kokosnuss

On 06/08/2023 at 23:44, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You say what you see.

Presumably he'd be sitting next to the black box to survive?!