James Collins

Keepyuppy

He needs someone to put it on a plate for him. We have actual wing backs this season, so his total number of chances will go through the roof. You have to play to a player's strengths, regardless of who they are. He didn't score many last year, but I don't remember him having a hatful of chances either. I can see him doing well this season.

That's right, I've been to the pub.

Was at Camb away last season and thought here we go but he seemed very frustrated, bad body language later on and didnt really take to him at all but towards the end of the season was clearly working so hard all over the pitch. Looks like a different person on pre-season photos/video and just seems to be really up for it. Really hoping he makes me eat my words from last season. 

I think our pressing will look a whole lot better than for many years with Collins and Washington up top. Against teams at the bottom of L1 this will surley give us a fair few easy goals. I mean, last year some opposition defenders got stressed out even without us putting any real pressure on them. We might get a good reward with hard and offensive pressing in the final third this year and Collins might get 5 goals only from defenders mistakes!   

Edited by InstaRam

1 minute ago, InstaRam said:

I think our pressing will look a whole lot better than for many years with Collins and Washington up top. Against teams at the bottom of L1 this will surley give us a fair few easy goals. I mean, last year some oppositions defence got stressed out even without us putting any real pressure on them. We might get a good reward with hard and offensive pressing in the final third this year and Collins might get 5 goals only from defenders mistakes!   

I agree with regards to the press, based off the training videos it looks like we're going to be relentless & teams at this level wont be able to deal with it at all, especially when we have the quality on the ball to back the press up. 

We scored a few last season from pressing, Didzy vs FGR away & a Barkhuizen goal away too but cant remember who it was against. If we get it right we could get 5-10 goals just from that....then add in more set piece goals it could be a good mix which going back to topic, Collins will hopefully benefit from.

On 11/07/2023 at 12:57, roboto said:

James's???

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Before coming over all Chief Inspector Grammar, with yer high and mighty patronising gifs, how about you take the time to actually read the god damn opening post!  
They said 20 goals!  
TWENTY!

Plural, innit!  
Sheesh! 🙄

👀

Both Collins and Washington are fine at this level. A goal every 220 minutes for Washington, 184 minutes for Collins. Both have earned decent money and moves off their body of work at this level. Washington has nearly 40 international appearances. Neither are setting our pulses racing, obviously, but in terms of options they're fine. 

The club will bring in one more player, at least, who that is remains to be seen. Fingers crossed it's for a player who can emulate McGoldrick's ability on the ball and in-turn goal record. 

I think we shall be around top 2 with some look and dont rule out joe ward too who could of goals for at derby looking forward to it now.

But when I have op I will be back asp as I will hate missing games but just depands if I can walk alright but I mate need some kind of physco after it.

5 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think we shall be around top 2 with some look and dont rule out joe ward too who could of goals for at derby looking forward to it now.

But when I have op I will be back asp as I will hate missing games but just depands if I can walk alright but I mate need some kind of physco after it.

All the best B4.

Hope it all goes well!

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Good luck with the Op B4.

The way it looks, Collo will get many more chances this season than last, provided he's in the box to take them. The odd run out wide to create space for oncoming midfielders is a good tactic but he did it way too often IMO. Stay central and the chances, and hopefully the goals, will come.

19 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I was watching these highlights earlier and couldn’t believe the chances missed in this game.

Two of those were from Collins. No idea what he was thinking for his first chance and for me summed up his footballing IQ.

This was the game that made me think Rosenior was unlucky. We created so much. 

48 minutes ago, sage said:

This was the game that made me think Rosenior was unlucky. We created so much. 

Thought his effort in the first half was in.

Thought it set a pattern we saw repeated throughout. Looked devastating for the first half hour or so, done by a breakaway goal early second half, then lost our way.

A bit like me finding my way back to Waterloo......

13 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Thought his effort in the first half was in.

Thought it set a pattern we saw repeated throughout. Looked devastating for the first half hour or so, done by a breakaway goal early second half, then lost our way.

A bit like me finding my way back to Waterloo......

Collins missing chances cost him his job