James Collins

Keepyuppy

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

… and Knight. He missed some sitters in the first 10 games.

Yep

Clowes already had Warne in mind but it would have been hard to ditch Rosenior if we had been 3rd or 4th.

5 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Rosenior had a couple of away stinkers amongst the unlucky ones. Lincoln and Shrewsbury spring to mind.

We still had a combined 23 shots in those games, with an iffy penalty being awarded against Knight setting us up for the defeat vs Lincoln.

On balance of play, a 1-0 win vs Shrewsbury and 1-1 draw vs Lincoln would have been fairer results.

Despite only getting 1 point from those two away games, we only picked up 2 points against them in the home games under Warne, only getting an equaliser vs Lincoln after they were down to 10 men.

On 13/07/2023 at 02:15, Bris Vegas said:

I was watching these highlights earlier and couldn’t believe the chances missed in this game.

Two of those were from Collins. No idea what he was thinking for his first chance and for me summed up his footballing IQ.

Interesting  that considering we were a possesion based side under Rosenior we go long a few times to mix it up in those highlights....If that was under Warne the hoofball accusers would be out in force 

We should've been 3-4 up at HT and it cost us in the end 

On 12/07/2023 at 16:42, B4ev6is said:

I think we shall be around top 2 with some look and dont rule out joe ward too who could of goals for at derby looking forward to it now.

But when I have op I will be back asp as I will hate missing games but just depands if I can walk alright but I mate need some kind of physco after it.

Hope it goes well

On 13/07/2023 at 00:20, Ambitious said:

Both Collins and Washington are fine at this level. A goal every 220 minutes for Washington, 184 minutes for Collins. Both have earned decent money and moves off their body of work at this level. Washington has nearly 40 international appearances. Neither are setting our pulses racing, obviously, but in terms of options they're fine. 

The club will bring in one more player, at least, who that is remains to be seen. Fingers crossed it's for a player who can emulate McGoldrick's ability on the ball and in-turn goal record. 

If two forwards are going to combine to get 30+ goals you’d rather it be 15/17 than 11/25  (taking into account 9 of McGs came in 3 matches). 

On Collins, I think he’ll have a better season this year, think people forget it sometimes takes player a season to settle in to a new club/system. Chris Martin only scored 2 goals in his first here and Matej Vydra scored 5 in his first year as a ram. Not saying Collins will hit the heights of them two but he certainly shouldn’t be slept on, every chance he has a great season here with a better more balanced squad around him.

3 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Liking our tactic (if Rhodes signs) of signing that much dross that Collins by default will be the standout option. 

Always said Collins was the man for the job…

I think the tactic might be to sign strikers who look like they're playing in slow motion, which might trick the defenders' brains into getting confused and unwittingly acclimatising to that speed,.thus slowing down themselves to match... before a nippy midfielder appears out of nowhere and catches them by surprise and unable to cope with the sudden change-up in speed.

I've been known to criticise Collo harshly. He gets a clean slate from me though.

There are two options, we can trust Warne, an eloquent fellow who clearly knows how to get promoted from L1, and trust his signings...or we can whine and grumble about them.

The only thing I've learnt for certain in 40 years supporting the Rams is, you never know until you know. 

We're signing Paolo Wanchope? Who? One for the reserves maybe?

We're signing Darren Bent? Surely a 30 goal ticket to promotion?

I have faith Warne will sign square pegs for square holes...let's see where it takes us.

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

I think the tactic might be to sign strikers who look like they're playing in slow motion, which might trick the defenders' brains into getting confused and unwittingly acclimatising to that speed,.thus slowing down themselves to match... before a nippy midfielder appears out of nowhere and catches them by surprise and unable to cope with the sudden change-up in speed.

That'll be a challenge. He'll have to appear out of Bristol.....

8 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

That'll be a challenge. He'll have to appear out of Bristol.....

You underestimate just how much this tactic slows people's perceptions down. The ref won't even feel the passing of time so will forget to look at his watch, and won't blow his whistle until 48 hours has gone by.

Plenty of time for Knight to arrive back in Derby - we'll still have the second half to play.

Edited by Kokosnuss

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

On Collins, I think he’ll have a better season this year, think people forget it sometimes takes player a season to settle in to a new club/system. Chris Martin only scored 2 goals in his first here and Matej Vydra scored 5 in his first year as a ram. Not saying Collins will hit the heights of them two but he certainly shouldn’t be slept on, every chance he has a great season here with a better more balanced squad around him.

By "first season", you mean a 13 game loan spell. During which, he scored 2 and assisted 2.

18 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

By "first season", you mean a 13 game loan spell. During which, he scored 2 and assisted 2.

Yeah and you could also tell was a good footballer. Had a great touch, held the ball up etc. 

collins had a dry spell to start, then just as warne joined actually looked decent for a few weeks. Was then very poor until the end of the season. And this was reflected by playing less and less minutes.