Billy Sharp

Dartmouth Ram

In Jan we lost Osula and didnt bring in another striker leaving us with just 2 (which we have now), seems like some fans would prefer that situation again than bring Sharp in which is madness.

Yes there have been issues between Derby 'fans' & Sharp but that is mainly down to a group of our idiotic 'fans'. I dont care whether Sharp is a footballer, role model etc he is still a human being & has every right to react to disgusting comments & chants. I know for damn sure if it was me id have reacted much worse than he did.

Is he the ideal player to bring in, no of course not, we all would like a young, fast, strong, tall, athletic, 23 year old striker through the door who scores for fun but I am sure Warne would also like that too. But in our budget that simply isnt going to happen unless we hit the lottery on a loan.

However, if Warne is wanting a poacher type player to add to his forward options then there wont be many better than Sharp at this level even at 37. He will score 10+ goals easy at this level.

Edited by DCFC1388

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

In Jan we lost Osula and didnt bring in another striker leaving us with just 2 (which we have now), seems like some fans would prefer that situation again than bring Sharp in which is madness.

Yes there have been issues between Derby 'fans' & Sharp but that is mainly down to a group of our idiotic 'fans'. I dont care whether Sharp is a footballer, role model etc he is still a human being & has every right to react to disgusting comments & chants. I know for damn sure if it was me id have reacted much worse than he did.

Is he the ideal player to bring in, no of course not, we all would like a young, fast, strong, tall, athletic, 23 year old striker through the door who scores for fun but I am sure Warne would also like that too. But in our budget that simply isnt going to happen unless we hit the lottery on a loan.

However, if Warne is wanting a poacher type player to add to his forward options then there wont be many better than Sharp at this level even at 37. He will score 10+ goals easy at this level.

Totally agree 

just a little surprised thats all… especially after warne comments about age balance

not a criticism 

16 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Bit of a strawman argument that one - you're conflating "I'd prefer someone else (whether specific or just anyone) to Sharp" with "I'd prefer having only 2 strikers to having Sharp as the third".

In any event, since we're not privy to knowing whether we're actually in for Sharp or what the alternatives might be, it's a tough one to call. Compared to only having 2 strikers, I'd be glad to see any striker come in who the management team thinks could do a job, and who wants to play for us.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Being an ex Forest player isn't the issue.  It's the being a bell end bit that concerns.

Like Jamie Ward was but he didn’t get a mic pushed under his snout after every tasty encounter.

If anyone wants to blame someone, blame the gobshites who chant disgusting lies about him.

How would anyone react to being referred to as a “wrong un”?

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Like Jamie Ward was but he didn’t get a mic pushed under his snout after every tasty encounter.

If anyone wants to blame someone, blame the gobshites who chant disgusting lies about him.

How would anyone react to being referred to as a “wrong un”?

Not like Jamie Ward.  He used too wind up teams on the pitch.  That's all good. He's had an issue with Derby based on one dicks comment in reaction to something he posted about the club after we drew with Forest while he was on loan.  He totally disregarded the efforts made by countless Derby fans supporting his charity with his arsy one liners.  Regarding those chants.  He actually got those against Hull the week before as well, ours was the copycat. Not pleasant, I'll search for the footage of him hoping they wind up in League 1 and how much he loves scoring against them.  

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well yes, or we could try creating chances? 

Well I do think you raise a good point that actually I’m not sure our midfield is strong enough (again, good footballers but I’m not sure they have a winning mentality) but that’s maybe a debate for another day.

I’m just not sure, with the market as it currently is, that we can get better and it’s probably better to have him through the door that not to. The market is slow in the leagues above us, the lower prem sides aren’t really bringing in the players they want to get, so aren’t getting players out on loan or on transfers, which means the championship sides aren’t doing their business which then effects us. So you gamble and wait for it to get to the last day of the window or do you get a couple of players on deals that will see us through to Jan? I’ve thought for a while that we are waiting to see if Lapado comes available at Ipswich (no itk, that’s just seemed to me the transfer that would make sense), if that’s the case then we may need to wait until January before Ipswich are willing to budge. Or could be the same with Smith or Goddard. It’s all hypothetical but would you be better with Waghorn and Sharp to tide us over until Jan or try and bring in someone to replace what you want Lapado/Smith/Goddard etc to come in and do

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

Well I do think you raise a good point that actually I’m not sure our midfield is strong enough (again, good footballers but I’m not sure they have a winning mentality) but that’s maybe a debate for another day.

I’m just not sure, with the market as it currently is, that we can get better and it’s probably better to have him through the door that not to. The market is slow in the leagues above us, the lower prem sides aren’t really bringing in the players they want to get, so aren’t getting players out on loan or on transfers, which means the championship sides aren’t doing their business which then effects us. So you gamble and wait for it to get to the last day of the window or do you get a couple of players on deals that will see us through to Jan? I’ve thought for a while that we are waiting to see if Lapado comes available at Ipswich (no itk, that’s just seemed to me the transfer that would make sense), if that’s the case then we may need to wait until January before Ipswich are willing to budge. Or could be the same with Smith or Goddard. It’s all hypothetical but would you be better with Waghorn and Sharp to tide us over until Jan or try and bring in someone to replace what you want Lapado/Smith/Goddard etc to come in and do

I’d take Goddard back…add some experience 😉

7 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I’ve thought for a while that we are waiting to see if Lapado comes available at Ipswich (no itk, that’s just seemed to me the transfer that would make sense)

Someone posted that they'd ask Warne and he said Ladapo was on £16k/week! He came on today vs Sunderland.

I hope he signs just to see some of our fan base move into self-destruction 🤣

And then when he starts scoring winners in the last minute, to see those same supporters singing his name 🤣

I’m guessing most just jump on the small bandwagon because they think it’s cool. In fact, those on the said bandwagon probably agree with what was chanted at him. 

56 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I hope he signs just to see some of our fan base move into self-destruction 🤣

And then when he starts scoring winners in the last minute, to see those same supporters singing his name 🤣

I’m guessing most just jump on the small bandwagon because they think it’s cool. In fact, those on the said bandwagon probably agree with what was chanted at him. 

So, you want us to sign what would probably be a highly paid past it old git, just to wind a few of our fans up?