Lest we forget

i-Ram

I think it was @David who commented yesterday that we were a community on here. Up to then I thought I was just occasionally hanging out with some random Internet Saddo’s. Anyway it got me thinking about members who our community appears to have lost. Some may be dead, others bored, some might no longer have access to a computer, and others have found a proper life. Whatever the reason, this thread is set up to honour those Saddo’s, I mean members, who we enjoyed but no longer have contact with. I will start with a few, but will return with a few more as my memory improves.

@Angry Ram Nice bloke, nothing like his Internet persona. Miss his raspish put downs of anyone he disagreed with.

@Parsnip Funny man. Miss seeing pictures of his dog, and stories of parking tickets. 

@Norman All round good poster - humourous and serious, and probably gorgeous in a prison service uniform

Lest we forget.

36 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I think it was @David who commented yesterday that we were a community on here. Up to then I thought I was just occasionally hanging out with some random Internet Saddo’s. Anyway it got me thinking about members who our community appears to have lost. Some may be dead, others bored, some might no longer have access to a computer, and others have found a proper life. Whatever the reason, this thread is set up to honour those Saddo’s, I mean members, who we enjoyed but no longer have contact with. I will start with a few, but will return with a few more as my memory improves.

@Angry Ram Nice bloke, nothing like his Internet persona. Miss his raspish put downs of anyone he disagreed with.

@Parsnip Funny man. Miss seeing pictures of his dog, and stories of parking tickets. 

@Norman All round good poster - humourous and serious, and probably gorgeous in a prison service uniform

Lest we forget.

Good man , preempt the mass exodus if starmer gets in making the forum obsolete,,,, ( can every thread have a far right tinge please @David )😂

Edited by Archied

I certainly miss the days of debating with @StringerBell. Even though our views were at odds on almost everything, he an intelligent fella and always articulated his arguments well. To the point where I did change my mind on a few things occasionally

I remember him saying he'd got a job as a social worker, so I hope it went well for him and that some of his rather right wing views didn't cause him any bother 😂

Edited by Stive Pesley

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Lest we forget.

Dcfc fans never die they just fade away. 

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

I often wonder if Ovis Aries is still around. His film thread is still going strong after 8 years. Some kind of record in itself, surely.

Had some health issues I believe, stepped away from the forum 🙁

45 minutes ago, richinspain said:

@froggg and @Coneheadjohn I haven't seen posts from in a long time. I hope they're well, and that @Coneheadjohn especially is having more luck in his life.

I have Froggg on Facebook, sent me some of latest culinary master pieces back end of last year, looked to be a real ring stinger.

Sadly not heard anything from Conehead, hope all is well there with the family.

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Anyway it got me thinking about members who our community appears to have lost. Some may be dead, others bored, some might no longer have access to a computer, and others have found a proper life.

Sad to think it's inevitable some members will have passed away over the years, people you spent hours chatting away to over the computer screen.

Definitely worth seeking out members on Facebook that you get on with, as much as I don't like the platform it's a nice way to see that they are doing fine and when not, drop them a little message or raise a glass.

It's more than a bunch of internet saddos, some have made friendships through this forum, still waiting for our first forum wedding though so if anyone fancies a go at @DarkFruitsRam7 just drop him a PM

2 minutes ago, David said:

Sad to think it's inevitable some members will have passed away over the years, people you spent hours chatting away to over the computer screen.

Definitely worth seeking out members on Facebook that you get on with, as much as I don't like the platform it's a nice way to see that they are doing fine and when not, drop them a little message or raise a glass.

It's more than a bunch of internet saddos, some have made friendships through this forum, still waiting for our first forum wedding though so if anyone fancies a go at @DarkFruitsRam7 just drop him a PM

Has @DarkFruitsRam7 moved on from ‘enjoying his own company’?

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Good man , preempt the mass exodus if starmer gets in making the forum obsolete,,,, ( can every thread have a far right tinge please @David )😂

I would bring back @stringerbell if it were possible.

46 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I would bring back @stringerbell if it were possible.

44 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

@easytiger too, but he fell out with somebody on here because of football banter would you believe 😂

It's nice to have hopes and dreams, just remember they don't all come true 

2 hours ago, David said:

Wasn't that yours?