Lest we forget

i-Ram

20 hours ago, i-Ram said:

A few more for the list:

MafiaBob - some memory of a falling out, over Mel Morris iirc. Hope he is still keeping out of the Bookies, and doing his bit for non-gambling evangelism.

@Ellafella - probably just having some time out post-season, but I am missing his big words.

@cosmic - funny guy, but can't remember the last time i saw a post from him.

@Philmycock - always liable to lob a nice grenade into the piece. is he alright? @ossieram

@CornwallRam - not seen anything recently - although the clotted cream factory is probably busy this time of year.

@Rampage - What a guy

@Ken Tram - Whay a guy 2

@brady1993 - someone who wrote a lot of commonsense. Probably explains his/her absence.

TexasRam - large input into the Pub threads, and always very anti-Sky. I guess one way or another he is taking a lengthy bit of time out.

Hope to see a few more of them back on here sometime.

Lest we forget.

@Philmycock was fine when I saw him at the last match of the season, not so sure about now as the poor sod has surprised his missus and proposed to her and she said yes.

13 minutes ago, ossieram said:

@Philmycock was fine when I saw him at the last match of the season, not so sure about now as the poor sod has surprised his missus and proposed to her and she said yes.

Send him my commiserations.

Keep It Classy Drink Beer GIF

On 26/06/2023 at 22:02, i-Ram said:

A few more for the list:

MafiaBob - some memory of a falling out, over Mel Morris iirc. Hope he is still keeping out of the Bookies, and doing his bit for non-gambling evangelism.

@Ellafella - probably just having some time out post-season, but I am missing his big words.

@cosmic - funny guy, but can't remember the last time i saw a post from him.

@Philmycock - always liable to lob a nice grenade into the piece. is he alright? @ossieram

@CornwallRam - not seen anything recently - although the clotted cream factory is probably busy this time of year.

@Rampage - What a guy

@Ken Tram - Whay a guy 2

@brady1993 - someone who wrote a lot of commonsense. Probably explains his/her absence.

TexasRam - large input into the Pub threads, and always very anti-Sky. I guess one way or another he is taking a lengthy bit of time out.

Hope to see a few more of them back on here sometime.

Lest we forget.

From my side its a mix of things coming together. The big ones being time, ability to watch games, being more wary over time on my phone and how it effects me mentally, moving to Australia, complex feelings over the club's direction and waning interest in paying attention.

On the football side of things I've been hesitant to chime in because I'm often catching up on games quite a bit after or not at all. And even then I feel like last season I'd have been repeating myself over and over, it just gets tiring to do it after a while. I just don't feel I have much interesting to add to a discussion that quite frankly I feel there often isn't much to discuss. 

I do feel like Warne is tactically naive, demonstrates a lack of appreciation for the game's complexity, doesn't seem to have the best technical coaching and isn't the best long term move. I do feel like he will end up effectively wasting a generation of really gifted academy players by turning us into a functional outfit. And I do feel like he underachieved last season and his position should be in question. 

But he's not going anywhere. He knows the type of players he wants to get to play the way he wants and that will almost be certainly good enough for this division  with his motivation skills and the club's resources. 

I think most people see some close variation on that and it mostly comes down to how each fan feels about the following as to how they come down on things:

Functional vs attractive football?

Possession vs kick n rush football?

Warnes skill at league 1 vs warne's ability to manage beyond that?

Are the academy players worth focusing around?

Success now vs more sustainable growth down the line ? 

I feel like if I know a fan's answer to those questions there isn't much for me to debate them over. It just becomes the same conversation over and over.

A lot of what interests in me in talking about football and Derby in general is direction and tactical stuff (or things adjacent to it like selection). The direction is pretty clear to me and it goes against what I personally would like to see and the tactics are pretty basic so there just isn't much to delve into.

To be clear I'm still a fan, I still want to see derby do well and I hope I'm wrong about Warne and wish him well. He seems a good person and I believe he's doing what he thinks is right be the club and because of that I don't like harping on him too too much. It's more I'm happy to take a more a distant following for now and I've often had periods like this since joining this forum.

Edited by brady1993

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

From my side its a mix of things coming together. The big ones being time, ability to watch games, being more wary over time on my phone and how it effects me mentally, moving to Australia, complex feelings over the club's direction and waning interest in paying attention.

On the football side of things I've been hesitant to chime in because I'm often catching up on games quite a bit after or not at all. And even then I feel like last season I'd have been repeating myself over and over, it just gets tiring to do it after a while. I just don't feel I have much interesting to add to a discussion that quite frankly I feel there often isn't much to discuss. 

I do feel like Warne is tactically naive, demonstrates a lack of appreciation for the game's complexity, doesn't seem to have the best technical coaching and isn't the best long term move. I do feel like he will end up effectively wasting a generation of really gifted academy players by turning us into a functional outfit. And I do feel like he underachieved last season and his position should be in question. 

But he's not going anywhere. He knows the type of players he wants to get to play the way he wants and that will almost be certainly good enough for this division  with his motivation skills and the club's resources. 

I think most people see some close variation on that and it mostly comes down to how each fan feels about the following as to how they come down on things:

Functional vs attractive football?

Possession vs kick n rush football?

Warnes skill at league 1 vs warne's ability to manage beyond that?

Are the academy players worth focusing around?

Success now vs more sustainable growth down the line ? 

I feel like if I know a fan's answer to those questions there isn't much for me to debate them over. It just becomes the same conversation over and over.

A lot of what interests in me in talking about football and Derby in general is direction and tactical stuff (or things adjacent to it like selection). The direction is pretty clear to me and it goes against what I personally would like to see and the tactics are pretty basic so there just isn't much to delve into.

To be clear I'm still a fan, I still want to see derby do well and I hope I'm wrong about Warne and wish him well. He seems a good person and I believe he's doing what he thinks is right be the club and because of that I don't like harping on him too too much. It's more I'm happy to take a more a distant following for now and I've often had periods like this since joining this forum.

God I miss well written common sense like this.  Good luck in Australia, and look after yourself. You Ram!