Summer Rumour Mill

sage

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Based on what I say this season McGoals is fitter than most of our squad. 
If we only play him for league games and get another 18 months of his quality then I’m all for it. He doesn’t rely on pace it’s all upstairs with him isn’t it? 

Well I've not heard any songs about the size of his........

11 hours ago, Andrew1 said:

I hope he doesn’t, really can’t stand him, nasty.  Would reconsider my season ticket renewal, that’s how much I dislike him.

Wow. You must really hate him. No individual player (or manager) is more important or bigger than the club as far as I'm concerned.

I don't like him much (although I'm not sure who started it. Him or our vile songs about him) but if he did join us (I'd be stunned if he did. We're probably the last club in the country he'd like to sign for) I'd grit my teeth, cheer him on and hope he scored a bucket load of goals for us.

4 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

If not already mentioned, 28 year old from Hull shown around the training ground this week. Out of contract. 

Anybody know who this could be? 

Callum Elder is 28 and out of contract, left back.

7 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

If not already mentioned, 28 year old from Hull shown around the training ground this week. Out of contract. 

Joe Longthorne?

9 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Perhaps Sonny Bradley he is from Hull and just been released by Luton he is a CB

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

11 hours ago, Andrew1 said:

I hope he doesn’t, really can’t stand him, nasty.  Would reconsider my season ticket renewal, that’s how much I dislike him.

Derby fans much disliked Francis Lee and Charlie George before they joined us but both turned into an instant and everlasting love affair. 😉

Just now, Brailsford Ram said:

Derby fans much disliked Francis Lee and Charlie George before they joined us but both turned into an instant and everlasting love affair. 😉

Yes, I remember standing on the Pop side giving both of them dogs abuse then not too long after chanting their names. Funny old game, ain't it.

7 minutes ago, matty1986 said:

Callum Elder is 28 and out of contract, left back.

Would be an excellent signing at our level to be honest. In terms of a free transfer for a LWB where there won’t be too many of those about.

10 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Would be an excellent signing at our level to be honest. In terms of a free transfer for a LWB where there won’t be too many of those about.

Yes but could someone else be going to join Liam part- exchange?????

12 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Yes but could someone else be going to join Liam part- exchange?????

This is something I’m surprised hasn’t come up more. Not the part-exchange thing for Elder, but could and would Rosenior come looking at some of our players as transfer targets for Hull? Knight, Bird, Sibley and Cashin are all well known to him after the last few years. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

This is something I’m surprised hasn’t come up more. Not the part-exchange thing for Elder, but could and would Rosenior come looking at some of our players as transfer targets for Hull? Knight, Bird, Sibley and Cashin are all well known to him after the last few years. 

If they have any thoughts of a decent career in football, 3-4 years at Hull wouldn't be the ideal choice.  Be like being trapped in a black hole.

12 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Have Hull got any money? Not one of the richest championship clubs I would suggest

2 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Have Hull got any money? Not one of the richest championship clubs I would suggest

Hard to say. The current owner has a reasonable personal fortune, less than Clowes I believe. As a club they average gates of around 17-18,000. I guess it depends on how well ran they are currently. 
Reading some posters comments you wouldn’t need a lot of money to bid for some of our players, whereas other posters suggest you’d need billions to even come close to signing Jason Knight.

Taking people’s opinions about Hull as a city or club out of the conversation for a moment, I am just posing the question could we see Rosenior bid for any of our players this summer? If Hull have a budget of sorts, (remembering that transfer fees can be, and normally are, spread over several years) I wouldn’t be that surprised if he/they did.