Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Hull is a surprisingly great city. Still suffering from being named Britains s***test town years ago 😂 

It’s where the English Civil War started. It’s where Robinson Crusoe set off. For a period it had the world’s longest suspension bridge. It’s where they make Aunt Bessie’s. 

Also, I’ve heard on no authority that Vardy has signed

48 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Im not saying we would get him, more of his style of striker we would be looking at 

your first part says that, your second says a loan deal for him.

31 minutes ago, MarsdenRam said:

I'm starting to think that if McGoldrick was staying it would have been announced by now...

Me too. Still time yet, but with people saying they are hearing he isn't happy with the amount of games, I worry slightly.

My concern would be whether its the amount of games he isn't happy with, or the intensity of training?

2 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Obviously I hope we keep Didzy but if we lose him and end up with 2 or 3 decent strikers in his absence I don't think it will be the end of the world.  

We were way too reliant on him at the end of the season and we dont want to find ourselves in that position again.

We need to keep him and I see no reason why he will not sign.

5 hours ago, Srg said:

Ah yeah, they'd loan out a £20m striker to League One. Seems legit.

On paper your absolutely correct but he’s been a total flop at Sheffield United and they probably want him out the door and scoring goals somewhere so they can get him sold off - their lack of payments to Liverpool were why they were in embargo land ( Liverpool extended the payment dates to make sure they get their money) - hint never buy Liverpool reserves for lots of money 

1 hour ago, Blondest Goat said:

Obviously I hope we keep Didzy but if we lose him and end up with 2 or 3 decent strikers in his absence I don't think it will be the end of the world.  

We were way too reliant on him at the end of the season and we dont want to find ourselves in that position again.

Agreed and next season is an opportunity to start building a team that can go on to do well in the championship when we get there. Didzy isn't a medium term option let alone a long term one. At his age there is a good chance that this was his last season not hampered by injury as well. He should be seen as a luxury not as a key component

32 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

On paper your absolutely correct but he’s been a total flop at Sheffield United and they probably want him out the door and scoring goals somewhere so they can get him sold off - their lack of payments to Liverpool were why they were in embargo land ( Liverpool extended the payment dates to make sure they get their money) - hint never buy Liverpool reserves for lots of money 

Or Arsenal ones!

I've no idea on his destination but why not to a L1 club to prove himself again as you say.

1 minute ago, Gerry Daly said:

Agreed and next season is an opportunity to start building a team that can go on to do well in the championship when we get there. Didzy isn't a medium term option let alone a long term one. At his age there is a good chance that this was his last season not hampered by injury as well. He should be seen as a luxury not as a key component

Because goal-scorers are easy to find on limited funds? Maybe Didzy can help us get to the Championship so we can worry for real about doing well in that league!

Just now, Dcfcsr92 said:

Fu** me there's no joking around anymore, minds well just go for messi then psg dont want him! Calm down 

Jokes are fine when anyone reading your comment can tell it’s a joke. Don’t think anybody was thinking that.