Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Just now, Srg said:

Jokes are fine when anyone reading your comment can tell it’s a joke. Don’t think anybody was thinking that. 

Well i was joking the whole reason i said him was the style of play, not the fact of going to sign him! We take ramos at the back whilst your crying about it 

34 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Well i was joking the whole reason i said him was the style of play, not the fact of going to sign him! We take ramos at the back whilst your crying about it 

I think we could do with a fast player, Theo Walcott on loan. 

10 hours ago, Jram said:

Hull is a surprisingly great city. Still suffering from being named Britains s***test town years ago 😂 

It’s where the English Civil War started. It’s where Robinson Crusoe set off. For a period it had the world’s longest suspension bridge. It’s where they make Aunt Bessie’s. 

Also, I’ve heard on no authority that Vardy has signed

I forgot .. My Grandad was based there in WW2 running a balloon barrage - he could fly but he was too old for front line service. They nailed 1 Junkers from a service boat with a Lewis gun. Grandad got free beers for a week.

2 hours ago, alram said:

take it with a pinch of salt but i have heard freddie ladapos name mentioned

not sure how we would afford it though

Ladapo joined Ipswich on a 3 year deal last summer, played 46 league games and scored 17 goals as they won promotion. While he’s the type of player that would be ideal for us, I’d question Ipswich’s willingness to let him go, our ability to afford him, and his own motivations if he were to drop back to league one, even if it is with the mighty dcfc.
Stranger things have happened though I suppose 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, alram said:

take it with a pinch of salt but i have heard freddie ladapos name mentioned

not sure how we would afford it though

Would make sense given our continued need for strikers, and his history with Warne at Rotherham.

Maybe not all that unrealistic either. Ipswich might want him off the books now they’ve been promoted, and he’s 30 so no spring chicken. I’d think anything over half a million might tempt them.

12 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Ladapo joined Ipswich on a 3 year deal last summer, played 46 league games and scored 17 goals as they won promotion. While he’s the type of player that would be ideal for us, I’d question Ipswich’s willingness to let him go, our ability to afford him, and his own motivations if he were to drop back to league one, even if it is with the mighty dcfc.

Did play 100 times for Paul Warne. But he’s now 30, coupled with other reasons you mentioned, probably not the right answer. 

13 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Many teams but players to get them up then get rid.

back onto Mcgolderick I am 75% sure he won’t be resigning sadly 

3 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Many teams but players to get them up then get rid.

back onto Mcgolderick I am 75% sure he won’t be resigning sadly 

Is that based on anything other than your own opinion?

I appreciate there hasn’t been a decision announced yet, that doesn’t mean anything either way other than we have to wait to find out. 

24 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

But apart from that….

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Eight starts since Christmas - Ipswich have already replaced him. Talk is their owner is happy to bankroll a push for the Premier League. 

I'd say that he's looking down the barrel of irregular game time and he might want to avoid that fate. Ipswich probably want some money for him though. 

13 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Fair play to him if he goes to Notts County - finishing his career at his boyhood club must have a pull. Notts County aren't bankrolled like Wrexham, though, so it would be a substantial wage cut to make that move - he's probably on close to £10k a week here. He'd have to more than half his wages to make that move - not to mention the tighter restrictions in the EFL. 

Wish him all the best where he goes. 

26 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Fair play to him if he goes to Notts County - finishing his career at his boyhood club must have a pull. Notts County aren't bankrolled like Wrexham, though, so it would be a substantial wage cut to make that move - he's probably on close to £10k a week here. He'd have to more than half his wages to make that move - not to mention the tighter restrictions in the EFL. 

Wish him all the best where he goes. 

I feel pretty much the same. Would like him to re-sign for one more year but if he chooses to move on so be it.
He’s just given us a great season full of highlight reel moments, if he stays it’s brilliant however if he leaves, especially if he’s going for one final season with the club he supports, then I’d wish him well.