Summer Rumour Mill

sage

4 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

Ollie Norwood

This is up there with one of the funniest rumours I've heard. There is 0% chance of this, he's a vital part of their squad and will be starting in the prem, he literally started 39/46 games in their promotion season, coming on as a sub in the other 7. He'd easily be one of the best League 1 players.

For what it’s worth: my cud chewing angst …..

1) I think McMagic will stay.

2) knight might go if someone like Burnley offer him a huge pay cheque. You couldn’t blame him. 
3) Hourihan will stay on the right terms. Anywhere else will be a down grade.

4) We need a CB and we need a youthful forward along with WB’s for PW’s grand plan. But who ?
5) someone might try and nick NML

6) worried about keeping Cash and Wildsmith. They are desirable to others on ability and youth. 

everything 

24 minutes ago, jono said:

For what it’s worth: my cud chewing angst …..

1) I think McMagic will stay.

2) knight might go if someone like Burnley offer him a huge pay cheque. You couldn’t blame him. 
3) Hourihan will stay on the right terms. Anywhere else will be a down grade.

4) We need a CB and we need a youthful forward along with WB’s for PW’s grand plan. But who ?
5) someone might try and nick NML

6) worried about keeping Cash and Wildsmith. They are desirable to others on ability and youth. 

everything 

Hourihane signed a 2 year contract when he joined so will only leave if we sell him or mutually agree to cancel his contract, which I can’t see happening. 

6 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

Rumours I’ve heard 

CB - Robertson joining on a free 

CB - Flint like the original poster has already signed 

DF/ MF - Hamer from burton 

CM - Wing has met Warne 

rumoured to be after Saki from Crystal Palace on loan 

RW Ogbene from Rotherham for a small fee 

LW / FW Warne has gone to scout Rodrigues and Langstaff today + winger a chesterfield 

CF - Warne has held talks with Billy Sharp ( according to Ben Osborn ) 

I can't see Billy Sharp wanting to join Derby. Although McGoldrick could be a big pull for him.

8 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I can't see Billy Sharp wanting to join Derby. Although McGoldrick could be a big pull for him.

I hope he doesn’t, really can’t stand him, nasty.  Would reconsider my season ticket renewal, that’s how much I dislike him.

6 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Think the deals can be made now, just official registration. If is the case would imagine agents talking already to other clubs.

Hourihane and mcgoldrick must’ve been over 50% of our goals last season. Lot to replace. Doubt Collins is seen as a first choice either.

Well yes, technically talks can happen any time if the club gives permission. But the window isn’t open.

Indeed, I’d be very concerned if we did lose both of them. Collins up front is a recipe for League Two

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

I wouldn't be hugely surprised if Knight and Bird go, but Hourihane would be strange. I wouldn't have thought he would command much of a fee these days, and would be better to keep around. 

McGoldrick one I find a little unbelievable. 

You’d maybe get something like 750k, but I agree, it’s not a lot. But he’s a footballer, Warne may want to replace him with a runner.

I've heard McGoldrick will only stay if we introduce him to Steve Coopers agent who's just got him a job modelling budgie smugglers for Speedo. Sharps been offered a weekly contract of 10 Big Mac meals a day but is holding out for 10 Chicken nuggets and a McFlurry as part of the deal.  Derby have told him to stick it up his arse, so he's getting a team of potholers together to find his a******* as we speak.

On 15/07/2022 at 07:46, Rev said:

Gives away too many free kicks and penalties, due to his poor technique. 

He puts his left leg in, then pulls his left leg out, in, out, in, out, shakes it all about.

7 hours ago, Hans Datdo-Dishes said:

I think @Rev should repeat his fine post from the last time we were linked with this fella. Something about giving penalties away 😂

Absolute quality post. One of the finest ever on here. 😂

27 minutes ago, Srg said:

Knight to Burnley keeps being said like Kompany isn’t there now and not Dyche and their transfer policy is wildly different to when it last kept getting brought up. 

That was the least tenuous part of the conversation I had. However some Championship clubs are also in for him where he would get more starts. No mention of size of fee.

13 hours ago, Big Trav said:

I’ve heard Clark Robertson Is one of the players shown around along with Wes Harding like others have said. Expect knight to leave. Didzy wise I’ve heard he’s staying but wants 2 years rather than 1 

Based on what I say this season McGoals is fitter than most of our squad. 
If we only play him for league games and get another 18 months of his quality then I’m all for it. He doesn’t rely on pace it’s all upstairs with him isn’t it? 

4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Based on what I say this season McGoals is fitter than most of our squad. 
If we only play him for league games and get another 18 months of his quality then I’m all for it. He doesn’t rely on pace it’s all upstairs with him isn’t it? 

How good would it be to see him as one of the two 10’s behind a more mobile number 9 if Warne persists with the formation we had to end the season. A number 9 with a bit of pace and movement creating space for McGoldrick and NML/Sibley to score loads….yes please.