Summer Rumour Mill

sage

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

If that's what you've been told then somebody must be pulling your plonker... Sharp is 37, Stevens is 32 & Norwood is 32... hardly peak age bracket are they!

Stevens and Norwood are quality though

3 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

LW / FW Warne has gone to scout Rodrigues and Langstaff today + winger at chesterfield

The only Chesterfield player remotely capable of playing in league 1 is Dobra, who happens to be a winger, but even that is a bit of a stretch of the imagination. Scored a good goal today though whereas Rodriguez looked nothing special and Langstaffe barely had a touch

Just now, chezzyram said:

The only Chesterfield player remotely capable of playing in league 1 is Dobra, who happens to be a winger, but even that is a bit of a stretch of the imagination. Scored a good goal today though whereas Rodriguez looked nothing special and Langstaffe barely had a touch

Andrew Dallas looks alright. Best player on the pitch was the Notts winger Aaron Nemane and it wasn’t even close. 

20 minutes ago, Srg said:

Andrew Dallas looks alright. Best player on the pitch was the Notts winger Aaron Nemane and it wasn’t even close. 

Andrew Dallas is on loan from Solihull Moors, he is out of contract this summer. Agree about Nemane, there was a lot of effort but not much quality on show

40 minutes ago, chezzyram said:

Yes Dobra, he should go down well in league 1.  Went down today holding his face to try and con the ref. Complete  embarrassment - what a 🛎️ end.

1 minute ago, Andrew1 said:

Yes Dobra, he should go down well in league 1.  Went down today holding his face to try and con the ref. Complete  embarrassment - what a 🛎️ end.

Seen chesterfield on tv 3 or 4 times this year and he’s been the exact same in every game. 

47 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Warne must already be interested in somebody who plays for one of them. He can hardly - as he tongue in cheek said - just have gone along today to see if there is anyone he fancies

Yep, he's been to see Notts County before. We were told it was to see  Langstaff. I agree that Nemane caught the eye more today, though.

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yep, he's been to see Notts County before. We were told it was to see  Langstaff. I agree that Nemane caught the eye more today, though.

I've seen Notts a few times this season. Palmer, Rodriguez and Langstaff have been the best players.

Nemane has looked a little raw in games I've seen. 

15 minutes ago, sage said:

I've seen Notts a few times this season. Palmer, Rodriguez and Langstaff have been the best players.

Nemane has looked a little raw in games I've seen. 

Well some times you need a player that keep oppersition guessing.

14 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

I heard we were close to signing Ali Koiki from Northampton. Attacking left wingback, decent age and has impressed in league 2. Won't be rushing down to the bookies though.

I think @Rev should repeat his fine post from the last time we were linked with this fella. Something about giving penalties away 😂

44 minutes ago, angieram said:

Langstaff is a pure poacher. Doesn’t offer too much else from the times I’ve seen him. Not sure it’s the type of player I’d want to be spending the money on we’d need to. 

29 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

I heard we were close to signing Ali Koiki from Northampton. Attacking left wingback, decent age and has impressed in league 2. Won't be rushing down to the bookies though.

Struggles with injuries? Missed 2 large spells this season. 22 games played and only 1 assist (no goals) is pretty por for an "attacking full back".