Summer Rumour Mill

sage

53 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The one post I saw on here suggested McGoldrick was hoping we'd get promoted and doesn't like playing in so many competitions. Can't see why dropping a division fixes that

I agree. Seems like a bizarre reason to drop a division. Surely if PW wanted to keep him, and the reason for not re-signing being touted is true, then PW would just promise not to play him in the EFL cup or Pizza trophy.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I can't see that one happening given the relationship between parties. Stranger things have happened I suppose.

Do you think he might apologise to that pensioner Rams fan that he had a pop at? 😂. Can’t stand the fella.

32 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We’d be wanting cash for Bird, Knight and Hourihane, so that won’t happen for a month or so yet. We’d need to have our targets to replace them lined up and ready to go though, as you say there’d be a lot of work to do 8n a short space of time.

I imagine we’ll get a decision from McGoldrick sooner. Every season could be his last now, so I can understand why he wants to think carefully about it.

Think the deals can be made now, just official registration. If is the case would imagine agents talking already to other clubs.

Hourihane and mcgoldrick must’ve been over 50% of our goals last season. Lot to replace. Doubt Collins is seen as a first choice either.

1 hour ago, sage said:

This is the thread for all rumours you hear or read, to keep the yransfwr thread  clear of unsubstantiated stuff.

I'll start it off with what I've been told today by a reasonable source.

Aden Fkint has signed but is can't be announced yet 

We have bid for Bonis but his agent is touting him around so it get to be an auction.

We are hoping to get Jebbison on loan but he needs to sign a contract extension first 

Knight won't be here next year with 3 championship clubs plus Burnley (as a squad player) interested.

Just what I've heard today 

It may be rubbish but this thread is like Nottingham, keep all the crap on one place.

Knight I dont believe you

He might as well stay at derby then.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

I’ve heard:

Warne wants a full rebuild in midfield. Knight, Bird and Hourihane to be sold for funds.

McGoldrick doesn’t want to renew. Will go to Notts County if they’re promoted.

We want to sign Wes Harding and Josh Vickers (backup GK) from Rotherham.

Macgoldick will sign.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The one post I saw on here suggested McGoldrick was hoping we'd get promoted and doesn't like playing in so many competitions. Can't see why dropping a division fixes that

No, but he's Notts County born and bred and I suspect that he would like to finish his career there. Money would cease to be a motivation in that case and the number of games will be no more than at Derby.

24 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

According to Ben Warne has been in conversation with Billy Sharp over a 12 month contract as well as Ender Stevensons and Ollie Norwood.

If that's what you've been told then somebody must be pulling your plonker... Sharp is 37, Stevens is 32 & Norwood is 32... hardly peak age bracket are they!

1 hour ago, Rich3478 said:

Young striker at Sheffield United, had a good loan at burton last year and played for blades quite a bit this year.

would be a very good loan signing

Can’t believe he would drop to league 1, played quite a bit for them this season. Disappointed if we sign Flint, don’t think he is good enough defensively.