Players on holiday

Poynton ram

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not there for another week and half 😂

I think he had to get there early in his role as Chairman of the Northern Counties Swingers Association, as they've yet to secure a venue for your annual meet up!

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Why cant they stay in the uk and go 0n day trips or afternoon trips and train at the same time.

Because that wouldnt be a holiday/break would it? You wouldnt rather they had some quality time away/change of scene/recharge for promotion push in the short gaps of the year they can actually go away?
One of my sons does sport at an ok level which involves hours of training twice a day, careful diet, early nights and 5am starts, rarely drinking - he's 21 so most of his mates are doing exactly what they want out partying. When the season ends for about 6 weeks early July he just wants 2 weeks doing nothing in the sun, drinking cocktails near the sea but he still swims/runs/uses gym every day to keep some level of fitness up as he just feels off it if he doesnt and he is just at amateur level not a professional footballer. They just need a break from the relentlessness of it B4 and I am sure they are still keeping fitness up. And its freezing here - i bought handwarmers on friday for watching cricket

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Because that wouldnt be a holiday/break would it? You wouldnt rather they had some quality time away/change of scene/recharge for promotion push in the short gaps of the year they can actually go away?
One of my sons does sport at an ok level which involves hours of training twice a day, careful diet, early nights and 5am starts, rarely drinking - he's 21 so most of his mates are doing exactly what they want out partying. When the season ends for about 6 weeks early July he just wants 2 weeks doing nothing in the sun, drinking cocktails near the sea but he still swims/runs/uses gym every day to keep some level of fitness up as he just feels off it if he doesnt and he is just at amateur level not a professional footballer. They just need a break from the relentlessness of it B4 and I am sure they are still keeping fitness up. And its freezing here - i bought handwarmers on friday for watching cricket

Not it is not

It is not

It is baking at the min.

6 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Why cant they stay in the uk and go 0n day trips or afternoon trips and train at the same time.

Would you be happy if your employers were allowed to tell you where you could and could not go for your holidays?  Or on a Saturday afternoon?  🤷‍♂️

They are on annual leave. When you come off the sick and finally go back to work, will you be expecting to be allowed annual leave?  🤷‍♂️

Because they are professional footballers under contract, and worth money to their employer, they will already have some rules about where they cannot go, and rules about what activities they can do, for insurance purposes. They are already restricted enough as it is. 

I am with B4. Pitch up a few tents on Markeaton Park.

Get up at dawn which is approximately 05.00. Swim in the lake.  Sprints for an hour before a breakfast of vegan muesli and oat milk.

09.00 run to Moor farm for more conditioning training.

Lunch at 13.00 before watching one game from either Barcelona, Real Madrid or PSG. 

Back on to sprints from 16.00 to 18.00.

Jog back to Markeaton Park. Swim for an hour before a nice BBQ and singing Kumbaya by the fire.

Bed at 21.00.

A nice few days away and keep fit at the same time.

You lot are too soft

Edited by BathRam72

6 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

No it is not 

Plenty of nice plenty places in the uk

There are and I’m off to North Wales in September (as well as the Loire in June mind you) but, have a word with yourself B4. You can’t possibly be seriously suggesting the players should be denied a couple of weeks break, wherever in the world they want to go to, before the training starts again. They need time to physically and mentally recharge ready for what is bound to be a tough preseason. 

B4 - I think you should work at the cinema 10 hours a day, 7 days a week with no holiday.

Give it a break man - This is their job - everyone is entitled time off from their job.

An escape for 2-3 weeks is exactly what they DESERVE.