Players on holiday

Poynton ram

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Not it is not

It is not

It is baking at the min.

Genuine question B4. How many different countries have you been on holiday, and where's the warmest place you've ever been?

We've had a couple of nicer / sunnier days weather-wise in the UK in the past week, but it's somewhat of a stretch to call it 'baking'.

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

B4 - I think you should work at the cinema 10 hours a day, 7 days a week with no holiday.

Give it a break man - This is their job - everyone is entitled time off from their job.

An escape for 2-3 weeks is exactly what they DESERVE.

I agree. I hope the cinema make @B4ev6is work on match days and then tell him to go and watch a pub team only and not watch Derby County anymore.

7 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Would you be happy if your employers were allowed to tell you where you could and could not go for your holidays?  Or on a Saturday afternoon?  🤷‍♂️

They are on annual leave. When you come off the sick and finally go back to work, will you be expecting to be allowed annual leave?  🤷‍♂️

Because they are professional footballers under contract, and worth money to their employer, they will already have some rules about where they cannot go, and rules about what activities they can do, for insurance purposes. They are already restricted enough as it is. 

I am total against them having down time but I dont see why they got to go over seas.

3 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Genuine question B4. How many different countries have you been on holiday, and where's the warmest place you've ever been?

We've had a couple of nicer / sunnier days weather-wise in the UK in the past week, but it's somewhat of a stretch to call it 'baking'.

We stay in the uk and like I said plenty perfectly nice places in the uk I dont see need for them go over seas.

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am total against them having down time but I dont see why they got to go over seas.

How about because THEY want to.... just like millions of other Brits do every year. 

They get a few weeks off a year. In that time they have training routines they have to stick to. Who are we do decide where they may or may not go?

Edited by MadAmster

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

We stay in the uk and like I said plenty perfectly nice places in the uk I dont see need for them go over seas.

So you’re not going to the champions league away games when we get there.

Half fan😂

12 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Because they want to. Everybody is entitled to annual leave when they shouldn’t have to think about work for two or three weeks (although, as professional athletes, I’m sure they don’t quite less themselves go to the extent the rest of us might). 

How would you feel if your employer dictated where you can and cannot go on holiday (the fact that you only holiday in the UK is irrelevant. That’s your choice) or, whilst on annual leave, you were told you had to continue with work related activities?

As I said earlier, the players need a bit of down time in order to recover physically and mentally from the rigours of the season that has just ended and to recharge ready for the next season. PW comes across as a bit of task master when it comes to preseason training and I think lack of fitness for the first game should be very low on our list of concerns. Let them relax, get some sun on their backs, come back ready to face the preseason training regime and be ready to go come the first game of the season.

50 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I suspected that may be the case. I very rarely leave the UK either tbh and I agree with you that there are a lot of lovely places to go in the UK.

However, there are also lots of places and things you can only see and do by leaving the UK, lots of different cultural experiences to be had which will stick in the memory far longer than a visit to Blackpool Pleasure Beach

What you think of as a nice holiday might be terribly boring for others - especially young, rich athletes in their 20's and early 30's who would prefer to go somewhere where they can meet up with other successful, attractive, young rich girls and boys from around the world and do some horizontal hiking, or whatever other activities they like to get up to on holiday. They're not going to meet those people in Skegness, or halfway up Ben Nevis.

You should also factor in that these players might not want to go somewhere in the UK where they will be recognised all the time by football fans. They might not want to spend their entire holiday being asked to sign autographs, or being confronted and abused by fans of rival teams while they're trying to eat their dinner. They will need an escape from that sort of thing.

Edited by Kokosnuss

42 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Yeah.  Good point to be fair. 👍

We only holiday in our tent.  Why folk feel the need to stay in a Bed & Breakfast, or one o' them fancy-dan hotel things is beyond me.  Should knock all the hotels down.  No need forrum!  

... And whilst we're at it... seeing as we wouldn't need them... they could turn all the airports into cheapo flats to help first time buyers.
Le Tunnel is more than good enough... and it don't even feel like we're abroad, as it's just like driving to North Wales, but with a short trainy bit to by-pass Stoke. 

The more I read yer, the more I'm with yer, brother.

Go give 'em hell!    

We're going on our travels,
But we don't need a flight,
Cos we are only camping,
And hotels smell of poo!

Allez, Allez, Allez...