Players on holiday

Poynton ram

6 minutes ago, beardyjim said:

In fairness B4, some UK holidays are more expensive than foreign holidays. We as a family (mother, 3.sisters, respective partners and dogs) go somewhere in the UK most years or so and the holiday cottages are extortionate, as lovely as they are, they cost a bomb!

Seeing the world is a great thing to do, experience new things, new foods, new cultures. It's all out there, for everyone to enjoy. I think you're being a bit closed minded. Plus, it's not DPRK, we can go wherever we want. Arent we lucky?! 

Not if become friends with owners but what I am getting a lot of flight cost around £400 person depanding were you go and then accommodation and then food and drink so before so looking at I dont think uk holiday are not more experance and if take pets over that's even more if stay in the UK dont have that extra costs on top or kenal fees.

I think that's why he said 'some' UK holidays B4.

I think folk are just not really understanding why you'd want to prevent players seeing another country just because you yourself prefer to holiday in the UK. As I said above, I really like UK holidays too and I'm staying in the UK this year as it happens, but there are loads of other countries that I'd like to visit too. It would be a very strange thing for any employer to tell you where to take your holidays.

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Not if become friends with owners but what I am getting a lot of flight cost around £400 person depanding were you go and then accommodation and then food and drink so before so looking at I dont think uk holiday are not more experance and if take pets over that's even more if stay in the UK dont have that extra costs on top or kenal fees.

Seems pretty cheap to me! 

Screenshot_20230515-154845.png

17 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

B4, you've admitted you don't go abroad, or even have a passport so not sure you're in a great position to compare.

To say flights are £400 each is simply not true, you can go on RyanAir now and buy a flight to Barcelona cheaper than a match ticket at Barnsley.

I spent less going to Magaluf for a week all inclusive than I did to Ilfracombe (Devon) for the same time self catering. Not only that it was a 5hr drive compared to a 2 hour flight.

Also becoming friends with cottage owners in the UK is not a realistic way of saving money. You try ringing an owner through Hoseasons asking if they want to be your friend before booking, let me know how that works out for you.

End of the day, these footballers at Derby are on thousands a week, I'm not sure cost will be a factor when deciding where they want to go on holiday.

Just let the players do what they want, I'm sure you wouldn't like to be told where you have to go. 

If they are in Dubai, Derby or Dagestan really isn't any of your business. 

57 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I just dont get it

I rather stay in the uk you dont have to pay for flights or hotels but you can stay in holiday cottages and dont charge person were everyone can stay in same location.

We're trying to help you get it 👍

Footballers don't care how much those things cost. Some of them probably don't even book their own holidays and get their agents to do it.

You are not a footballer. Your budget is not the same as theirs.

55 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Year when they all taking advantage of situation that's were difference is and just saying uk just as good as over seas holidays and cheaper too.

Firstly, you've just told me that you've never been abroad, so you have no way of comparing the two. That doesn't even matter though, holidays in the UK can be just as good as holidays abroad - it isn't about one holiday destination being better than the other, it's about them offering different experiences, suited to different people.

You're not a footballer. Your tastes are (broadly) not the same as theirs. They mostly won't want to go to the same places you want to go to.

44 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

It is near enough.

5 degrees can make a lot of difference, in a number of ways.

For example, when we get a heatwave in the UK it increases the chance of death from heat related illnesses in older people. Those who would survive at, say, 22 degrees may have major difficulties if temperatures reach 27 - which is 'only' a 5 degree difference

Edited by Kokosnuss

5 minutes ago, David said:

B4, you've admitted you don't go abroad, or even have a passport so not sure you're in a great position to compare.

To say flights are £400 each is simply not true, you can go on RyanAir now and buy a flight to Barcelona cheaper than a match ticket at Barnsley.

I spent less going to Magaluf for a week all inclusive than I did to Ilfracombe (Devon) for the same time self catering. Not only that it was a 5hr drive compared to a 2 hour flight.

Also becoming friends with cottage owners in the UK is not a realistic way of saving money. You try ringing an owner through Hoseasons asking if they want to be your friend before booking, let me know how that works out for you.

End of the day, these footballers at Derby are on thousands a week, I'm not sure cost will be a factor when deciding where they want to go on holiday.

Just let the players do what they want, I'm sure you wouldn't like to be told where you have to go. 

I see enough programs some called rib of briitant  but also show were some people paid money but did not get what they paid for. Or holiday in the sun.

6 minutes ago, EranioIsGod said:

Fozzy's insta story has him with his dog on a generic British looking country lane... That should please B4

Now this is a game I can get behind...

Who's likely to go where.

Fozzy - run of the mill, never one to be extravagant. Likely goes to see family and takes a stroll instead of a beach, he is Scottish afterall and his complexion can't cope.

Cashin - Seen the Inbetweeners film? Cash is at that hotel right now.

Didzy - Flambuoyant, bit of a maverick. Bali.

Jason Knight - Dublin. Back home.

James Collins - Great Yarmouth. Not what it once was, rough around the edges. Promises so much, but takes forever to get there.

Wildsmith - Costa Del Sol. Familiar and reliable when you give it a chance.

15 minutes ago, David said:

Sorry if I upset you guys

But just feel uk is nicer and easier but like I said I just get the appeal to it.

11 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I see enough programs some called rib of briitant  but also show were some people paid money but did not get what they paid for. Or holiday in the sun.

Do you watch the programs where people have a really great time, travelling to exotic locations, meeting interesting people, eating and drinking new stuff?

When you can get the same experiences in the UK as you can in Egypt or Turkey or Greece or Africa do let me know.

Or when you can do this (and I have to say this doesn't appeal to me 😄 )

image.thumb.png.141aaabee983606184ee9e0081baa597.png

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Fozzy - run of the mill, never one to be extravagant. Likely goes to see family and takes a stroll instead of a beach, he is Scottish afterall and his complexion can't cope.

James Collins - Great Yarmouth. Not what it once was, rough around the edges. Promises so much, but takes forever to get there.

Barkhuizen - Battersea

NML - Guatemala

Sibley - Any cul de sac will do

Roberts - anywhere as long as it's not last year's place, turned up in July with a right long face

Bielik - Lourdes

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do you watch the programs where people have a really great time, travelling to exotic locations, meeting interesting people, eating and drinking new stuff?

When you can get the same experiences in the UK as you can in Egypt or Turkey or Greece or Africa do let me know.

Sounds like Ilkeston to me

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Haydon Roberts - China.

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Happens in every country mate, but none of that has anything to do with whether footballers should go on holidays to where they want to go not where you prefer to go yourself.

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Sorry if I upset you guys

But just feel uk is nicer and easier but like I said I just get the appeal to it.

Don't worry mate, nobody is upset. Folk are just saying that we all have different places that we like to go on holidays and that includes players too. Hopefully they'll all come back nice and refreshed and ready for pre-season training and friendlies. Looking forward to it already !

1 hour ago, David said:

You can't say chips taste nicer than lobster if you've never tried lobster.

I’ve had lobster in restaurants, but the best I’ve ever tasted was cooked on a dustbin lid on the beach in Jamaica 🇯🇲.