Club Captain next season?

DiggerB

Hourihane? Certainly has the experience. As good a lad as he is I don’t feel Bird is the long-term solution at this level (let’s face it, he’s too nice!). Don’t think Foz will be an automatic starter next year? If I’m wrong it could be him.

Maybe PW gets some of his old boys in and it’ll go to one of them. Cashin as an outside bet (if he’s still here?).

Maybe the captain hasn't been signed yet, just as in 1968 when Cloughie signed Dave Mackay; then it all took off.

1 hour ago, DiggerB said:

Hourihane? Certainly has the experience. As good a lad as he is I don’t feel Bird is the long-term solution at this level (let’s face it, he’s too nice!). Don’t think Foz will be an automatic starter next year? If I’m wrong it could be him.

Maybe PW gets some of his old boys in and it’ll go to one of them. Cashin as an outside bet (if he’s still here?).

Like's to give the ref a bollocking.  It's a yes from me.

33 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Easy. Forsyth captain, McGoldrick vice-captain

Exactly. Though if Wildsmith was VC it would not be a surprise and Didzy is such a warm spirited superhero I don’t think he’d bat an eyelid

let’s be honest, Hourihane spent half the season at half c***,  assuming - in a WRooney sort of way -  that it would be his last. I think we’ll see him on the pitch again next year but a major focus for Warne will be to get him running around the same way he did in our last 6 fixtures. 

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

It has to be one man for me macgoldick cap for me.

Nah. Not for me. Your captain doesn’t have to be your best player. It needs to be someone with the right personality to lead the team through communication and guidance rather than by example. I love McG to bits and think he probably does have these attributes but perhaps not strong enough to be captain. If he stays at the club I’d rather he continued to focus on his own wizardry rather than leading the team.

I agree with others, our new captain probably isn’t at the club yet.

I’d definitely make Fozzy club captain, partly for sentimental reasons but he’s also hugely experienced, a leader and I’m sure someone the younger players look up to. When he’s not playing, it’ll be our new sh1thouse centre half or sh1thouse centre mid.

19 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Maybe the captain hasn't been signed yet, just as in 1968 when Cloughie signed Dave Mackay; then it all took off.

Actually it didn't all really take off until we signed Willie Carlin. Now there is a lesson from the past for us that would still hold true for where we are now. An aggressive, hard midfielder who can get around the park, play a bit and kick a few people. Someone with a real will to win and competitive streak   

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

Actually it didn't all really take off until we signed Willie Carlin. Now there is a lesson from the past for us that would still hold true for where we are now. An aggressive, hard midfielder who can get around the park, play a bit and kick a few people. Someone with a real will to win and competitive streak   

He was a pretty good newsagent too 😀