Embargo and Transfer restrictions lifted

B4ev6is

11 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Oh by the way club extend jasion knight for another so if anyone want him have pay through nose for him now.

Hopefully he wants to stay and play again for us but it will be mainly the club protecting the club if things change

5 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

No, I think Jason said “Ireland is messy”. Let’s get real , Knight can run down the last year of his contract like Captain Tom did. We would be lucky to get £300k this summer.

Knight leaving at the end of his contract would entitle us to a tribunal as he be under the age of 24, whilst we have no knowledge how that would be evaluated, we do know certain factors that go into the calculation - he’s been with us since 2017. He’ll have likely played over 200 games for us at that point and is (of course) a full international who will likely have over 20 caps for his country. 

Steve Davies all those years ago cost us roughly £1.5m through the tribunal process when we were in the Championship and Tranmere in the League One - disclosed on the Undr The Cosh podcast. 

Knight leaving next summer would still lead to us getting a very good fee, probably more so than him going this season, but it just depends on how quickly Warne wants to reinvest the money in the team. Same with Bird and Sibley. 

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Knight leaving at the end of his contract would entitle us to a tribunal as he be under the age of 24, whilst we have no knowledge how that would be evaluated, we do know certain factors that go into the calculation - he’s been with us since 2017. He’ll have likely played over 200 games for us at that point and is (of course) a full international who will likely have over 20 caps for his country. 

Steve Davies all those years ago cost us roughly £1.5m through the tribunal process when we were in the Championship and Tranmere in the League One - disclosed on the Undr The Cosh podcast. 

Knight leaving next summer would still lead to us getting a very good fee, probably more so than him going this season, but it just depends on how quickly Warne wants to reinvest the money in the team. Same with Bird and Sibley. 

Good points , l wonder how much we got for Buchannon? If Knight had just had a mediocre season in League 1 for Peterborough and was in the last year of his contract - how much would you expect Warne to pay for him?

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Good points , l wonder how much we got for Buchannon? If Knight had just had a mediocre season in League 1 for Peterborough and was in the last year of his contract - how much would you expect Warne to pay for him?

Buchanan was a FIFA compensation as he went to a foreign club. I seem to remember an amount of around £300k. It was the principle as much as anything with him and his fellow rat Byrne.

Knight is a tough one to call, he probably was our most saleable asset 18 months ago and we may have got between £1-2m for him.

But I don't think his inconspicuous performances this season have done us any favours, either on the pitch or for potential transfer, I doubt he'd command a fee in excess of £1m now, he hasn't cemented a position in the team, can't get in the central 2 ahead of Bird and Hourihane,  doesn't produce enough in the final 3rd to play further forwards and has been shoe-horned in to a wide position more often than not.

Strange thing is, of all the midfielders,  he's probably the one that fits the profile Warne wants due to his energy levels, I suspect we will keep him and risk the compensation route at the end of the season, not sure there will be a queue knocking on the door to start a bidding war.

9 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Strange thing is, of all the midfielders,  he's probably the one that fits the profile Warne wants due to his energy levels, I suspect we will keep him and risk the compensation route at the end of the season, not sure there will be a queue knocking on the door to start a bidding war.

Remember Warne saying in an early interview that he had told a midfielder that he needed to add more goals to his game.  Surely Bird or Knight.  The advice applies to both.  Neither has done so.

Wouldn't be surprised to see both move on if it means bringing in players with more end product.

25 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Knight is a tough one to call, he probably was our most saleable asset 18 months ago and we may have got between £1-2m for him.

But I don't think his inconspicuous performances this season have done us any favours, either on the pitch or for potential transfer, I doubt he'd command a fee in excess of £1m now, he hasn't cemented a position in the team, can't get in the central 2 ahead of Bird and Hourihane,  doesn't produce enough in the final 3rd to play further forwards and has been shoe-horned in to a wide position more often than not.

It's hard to get into the "flow" when you're playing right back for a chunk of the season, left wing back, right wing back, DM and AM.

Knight will most likely end up at the likes of Celtic and will go for a tuppence under the FIFA compensation scheme. We haven't got a hope in getting anything major for him. As all there on Sunday saw, he seemingly said his goodbyes to the Derby supporters with the tears and fist bumping to his heart. Good luck to him, it's just gutting to see things end this way. 

1 hour ago, Rich84 said:

Fortunately, I would still imagine we would be due roughly £1.5-2m in some form for Knight at a tribunal. Bird similar due to the amount of time he’s been at the club, perhaps even being captain some games would aid in our case. Sibley below £1m due to not having the same amount of games under his belt.

All three will also be on good terms at a new club, no doubt, which also plays a part. I believe they’re already on close to £10k a week each here as it is. 

1 hour ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Knight will most likely end up at the likes of Celtic and will go for a tuppence under the FIFA compensation scheme. We haven't got a hope in getting anything major for him. As all there on Sunday saw, he seemingly said his goodbyes to the Derby supporters with the tears and fist bumping to his heart. Good luck to him, it's just gutting to see things end this way. 

Good job he's still got 1 year on his contract...