Sheffield Wednesday (A) Sun 7th May, 12:00 KO

Wildsmith 

Fozzy       Davies (C)     Cashin

Knight                                                 Roberts

Bird           Hourihane 

NML            Sibley

Mcgoldrick 

Subs: McGee, Rooney, Smith, White, Barkhuizen, Dobbin, Collins

- Don’t need to change anything, might seem a stretch and I know it’s a different level, but I think that first 25 minutes is the best we’ve played since the second half of 19/20 under Cocu, probably the best since Blackburn at home on Sibley’s debut. We created so many chances, just lack cutting edge and finishing, which should be one of the top priorities in the summer, but I think this team gives us the best chance of scoring, tempting to start Collins but I think we’re better starting with the two 10’s.

- Need big performances from NML and Wildsmith with points to prove. Start quickly and score early, quieten down the sold out crowd and we absolutely have to take our chances, I’m already bricking it and we’re still days away. 

Edited by JustOneBiblicalKazim

1 hour ago, JustOneBiblicalKazim said:

Wildsmith 

Fozzy       Davies (C)     Cashin

Knight                                                 Roberts

Bird           Hourihane 

NML            Sibley

Mcgoldrick 

Subs: McGee, Rooney, Smith, White, Barkhuizen, Dobbin, Collins

- Don’t need to change anything, might seem a stretch and I know it’s a different level, but I think that first 25 minutes is the best we’ve played since the second half of 19/20 under Cocu, probably the best since Blackburn at home on Sibley’s debut. We created so many chances, just lack cutting edge and finishing, which should be one of the top priorities in the summer, but I think this team gives us the best chance of scoring, tempting to start Collins but I think we’re better starting with the two 10’s.

- Need big performances from NML and Wildsmith with points to prove. Start quickly and score early, quieten down the sold out crowd and we absolutely have to take our chances, I’m already bricking it and we’re still days away. 

Exactly this. We're unbeaten in 6 and I'd be amazed if a draw here isn't enough. Warne has changed it around and decided the 3-4-3 is the way to go. He isn't going to change it up again now. The experimentation is over. It brings all his best players into the team. The Sibley haters can do one. It wouldn't surprise me if Louie comes up with the vital goods to see us over the line, all the way to Wembley. Any Derby team without him in some sort of central attacking position is less likely to create or score goals.

That said, after last week's failure I was in a slough of despond and decided we have a squad of bottlers, so I've put an insurance bet on for Peterborough to make the playoffs, at 4-1. Those odds are a demonstration that we are expected to at least qualify.

13 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

20th October 1990, Rams 1 Man City 1, Dean Saunders. Remember Big Roger’s 5 at Luton, think it was Easter time and had visited my Dads family in Southampton, was only 9 but remember it like yesterday 👍

Yes, the Luton game was Easter Saturday. 29 March 1975. We returned from Honeymoon in Scarborough just in time.

12 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

They could all go to the pub, I guess?

God forbid a man would want to spend quality time with his wife and kids.  Sometimes, you sound like you were born in the 1930's!  

I don't know whether to 🤣 or 🙄.

I’ll be taking the Mrs to the pub with me. Despite the fact she’s a red dog. 

need someone to go get the crisps in to stop me biting my nails down to the knuckle. 

On 01/05/2023 at 23:31, Eddie said:

Can't quite beat that, but I did work live updates from Newcastle v Derby (0-2, Roger Davies *2) into my wedding day speech. One of my mates was listening to Radio Derby on his transistor radio and feeding me relevant snippets. That was the week that Big Roger couldn't stop scoring - the following Saturday, he bagged 5 against Luton.

Fair play if you managed to slip a big roger in during your wedding speech....🤣

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’ll be taking the Mrs to the pub with me. Despite the fact she’s a red dog. 

need someone to go get the crisps in to stop me biting my nails down to the knuckle. 

She’ll be saying same thing in a week or two I’m sure 

2 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

I’m sorry NML needs resting he looks absolutely knackered I’d rather start with Collins then bring him on the tear Flint and the fullbacks a new one 

NML has looked knackered for weeks. I don't understand why Warne has kept starting him, instead of giving him a rest prior to the hoped-for playoff campaign. When NML arrived he was only capable of one half of football at a time. I'd never seen a pro-footballer in that position, and it was clearly what has held him back over his career. Credit to the fitness team who have had him play well for 60/70 minutes at earlier points in the season, and stay on the field for the full 95, but this has taken its toll. It's a long season and he should have had a break a while back. I fear it's too late now.

But for me to keep the balance of the team, I would have brought in Barks to play that role and try to rebuild his own finishing confidence.

9 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

NML has looked knackered for weeks. I don't understand why Warne has kept starting him, instead of giving him a rest prior to the hoped-for playoff campaign. When NML arrived he was only capable of one half of football at a time. I'd never seen a pro-footballer in that position, and it was clearly what has held him back over his career. Credit to the fitness team who have had him play well for 60/70 minutes at earlier points in the season, and stay on the field for the full 95, but this has taken its toll. It's a long season and he should have had a break a while back. I fear it's too late now.

But for me to keep the balance of the team, I would have brought in Barks to play that role and try to rebuild his own finishing confidence.

Probably a bit daft but I would be interested to see how white looked in that front 3 with sibley and didzy

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

Probably a bit daft but I would be interested to see how white looked in that front 3 with sibley and didzy

If White plays (I don't see why) I think he'd need to be further back. Having either Barks or Dobbin in the role brings pace which frightens defenders. While neither Didzy nor Sibley are slouches, I think bringing White into the attack would make it too one-paced whereas one of those other two gives us an extra dimension. So I'm in the "a bit daft" camp! 🤣

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If White plays (I don't see why) I think he'd need to be further back. Having either Barks or Dobbin in the role brings pace which frightens defenders. While neither Didzy nor Sibley are slouches, I think bringing White into the attack would make it too one-paced whereas one of those other two gives us an extra dimension. So I'm in the "a bit daft" camp! 🤣

Fair enough , im just a bit confused with white , I was at his debut game and he looked like he could be a decent goal threat 

23 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Not if there is diddly end product.  He reminds me of a full back with pace who loses the plot when they get 15 yards from goal.  Rushed shots, inability to beat a player with intent, squaring the ball .  Putting Dobbin in the side for those 5 games when Barkhuizen was playing out of his skin and causing damage was the most nonsensical decision of the season and cost us any chance of 2nd. 

32 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not if there is diddly end product.  He reminds me of a full back with pace who loses the plot when they get 15 yards from goal.  Rushed shots, inability to beat a player with intent, squaring the ball .  Putting Dobbin in the side for those 5 games when Barkhuizen was playing out of his skin and causing damage was the most nonsensical decision of the season and cost us any chance of 2nd. 

What so would say is that the instinctive skills Dobbin possesses and which takes him beyond defenders is hard to teach.

Shooting practice, especially when under pressure, isn’t so hard to teach, in particular to an attacking player.

23 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

I must've been visiting the moon when Barkhuizen was playing out of his skin for us.

Did you visit the Sea of Tranquility where Apollo 11 landed whilst you were there? There was a spell when he played well and was one of the few Derby players who didn't look out of his depth against West Ham in the cup game. I do acknowledge that his form has been inconsistent but he seemed better when he got a run of games.