Sheffield Wednesday (A) Sun 7th May, 12:00 KO

49 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

I must've been visiting the moon when Barkhuizen was playing out of his skin for us.

'Out of his skin', no.

There was just a spell in January where he made 6 goal contributions across 4 games, then was given 68 minutes of a league game (Port Vale away) & 62 minutes against West Ham (where nobody impressed) before he found himself back on the bench.

I can understand why we gave Dobbin starts in the 3 league games following Port Vale because he did come on and make a difference, but it came at the expense of Barkhuizen having any real opportunity to build on his January form and he's only had 45 minutes-or-less to impress in of our 10 of our 17 matches since.

barkz.JPG.e9a231af8d6794711be1011ca5268faf.JPG

Edited by Kokosnuss

2 hours ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Its time put some money down on Peterborough. They win your quids in, they lose Derby in play offs. Win, win.

Peterborough to win and Rams to lose is priced at 13/2. And we could still go through on goal difference.

2 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

'Out of his skin', no.

There was just a spell in January where he made 6 goal contributions across 4 games, then was given 68 minutes of a league game (Port Vale away) & 62 minutes against West Ham (where nobody impressed) before he found himself back on the bench.

I can understand why we gave Dobbin starts in the 3 league games following Port Vale because he did come on and make a difference, but it came at the expense of Barkhuizen having any real opportunity to build on his January form and he's only had 45 minutes-or-less to impress in of our 10 of our 17 matches since.

barkz.JPG.e9a231af8d6794711be1011ca5268faf.JPG

The results against Fleetwood and mk dons still make me sick to the back teeth 

3 minutes ago, strawhillram said:

Fleetwood was the Worst performance I've seen 1st half.  Saying that, In February and March they drew away at Sheff Wednesday and Plymouth, beat Sheff Wed at home and Peterborough at home, then us away. In those 5 games they conceded one goal.  The proverbial raise your game side losing to Cambridge, Bristol and Burton and  drawing with Forest Green and Port Vale at the same time.

16 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Barnsley are already resting their better players like Anderson and Cole based on their last game line up.  Need something from this game.  Won't worry unduly.  Is what it is.  I prefer to let Forest fans do all my worrying for me. 

I hope they get bed sores

2 hours ago, strawhillram said:

We deserved nothing against Fleetwood but we should have destroyed MK Dons - anyway there are loads of games where we have missed huge chances 

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We deserved nothing against Fleetwood but we should have destroyed MK Dons - anyway there are loads of games where we have missed huge chances 

Yep.  It's really been a season of not taking chances and giving away bad goals.  Add in all the decisions that have gone against us and playoffs should've been done and dusted a few games ago.

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

If we draw -Peterborough have to win by 3 goals. Sounds difficult but the Bristol Rovers last game , this time last year was ridiculous.

By 4 goals, 3 goals could do it but I don't know how GD works if both teams have the same. I'm presuming it would be goals scored. At some point I'll probably Google it...

20 minutes ago, Wazztie16 said:

By 4 goals, 3 goals could do it but I don't know how GD works if both teams have the same. I'm presuming it would be goals scored. At some point I'll probably Google it...

Posh have scored more than us so will need to win by 3 goals if we draw…

On 30/04/2023 at 12:58, Ramarena said:

Wednesday’s form is fairly good in the last five after struggling worse than us from Feb to April.

It’ll be interesting to see what they do in terms of keeping that momentum going/resting players.

We have to go all out and try and get a result.

Expect a similar team to start. Maybe Collins in for Sibs or NML for his closing down.

Yes, I did wonder with Collins breaking his open play drought he’ll be given a starting berth ? . I’m not Warne so can’t be sure but it’s on the cards I think. I’d like Dobs to get a start too. He can’t finish but scares the what nots off a defence because he’s so direct. Having that energy in attack is for me more than useful. Get them on the back foot and it gives the old boys a chance to stay up top. 

6 minutes ago, jono said:

Yes, I did wonder with Collins breaking his open play drought he’ll be given a starting berth ? . I’m not Warne so can’t be sure but it’s on the cards I think. I’d like Dobs to get a start too. He can’t finish but scares the what nots off a defence because he’s so direct. Having that energy in attack is for me more than useful. Get them on the back foot and it gives the old boys a chance to stay up top. 

I'm just not seeing that.  Last few times I've seen him he's been lazily offside or seemingly comatose to the point I've forgot he's playing and that's against defenders with an hour in the legs when he's come on.  

I know Peterboro have won more games than the Rams, but do they deserve to have a chance in the play-offs having lost a massive 17 matches. It would be a travesty if we fail on Sunday afternoon and the Posh nick it. I'm hoping we win at Wednesday, Peterboro result won't matter and Bristol Rovers beat Bolton. I fancy the Rams against Barnsley over 2 legs especially having the home game first.

So come on Derby, beat Wednesday and lets see where it takes us.

8 hours ago, Yoxoram said:

Did you visit the Sea of Tranquility where Apollo 11 landed whilst you were there? There was a spell when he played well and was one of the few Derby players who didn't look out of his depth against West Ham in the cup game. I do acknowledge that his form has been inconsistent but he seemed better when he got a run of games.

And when he wasn't asked to play LWB...