Sheffield Wednesday (A) Sun 7th May, 12:00 KO

4 minutes ago, MarsdenRam said:

Pretty much.

Just sounds a bit of a contradiction: they'll be going full out to win and maintain their momentum but at the same time rest some key players.

They might well play pretty much a full strength team (because players always want to play and, as you say, they will want to keep up their momentum) but the players might (hopefully) be a little more cautious during the game.

Edited by Tamworthram

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Just sounds a bit of a contradiction: they'll be going full out to win and maintain their momentum but at the same time rest some key players.

They might well play pretty much a full strength team (because players always want to play and, as you say, they will want to keep up their momentum) but the players might (hopefully) be a little more cautious during the game.

I think it means they will rest key players but play flat out full speed football no matter the result to tire our players out ready for the play off games. 

If they run us all over and push those tired bodies to the limits could we lose one or two or just be at a disadvantage when they bring key players back in? 

36 minutes ago, ExiledinDerby said:

I think it means they will rest key players but play flat out full speed football no matter the result to tire our players out ready for the play off games. 

If they run us all over and push those tired bodies to the limits could we lose one or two or just be at a disadvantage when they bring key players back in? 

I'm not worried about players being tired, it's five days between the last game and the first leg of the play offs, but injuries would be a concern - if we make it of course.

I don’t think teams rest players going into the playoffs. We certainly didn’t under Mac or Wassall, especially the latter when Thorne broke his leg against Ipswich. 

I’d expect Wednesday to play a full strength side and look to gain momentum.

The first leg isn’t for another week anyway so there is plenty of recovery time. 

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don’t think teams rest players going into the playoffs. We certainly didn’t under Mac or Wassall, especially the latter when Thorne broke his leg against Ipswich. 

I’d expect Wednesday to play a full strength side and look to gain momentum.

The first leg isn’t for another week anyway so there is plenty of recovery time. 

Some teams do. Aston Villa did for sure before the 18/19 playoffs. But then again West Brom didn't when they played us on the last game of that season. It's up to the manager at the end of the day but I think it depends on the situation as well. It's pretty much a meaningless game for Sheffield Wednesday as they will finish 3rd regardless so I wouldn't be surprised if they rested a few players.

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Some teams do. Aston Villa did for sure before the 18/19 playoffs. But then again West Brom didn't when they played us on the last game of that season. It's up to the manager at the end of the day but I think it depends on the situation as well. It's pretty much a meaningless game for Sheffield Wednesday as they will finish 3rd regardless so I wouldn't be surprised if they rested a few players.

Darren Moore was the WBA manager at the time? I can’t remember. Changes or not though, it will still be tough and we may have to do something we have failed to do all season - win an away game at a top half side. 

3 hours ago, walkleyowl said:

Didzy ex Wednesday an all.

Given our record against you, we would probably like to win next week and hope posh win.

Shame because posh will lose fo barnsley what a shame and derby will win you lot.

4 hours ago, ram59 said:

If they read some of the posts on here saying that we've got no chance in the play offs, then surely they'd want to play us in the play offs.

Tactically, the 2 managers are in  a difficult position, Warne needs a result and will have to put his cards on the table risking showing his hand before the play offs. Moore, on the other hand, doesn't need a result and has to decide whether to go for it and risk showing his hand.

I remember us comfortably beating Billy Davies' Preston in the final game of one season, only for them to beat us in the play off semis shortly after.

I don't think Warne is in a difficult position, he is very limited in the choices he can make. Aside from the fact that we can't rely on favours from Barnsley and have to go for the win, there is no risk or jeopardy in revealing his hand because realistically there is only one hand to reveal. Apart from rotating a couple of players between the first 11 and bench our match day squad virtually picks itself. Our difficulties have been well documented and everyone including  Darren Moore knows that. Having said that I'm confident we can make the playoffs and beat them over 2 legs, if we're on it we're good enough on our day.

4 minutes ago, Diego said:

?? Every chance it’ll be on Sky. 

Currently not listed as being live on Sky according to the SkySports app (one televised prem game is all that it shows at the moment) That could change of course, but currently looking like it isn’t on, perhaps it’ll be on Ramstv as it’s an away fixture not at 3pm on a Sat? 

A2CE2070-A8C8-4DA7-A780-05BC271A1D7E.jpeg

2636130C-529C-4114-8651-BF0C5463B095.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Currently not listed as being live on Sky according to the SkySports app (one televised prem game is all that it shows at the moment) That could change of course, but currently looking like it isn’t on, perhaps it’ll be on Ramstv as it’s an away fixture not at 3pm on a Sat? 

A2CE2070-A8C8-4DA7-A780-05BC271A1D7E.jpeg

2636130C-529C-4114-8651-BF0C5463B095.jpeg

Would imagine they’ll pick two games to show Sunday.

us and Wednesday, Barnsley and Peterborough the obvious ones

plymouth and Ipswich going for the title is nowhere near as interesting.

16 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Would imagine they’ll pick two games to show Sunday.

us and Wednesday, Barnsley and Peterborough the obvious ones

plymouth and Ipswich going for the title is nowhere near as interesting.

So two teams vying to be Champions against Derby playing for 6th position. I wonder what your interest would be if you weren’t a Rams fan?

Edited by i-Ram

Just now, i-Ram said:

So two teams vying to be Champions against Derby playing for 6th position. I wonder what your interest would be if you weren’t Rams fan?

Not just derby, the play off battle I think is more interesting. 

Plymouth and Ipswich both had huge celebrations yesterday, rightfully so. That to me suggests their main objective is done. Will be far more urgency from us and Peterborough next week than from those two.

If was championship, I’d rather watch the teams battling for sixth with everything on the line than two already promotors teams playing.