Sheffield Wednesday (A) Sun 7th May, 12:00 KO

9 hours ago, plymouthram said:

I know Peterboro have won more games than the Rams, but do they deserve to have a chance in the play-offs having lost a massive 17 matches. It would be a travesty if we fail on Sunday afternoon and the Posh nick it. I'm hoping we win at Wednesday, Peterboro result won't matter and Bristol Rovers beat Bolton. I fancy the Rams against Barnsley over 2 legs especially having the home game first.

So come on Derby, beat Wednesday and lets see where it takes us.

It wouldn’t be a travesty if Posh “nick” it. They would have earned the right by virtue of gaining more points, having a better goal difference or scoring more goals. As you say, they may have lost more games than the Rams but Posh fans would quite rightly point out that they have won more. The only way it would be a travesty is if someone could prove we’ve had more outrageous decisions given against us (a la Ipswich) than Posh that may have impacted the result. 

IF we end up 6th and some home manage to beat Sheffield Wednesday in the playoffs I doubt there will be many on this forum saying we didn’t deserve to get past them even though they may finish 20 points ahead of us.

I know we believe we’ve been on the wrong end of far too many poor referee decisions but I would imagine Posh fans would claim they’ve had their fair share. Anyway, let’s get the job done and hope, at 2:30 on Sunday, we’re celebrating and talking about how many tickets we’ll get for the play off second leg rather than moaning about officials (rightly or wrongly) and blaming the EFL.

Really hope the Wendies don't screw us over. They're such an odd club with an odd fanbase bordering on the delusional tbh. If they do us over the gloating will be unbearable. Think it's superfluous as I doubt Peterborough will beat Barnsley like they need to. 

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

@Tamworthram for an, eventual, 2nd leg against Wendy we'll get 2373, the same as we have for Sunday's game. No way will they give us the full 3700 currently allowed in Leppings.... when not reduced for safety reasons, as it currently is, Leppings houses 6700.

I know. I'm just anticipating the outrage if we manage to make it.

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

Really hope the Wendies don't screw us over. They're such an odd club with an odd fanbase bordering on the delusional tbh. If they do us over the gloating will be unbearable. Think it's superfluous as I doubt Peterborough will beat Barnsley like they need to. 

Horrible feeling Peterborough will win. Barnsley will rest lots of key players in prep for the PO's.

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

It wouldn’t be a travesty if Posh “nick” it. They would have earned the right by virtue of gaining more points, having a better goal difference or scoring more goals. As you say, they may have lost more games than the Rams but Posh fans would quite rightly point out that they have won more. The only way it would be a travesty is if someone could prove we’ve had more outrageous decisions given against us (a la Ipswich) than Posh that may have impacted the result. 

IF we end up 6th and some home manage to beat Sheffield Wednesday in the playoffs I doubt there will be many on this forum saying we didn’t deserve to get past them even though they may finish 20 points ahead of us.

I know we believe we’ve been on the wrong end of far too many poor referee decisions but I would imagine Posh fans would claim they’ve had their fair share. Anyway, let’s get the job done and hope, at 2:30 on Sunday, we’re celebrating and talking about how many tickets we’ll get for the play off second leg rather than moaning about officials (rightly or wrongly) and blaming the EFL.

Hell no

I rather get into the play offs this season and win it all.

I hope you seen costs admin want now.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Hell no

I rather get into the play offs this season and win it all.

I hope you seen costs admin want now.

I didn’t say I didn’t want us to make the play offs and get promoted. I hope we make it rather  than fall short on Sunday even if we end up losing in either the semi final or final. I was just saying we can’t really claim it was a travesty if Posh get there instead of us.

I got the impression that the administrators claim for extra money will have no impact on the club (I really have no idea how it works. If it just adds more to the list of unsecured creditors and therefore dilutes the amount they will receive then I don’t know why they would agree to it) and if so, is irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I didn’t say I didn’t want us to make the play offs and get promoted. I hope we make it rather  than fall short on Sunday even if we end up losing in either the semi final or final. I was just saying we can’t really claim it was a travesty if Posh get there instead of us.

I got the impression that the administrators claim for extra money will have no impact on the club (I really have no idea how it works. If it just adds more to the list of unsecured creditors and therefore dilutes the amount they will receive then I don’t know why they would agree to it) and if so, is irrelevant.

We have been in them all season long so sorry I dont want pip us to the post now.

15 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

We have been in them all season long so sorry I dont want pip us to the post now.

Well, we haven’t actually but even if we had, it’s where you finish after all games have been played that matters. Even so, you’re missing my point. I don’t want us to be pipped either but we can’t claim a travesty if we are.

46 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Horrible feeling Peterborough will win. Barnsley will rest lots of key players in prep for the PO's.

Think Barnsley rested a few last weekend and found themselves down 4-1 to MK Dons they did turn it round though once the cavalry came on in second half

Dont expect Sheff W to do us any favors i think they will look at knocking us out as they would prefer Peterborough over two legs than ourselves 

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Reading comments from other fans of League One clubs, it seems there are similar complaints & accusations of bias. My theory is that isn't necessarily an anti-Derby conspiracy but is a 'big club' bias. Thinking it through logically, referees in League One want to referee in Premier League or international games & they way they'll do that is by impressing the PGMOL observer. What better way to do that than giving a penalty against Derby in front of 30k at Pride Park or sending a Wednesday player off in front of 20k at Hillsborough? It shows they are adept at dealing with hostile crowds/situations & deserving of higher profile fixtures.

2 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I think they're a decent club overall but they do have an element of their fanbase that ape Leeds Utd - 'we're massive', 'we thought up every song going', 'we're dead important'. Reality is they have spent far too many of the last 40 odd years in the third tier to consider themselves a big club & their home support is tepid at best. Sure, they can turn up for a promotion decider/one-off big game but even when doing well, they're not that well backed at Hillsborough. Admittedly a few years ago (96/97?) but always remember them playing at home one Monday night with a chance to go top of the Premiership & less than 18k were there.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

36 minutes ago, walkleyowl said:

You'll get 2k

I don’t doubt it and, whilst it may seem a tad petty, if that is the case I’d like to see Derby limiting Sheffield Wednesday sales to a similar number for “safety reasons”. It may cost the club a few quid but any income from reaching the playoffs is a bonus.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t doubt it and, whilst it may seem a tad petty, if that is the case I’d like to see Derby limiting Sheffield Wednesday sales to a similar number for “safety reasons”. It may cost the club a few quid but any income from reaching the playoffs is a bonus.

It is a case of the clubs agreeing well in advance, MK did it to Wycombe last season, if it allows clubs to get more of their home fans in then who can really complain.

34 minutes ago, walkleyowl said:

It is a case of the clubs agreeing well in advance, MK did it to Wycombe last season, if it allows clubs to get more of their home fans in then who can really complain.

How can the clubs agree well in advance if they don’t know who’s playing. 
MK did it as retaliation, they never ever fill their ground .

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Didn’t Barnsley rest players last weekend. I can’t see them resting players two weeks on the trot. 
They could have tested them last week and then full team back in for last game to get them back up to speed. 

They could be resting different players this week.