Sheffield Wednesday (A) Sun 7th May, 12:00 KO

34 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Shall we just beat sheff Wednesday on Sunday whilst Bolton lose to Bristol rovers and Peterborough lose to Barnsley then we can play Barnsley and they can give us over 6000 tickets like always 

You had under 5k this season 

8 hours ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Horrible feeling Peterborough will win. Barnsley will rest lots of key players in prep for the PO's.

And we missed a golden opportunity to win last weekend and to have secured our place. When the chips were down we failed. After that, I'm dubious we'll get anything on Saturday with the pressure on again, so I do think we will likely have to rely on Peterborough not winning.

34 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

And we missed a golden opportunity to win last weekend and to have secured our place. When the chips were down we failed. After that, I'm dubious we'll get anything on Saturday with the pressure on again, so I do think we will likely have to rely on Peterborough not winning.

No ones getting anything Saturday! 
Gary Oldman Boss GIF by Apple TV+

22 hours ago, plymouthram said:

I know Peterboro have won more games than the Rams, but do they deserve to have a chance in the play-offs having lost a massive 17 matches. It would be a travesty if we fail on Sunday afternoon and the Posh nick it. I'm hoping we win at Wednesday, Peterboro result won't matter and Bristol Rovers beat Bolton. I fancy the Rams against Barnsley over 2 legs especially having the home game first.

So come on Derby, beat Wednesday and lets see where it takes us.

I struggle to share your taste for facing Barnsley - I went to the away match, and we were absolutely no match for them. But we played them off the park a few weeks earlier in a cup match, so who knows? Certainly not me!

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

I struggle to share your taste for facing Barnsley - I went to the away match, and we were absolutely no match for them. But we played them off the park a few weeks earlier in a cup match, so who knows? Certainly not me!

Good stats to look at: One with Derby in the play-offs and one with Peterboro. Interesting to see we currently have lost the least, unless we lose at Wednesday, then its all square. Peterboro record is pants  having lost 4, lets hope it stays that way.

image.png.06b7385c410b5190838fc93efc7c3c5a.png

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

That's the spirit. 

10 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Reading comments from other fans of League One clubs, it seems there are similar complaints & accusations of bias. My theory is that isn't necessarily an anti-Derby conspiracy but is a 'big club' bias. Thinking it through logically, referees in League One want to referee in Premier League or international games & they way they'll do that is by impressing the PGMOL observer. What better way to do that than giving a penalty against Derby in front of 30k at Pride Park or sending a Wednesday player off in front of 20k at Hillsborough? It shows they are adept at dealing with hostile crowds/situations & deserving of higher profile fixtures.

I think they're a decent club overall but they do have an element of their fanbase that ape Leeds Utd - 'we're massive', 'we thought up every song going', 'we're dead important'. Reality is they have spent far too many of the last 40 odd years in the third tier to consider themselves a big club & their home support is tepid at best. Sure, they can turn up for a promotion decider/one-off big game but even when doing well, they're not that well backed at Hillsborough. Admittedly a few years ago (96/97?) but always remember them playing at home one Monday night with a chance to go top of the Premiership & less than 18k were there.

Average Attendance

1Derby County27,259

2Ipswich Town26,184

3Sheffield Wednesday25,013

Not too shabby this season though

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ah right!  Got yer now.  👍

It's just that you quoted me answering a specific question relating specifically to us getting a draw, then started talking about something completely unrelat... Oh never mind... Up The Rams, and all that!

Ooh look... a sheep...

fbb1686b512a565aa3340670aa2fee2d.gif

"Time for bed" said Zebedee

19 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

What better way to do that than giving a penalty against Derby in front of 30k at Pride Park or sending a Wednesday player off in front of 20k at Hillsborough

I think the committees that decide whether a ref gets ‘promoted’ look at hard decisions made by that ref and - if the ref has cocked up - this counts against the ref. So it’s the opposite to what you say. 

There is certainly bias at play: the confirmation bias of the fans. And there is not a spectator in the land who does not react more strongly to bad decisions against,  rather than bad decisions in favour 

20 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Reading comments from other fans of League One clubs, it seems there are similar complaints & accusations of bias. My theory is that isn't necessarily an anti-Derby conspiracy but is a 'big club' bias. Thinking it through logically, referees in League One want to referee in Premier League or international games & they way they'll do that is by impressing the PGMOL observer. What better way to do that than giving a penalty against Derby in front of 30k at Pride Park or sending a Wednesday player off in front of 20k at Hillsborough? It shows they are adept at dealing with hostile crowds/situations & deserving of higher profile fixtures.

I think they're a decent club overall but they do have an element of their fanbase that ape Leeds Utd - 'we're massive', 'we thought up every song going', 'we're dead important'. Reality is they have spent far too many of the last 40 odd years in the third tier to consider themselves a big club & their home support is tepid at best. Sure, they can turn up for a promotion decider/one-off big game but even when doing well, they're not that well backed at Hillsborough. Admittedly a few years ago (96/97?) but always remember them playing at home one Monday night with a chance to go top of the Premiership & less than 18k were there.

Sorry, but I have to call this out. As a referee and someone who knows how observers work, nothing could be further from the truth. They are judged on getting the decisions right, nothing more. The size of crowd, hostility etc has nothing whatsoever to do with it. Give an incorrect penalty "against Derby in front of 30k at Pride Park or sending a Wednesday player off in front of 20k at Hillsborough" and you'll be marked down, simple as that. 

There's only one way to show how adept they at "dealing with hostile crowds/situations & deserving of higher profile fixtures", and that's managing the players, managing the game and getting the decisions correct. Nothing more. I know your opinion feeds into the ridiculous conspiracy that someone everyone is against us, but I'm afraid it's just incorrect. 

40 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Sorry, but I have to call this out. As a referee and someone who knows how observers work, nothing could be further from the truth. They are judged on getting the decisions right, nothing more. The size of crowd, hostility etc has nothing whatsoever to do with it. Give an incorrect penalty "against Derby in front of 30k at Pride Park or sending a Wednesday player off in front of 20k at Hillsborough" and you'll be marked down, simple as that. 

There's only one way to show how adept they at "dealing with hostile crowds/situations & deserving of higher profile fixtures", and that's managing the players, managing the game and getting the decisions correct. Nothing more. I know your opinion feeds into the ridiculous conspiracy that someone everyone is against us, but I'm afraid it's just incorrect. 

I think there is a case to be made for referees in the back of their heads to maybe inculcate an 'anti-big club' bias at this level, even if it is inadvertent. I can certainly imagine a situation where a referee thinks, 'I'm not going to be pressured by a big belligerent crowd', and then turns away perfectly good penalty decisions or gives one the opposite way. I think that kind of dynamic is possible because, quite frankly, after some of the performances I've seen this season from officials, it's either that or they're absolutely terrible at their jobs.