Exeter City (A) Tues 18th April

I've been looking forward to this game all season. About exeter - 

Sam nombe is a unit and rapid. Need to protect the centre backs or he'll have them on toast. Jay Stansfield has played Premier league this season for Fulham and is superb, he's quick and young and exuberant, the crowd love him and he plays for the shirt as his dad was an exeter hero who died young at 32, the new stand is named after him. Need to keep him at bay as he's got a knack of having RB's doing circles. Dimitri Mitchell is your tricky winger, ex man utd youth, good player, same can be said for josh key on the other wing. 

They'll play 5-2-1-2,their weak link is defense, set up to contain their attack and catch them out with a mistake as they have it in them and it'll be 3 points Derby. Pierce sweeney has been there for donkeys years and hartridge is their keogh(but he has lovely hair), but will aimson signed from Bolton and he looks pretty solid. 

Don't under estimate them, they're in dream land this season and there is huge feel good around the club at the moment. A draw will be a good result

Edited by bimmerman
Added about Adam stansfield

42 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Warne will play with wing backs, so that's what I've gone with too. Mendez-Laing needs resting for a few games, which leaves Barkhuizen as next best.

But Barks has said himself that he can’t play there and he can’t 🤔 So is this your team or the team you think he will pick?

I'm going to this one, tied it in with work commitments to make my way down for it. I'm yet to see a win this season away from home, the lad I'm going with has seen only losses. Bet on Exeter now and get yourselves some money on our inevitable misery. 

Exeter are a significantly better side than Bristol Rovers so feel like this might be a tough for us in our current state. We've won two out of our last nine games, against the two worst sides in the league in that time, so that tells me that anyone who isn't completely devoid of confidence is more than a match for us. Exeter are playing with a confidence, free of any pressure, so I fully expect us to follow the recent script. Start well, get on top, maybe score, maybe not, struggle after half-time and lose - or if we're really lucky get a draw. 

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Guys, there’s no point embarking on the four hour drive.

We’re getting absolutely tonked. It could be double figures.

Warne will be sacked at the final whistle.

Millennium Ram will name his first child Nombe.

You heard it here first.

Mate, Nombe is a hunk of a man though. He's almost as beautiful as Colin Kazim-Richards 

13 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Guys, there’s no point embarking on the four hour drive.

We’re getting absolutely tonked. It could be double figures.

Warne will be sacked at the final whistle.

Millennium Ram will name his first child Nombe.

You heard it here first.

Don’t… you’re getting my hopes up 

Wildsmith

Smith        Forsyth         Cashin         Roberts

Bird

Hourihane           Knight

Mendez Laing    Mcgoldrick    Barkheuizen 

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Wildsmith   

Rooney   Foz     Cash

Knight     Bird     Hourihane  Roberts 

Sibley

McG     Barks

Three points…….Ta very much!

Warne can thank me later.

This line up has a decent chance.  But Hourihane needs a rest as much as NML. Why not White ? 

54 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

This line up has a decent chance.  But Hourihane needs a rest as much as NML. Why not White ? 

To much of liability when defending to put him in that deeper midfield position for me

I’d replace Hourihane with Smith and White would replace Sibley or even McG when we need fresh legs higher up the pitch from 65 mins on.

Much prefer White in a more advanced position where his passing and vision can do some damage/ help us retain the ball and he doesn’t have much defensive responsibility.

Edited by Ramarena

2 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Wildsmith   

Rooney   Foz     Cash

Knight     Bird     Hourihane  Roberts 

Sibley

McG     Barks

Three points…….Ta very much!

Warne can thank me later.

I like that formation but I would make one little change just idea I came up with were selby is MCG is selby upfront. Why I suggest this is because it might throw players off and leave gaps were mcg to expolite perhaps. And maybe let mcg feed selby and barks try find goals to kill teams and let mcg fire in free kicks if close range to goal.

14 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

To much of liability when defending to put him in that deeper midfield position for me

I’d replace Hourihane with Smith and White would replace Sibley or even McG when we need fresh legs higher up the pitch from 65 mins on.

Much prefer White in a more advanced position where his passing and vision can do some damage/ help us retain the ball and he doesn’t have much defensive responsibility.

I dont like white he gives ball away to cheaply and lose position for my likeing 

If we insist on wing backs then.....

Wildsmith

Rooney   Forsyth   Cashin

Knight                                          Roberts

Smith     Bird    Hourihane

Sibley

McGoldrick

(McGee, Davies, NML, Barkhuizen, Dobbin, Springett, U21 striker)

If not then.....

Wildsmith

Knight        Forsyth       Cashin       Roberts

Rooney         Bird

NML               Sibley          Barkhuizen

McGoldrick

(McGee, Davies, Smith, Hourihane, Dobbin, Springett, U21 striker)

Quite happy to leave White out of the 18 and promote whoever is the most promising U21 striker to replace the hapless Collins. If the most promising U21 striker is unavailable then the second most promising U21 striker can be included. If neither are available then give Collins a shout. Joan preferably, or failing that, Phil. 

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'm going to this one, tied it in with work commitments to make my way down for it. I'm yet to see a win this season away from home, the lad I'm going with has seen only losses. Bet on Exeter now and get yourselves some money on our inevitable misery. 

Exeter are a significantly better side than Bristol Rovers so feel like this might be a tough for us in our current state. We've won two out of our last nine games, against the two worst sides in the league in that time, so that tells me that anyone who isn't completely devoid of confidence is more than a match for us. Exeter are playing with a confidence, free of any pressure, so I fully expect us to follow the recent script. Start well, get on top, maybe score, maybe not, struggle after half-time and lose - or if we're really lucky get a draw. 

Let’s not make Exeter out to be Real Madrid. They have lost their last 3 games , all to top 6 teams , what will their confidence be like? Burton on Saturday will be their cup final so we have to get something tomorrow.

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I like that formation but I would make one little change just idea I came up with were selby is MCG is selby upfront. Why I suggest this is because it might throw players off and leave gaps were mcg to expolite perhaps. And maybe let mcg feed selby and barks try find goals to kill teams and let mcg fire in free kicks if close range to goal.

Selby unavailable mate, got a match at the Crucible 😁

12 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Absolutely salute anyone going to this one by the way. All that way on a Tuesday night to watch the inevitable second half collapse. Heroic effort by anyone doing it

Quite a few of us have just stayed down here! We've been scattered across the south-west. Bristol, Bath, Exeter, Paignton - that's us lowering the tone at the end!

43 minutes ago, angieram said:

Quite a few of us have just stayed down here! We've been scattered across the south-west. Bristol, Bath, Exeter, Paignton - that's us lowering the tone at the end!

Oym still in Brizzle, heading off to Exeter this morning via Cheddar Gorge and possibly Weston - Super- Mare.

36 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Oym still in Brizzle, heading off to Exeter this morning via Cheddar Gorge and possibly Weston - Super- Mare.

I quite like Weston-super-Mare! We're off to meet Julie, Annette and Nigel in Dawlish today.

I do Paignton an injustice, this is the morning view from our room. I got sunburnt yesterday! 😅 

20230415_094325.jpg