Exeter City (A) Tues 18th April

You won’t be treated like animals by us, we’re just grateful to be playing clubs like Derby. We’re used to Barnet, Hartlepool, Rochdale, etc so are still rubbing our eyes in disbelief when clubs bring more than 200 fans. But we also rub our eyes in disbelief when we see aeroplanes, so it’s not that big a compliment.

Anyway, enjoy your day out!

Wildsmith

Rooney.      Forsyth.   Roberts 

Smith.        Bird

knight.                                      Sibley

mendez Lang.                           Barks

Mcgoldrick

51 minutes ago, Sheepdog said:

Thanks for the heads up - sounds from this thread we’re better off sticking to some of the pubs mentioned on here then. Bowling Green sounds ok, but we could do without the stress of a mega busy pub 

The Bowling Green will be rammed (see what I did there?) as will the St Anne’s Well, which is your designated pub.

Either go into town, or go to Henry’s Bar (short walk from the ground, on the same road as the Bowling Green but further up away from town) or go to the fanzone at the ground. Home and away fans mix well there and there’s lots of outside space, although the bar itself will be busy. There’s also a Farm Shop hog roast and other food available.

Personally, I’ll be going to the quayside first, then the fanzone. But you won’t struggle to find somewhere to have a decent pint and a friendly natter with the locals.

Edited by fred binneys head

You guys need a win tonight, no less because although having tough games themselves if Posh or Wanderers get anything from their games it’s going to be a tough ask for you with only 3 games left. The win for Wanderers at Oxford on Saturday was a big plus given yours and other results but it could completely reverse tonight if you and Posh deliver. I really don’t fancy our chances tonight at Burton without our key central defenders, we know they’ll just throw everything into our box but we held out at Exeter, Oxford and almost against Cambridge so hopefully we will tonight. PW sounded a little down in his pre match talk and as if there might be a little unrest in the camp with some players which can’t help so maybe you might need a rebuild in the summer, get his own players in and go again?

Edited by Warren Blufitt

1 hour ago, Cockney ram said:

Wildsmith

Smith.        Bird

Mcgoldrick

something like this makes sense.

If it’s to be 3 central defenders then Knight and Sibley as wing backs makes more sense.

Mendez-Laing & Barkhuizen operating as wing backs really is “one step beyond”

21 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

something like this makes sense.

If it’s to be 3 central defenders then Knight and Sibley as wing backs makes more sense.

Mendez-Laing & Barkhuizen operating as wing backs really is “one step beyond”

One step beyond, or “a bodge too far”.

3 hours ago, Cockney ram said:

Wildsmith

Smith.        Bird

Mcgoldrick

No offence intended or anything mate (and I could have easily picked a number of other posts like this, but yours was just the most recent...), but what are you actually expecting to happen on the pitch? What's the game-plan with a system like this? 

I suspect that the reason Warne likes 352 is it gives him 3 runners in the middle of the pitch, while still having 2 strikers up top to lump crosses at.  Your system has neither of those things.  We'll struggle to play through midfield as Bird and Smith are probably going to be outnumbered in there as a 2, McGoldrick will wander looking for the ball (because that's what he always does) so there's no focal point up front to play off, and then you've got 4 attacking wide players crossing to nobody in the box.

4 hours ago, fred binneys head said:

You won’t be treated like animals by us, we’re just grateful to be playing clubs like Derby. We’re used to Barnet, Hartlepool, Rochdale, etc so are still rubbing our eyes in disbelief when clubs bring more than 200 fans. But we also rub our eyes in disbelief when we see aeroplanes, so it’s not that big a compliment.

Anyway, enjoy your day out!

Holy crap, I'm travelling to Malaga from Exeter in June. Any clue what I'll be boarding? A goat maybe?

I like this formation. It just looks happy too.

Wildsmith                       Rooney     

Forsyth 

Mendez-Lang

Roberts                                                   Smith

Smith                                                Roberts

Bird.                                    Sibley

knight                    Barks       

Mcgoldrick

Edited by Bob The Badger

21 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

No offence intended or anything mate (and I could have easily picked a number of other posts like this, but yours was just the most recent...), but what are you actually expecting to happen on the pitch? What's the game-plan with a system like this? 

I suspect that the reason Warne likes 352 is it gives him 3 runners in the middle of the pitch, while still having 2 strikers up top to lump crosses at.  Your system has neither of those things.  We'll struggle to play through midfield as Bird and Smith are probably going to be outnumbered in there as a 2, McGoldrick will wander looking for the ball (because that's what he always does) so there's no focal point up front to play off, and then you've got 4 attacking wide players crossing to nobody in the box.

No offence intended or anything mate but what are you expecting to happen by using reason and logic in a football forum?

Knight and Sisley to act as wing backs or invert  to support mcgoldrck.

mendez lang and barks to stay wide or get in box when ball is coming from opposite wing to support mcglodrick .

smith and bird to hold as we’re away from home. 
strong bench .Cashin Davies white dobbin Collins.