Exeter City (A) Tues 18th April

17 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Exeter also has an interesting set of independent cafes for anyone who arrives mid-afternoon.

Zuki’s is an Italian-Turkish cafe with good coffee and interesting treats. The Exploding Bakery is also highly rated. Both are near Central Station. Chococo on Gandy St is fun if you have a sweet tooth. 

The Tiny Tasting Room near the Ship Inn is quite nice to stumble upon. Eat on the Green has a prime location right opposite the Cathedral but also the prices to match.

My personal favourite is Grow Coffee House on South St. It has a nice outdoor terrace if the weather’s dry. It’s a good stop off too if you are either coming back or heading towards the Quay.

thanks for the heads up Jourdan , not long arrived in Exeter , just having a couple of pints sitting outside the Prospect, some of these places you have recommended sound mouthwatering

16 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Excellent, B4. I hope you and your dad have a great evening.

I used to work in the very centre of Exeter at a language school on Queen St, so I know it fairly well.

But funnily enough I never thought to go to the ground before now. I’d only ever ventured up that way in search of a barber, not food.

What time is your coach getting in?

If it’s 5:30 or before, you should have enough time to take a walk and get a quick bite to eat in the centre. There’ll be plenty of chain restaurants open. Rosa’s Thai in the Guildhall Centre is the newest one.

If it’s 6 or later, go with @bimmerman’s suggestions of staying nearby the stadium and exploring the options on Sidwell St and in the fanzone.

It will be around that maybe a tad earlier.