Referees

Seaside Ram

On 03/11/2023 at 14:51, ossieram said:

but rushing people through before they are ready results in people like Atwell. 

No problem fast tracking officials with potential to the PL, now that the finely tuned unambiguous VAR is performing so well and catching any officiating mishaps ....... oh hang on 

On 03/11/2023 at 13:51, ossieram said:

It's a tick box exercise. 

I'm not saying she isn't good enough and won't go on to have a great career,  but rushing people through before they are ready results in people like Atwell. 

Watched a bit of the Newcastle - Arsenal match, Pished mesen laughing when i heard that Bobby Madley was on VAR while Atwell was performing on the pitch.

What a pair of complete and utter merchant bankers. Both should have been relegated to the Uttoxeter and District League years ago. Even then they'd be useless.

2 hours ago, MadAmster said:

the first one he disallowed or the second one?

The assessors report after the game reportedly said...I asked Stewart why he disallowed both the goals after showing him on the TV, He looked and didn't have an answer...never liked him since, A product of the George Courtney school of school masters 😡 

1 minute ago, The Last Post said:

The assessors report after the game reportedly said...I asked Stewart why he disallowed both the goals after showing him on the TV, He looked and didn't have an answer...never liked him since, A product of the George Courtney school of school masters 😡 

There's an interview with Miles Addison where he says that every time he's seen him since, Attwell has apologised to him personally for that game... 

https://www.facebook.com/ramsreviewpod/videos/ive-seen-stuart-atwell-a-few-timesan-he-apologizes-every-timemiles-addison-talks/298203271959982/?locale=ms_MY

53 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

There's an interview with Miles Addison where he says that every time he's seen him since, Attwell has apologised to him personally for that game... 

https://www.facebook.com/ramsreviewpod/videos/ive-seen-stuart-atwell-a-few-timesan-he-apologizes-every-timemiles-addison-talks/298203271959982/?locale=ms_MY

Walking back to town after...we were all gob smacked, You can guess what the topic was all night in the pub crazy cuckoo GIF

16 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Attwell. Indeed, couldn't say why he'd disallowed either of them. Still fast tracked up the refereeing ladder...

Also for @hintonsboots

Edited by MadAmster

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

The Referee today was absolutely useless. No control, making all about themselves. Hadn't got a bloody clue. 2/10 

Rubbish.

She got every major call right.

Warne had no arguments with the bookings or penalty.

She could have been tougher on their time wasting and general shithousery, but every booking was correct, as was the penalty.Hourihane could have had a red.

1 minute ago, dilkie said:

As Taylor was being subbed, she told him to go the shortest way, he ignored her and did as he pleased. She was an absolute joke and if that is the acceptable level of referring in this woke world, then God help the professional men’s game. 

Got literally nothing to do with her being a female. She had refereed us before today and was one of the best we’ve had. No excuse for her poor display today, there’s no sugar coating that, but her gender is irrelevant. 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Got literally nothing to do with her being a female. She had refereed us before today and was one of the best we’ve had. No excuse for her poor display today, there’s no sugar coating that, but her gender is irrelevant. 

Yes, it was the little things she was inconsistent on today, for example their right back was stealing 7 yards at every throw in first half (I was counting) and she never spoke to him at all. Fozzy was told to move back on his first throw.

Didn't like the way their defenders were holding and climbing over Collins but she didn't give one foul for that, yet gave some cheap free kicks at the other end.

Started the bookings really early, not sure Sibs knew the whistle had gone (I didn't hear it either).

Set herself up for a yellow card for every offence, yet didn't book that bad foul on Collins.

25 minutes ago, dilkie said:

As Taylor was being subbed, she told him to go the shortest way, he ignored her and did as he pleased. She was an absolute joke and if that is the acceptable level of referring in this woke world, then God help the professional men’s game. 

He didn't just ignore her, he physically brushed her aside as he headed towards the dugout.

39 minutes ago, Srg said:

Got literally nothing to do with her being a female. She had refereed us before today and was one of the best we’ve had. No excuse for her poor display today, there’s no sugar coating that, but her gender is irrelevant

It's how they apply the laws of the game, All officials have passed their exams, All officials will go through refresher courses, And all officials will make mistakes.

As a player you try to influence them asap, A gentle ooops when there's a bad call, A well done when they've made a good call...this goes along way in the decision making for your side.

Strength of character will decide how far Rebecca Welch goes...her 1st PL game will be an education I bet 😉

Don't think it was her best game, but Wycombe were stealing an inch everywhere they could today from minute one and she fell for it every time first half.

I did feel like early second half it was a bit "boy who cried wolf" because it didn't wash with her after a while. It was perfect in fact for the only natural defensive midfielder we have in Fornah. He managed to get physical early second half and the referee gave them nothing.

That said, their discipline did not improve and she failed to stamp down on it.

The really upsetting thing is that I'm pretty sure we're going to be hearing from Joey Barton shortly. That's worse than anything else

55 minutes ago, sage said:

Rubbish.

She got every major call right.

Warne had no arguments with the bookings or penalty.

She could have been tougher on their time wasting and general shithousery, but every booking was correct, as was the penalty.Hourihane could have had a red.

I would agree with this post, watching live I was certain she was going to reach for the red card when Hourihane had a heavy touch and slid in trying to redeem himself. On another point , do we train with footballs that have higher air pressure as we can’t control the match balls at all.