Peterborough United vs Derby County

cannable

52 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

With there being no Premier League or Championship games, we've been the main focus on Radio Five Live so far. An interview with Curtis and whether Warne can continue his promotion track record. Sounds as if we're the main commentary game.

Sky going mental this weekend about the WSL. Funny how all their “Local Derby’s “ have dropped this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Looks alright to me, although I say that not really knowing too much about Boro’s playing style, and therefore whether we might be a little lightweight in midfield.  Hopefully we try passing it around through middle, rather than bypassing it, otherwise White and Hourihane could be periphery figures. We need a good game from McGoldrick, and hopefully today of all days Dobbin puts any decent chance away.    COYR!!

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Because White's done so much to merit a recall to the starting lineup? Surprised.

This looks to me like a team that's hoping to keep it tight and go for the 0-0. Maybe that's Warne's experience at achieving promotion coming into play? If we concede we're not exactly brimming with a goal threat of our own. 

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Looks like a team that’s going to frustrate the fans today with nobody getting into the box. Three centre mids who all like to sit.

Whatever side we put out frustrates a portion of the fans. Some won’t like the 3 sitting midfielders, some bemoan Collins, some bemoan Dobbin, some want Sibley as a 10 etc. What matters is they collectively put on a performance to win or at the very least avoid defeat. 

Bit of a stronger looking team that. Still a couple of issues I’ve got though. Not sure why he seems so against starting Barkhuizen, he gives us much more control in possession up front - and Dobbin tends to have more impact off the Bench anyway.

Also, that midfield looks very defensive. Understand we don’t have many options, but Sibley really should be in 10.