cannable

On 22/03/2023 at 15:51, YorkshireRam said:

Slightly rogue XI to shake things up:

Wildsmith

Chester    Cashin     Forsyth
    Knight                                                         Roberts
                  Smith           Bird       Hourihane

McGoldrick  Dobbin

Warne's preferred 5 at the back, but attacking wing-backs. We've rarely dominated in midfield in the second half of this season so maybe a 3 would help. Dobbin and Didzy with free roles to drift as neither are traditional 'play off the shoulder of the last man' strikers?

Aren't Knight and Cashin on international duty ?

I would very much take a draw today. Keep the distance between us and them and one less game to go. A win would be amazing but we haven’t shown the capability to win a tough away game all season.

A clean sheet would also be nice, we have a much better chance if  we can return to the defensive form of a few months ago.

I would pick Wildsmith, Smith, Forsyth, Cashin, Roberts, Bird, Hourihane, Sibley, Mendez-Laing, McGoldrick, Dobbin.

If this team could keep a clean sheet I think there might be a goal in it.

I fear a first 11 containing Collins though and a defeat. I hope I’m wrong!

56 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

This I would say is our biggest game of the season. We need to get something from this match.

Absolutely.

If we lose our game in hand over Bolton will have gone and Peterborough will only be a point behind. Our goal difference advantage over them will also have been cut to just 4 at best.

On the other hand, a win extends the gap to 7 points (and the same over Wycombe if Charlton do us a favour). Closing a 7 point gap with only 8 games remaining is a big ask.

I’d take a draw provided Wycombe don’t win.

COYR

This will be our first match on the new server, I do not expect us to have any issues, if we do though, please use the Forum Issues topic in the Jim Smith Room.

I won't be online today, out for a birthday so moaning away in here on page 20 of 45 will not be seen.

I have email notifications on for the Forum Issues topic so will be alerted immediately and can respond.

29 minutes ago, Warren Blufitt said:

Definitely need to get something today as Posh seem to have the easiest run in with only really Ipswich of any note. Don’t fancy Wycombe to get top six so I think it’s two from Rams, Trotters and Posh. 

I think we need at least two draws this week and next to stay confident. Two defeats are only two points less but really get in everybody's heads, players and fans.