Peterborough United vs Derby County

cannable

Just now, Rampant said:

Excellent performance - the level we are capable of when we're on it. 

Yep - pretty decent with the ball and the minimum effort required to be a force at this level. I actually saw "the press" we've allegedly been doing for months!

Hoping for an equally competitive second-half from the Rams.

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

This is why I said we're set up for 0-0. We're a third division side so not very good at the final pass or cross. You can't have everything, and it's possible you might lose elsewhere on the pitch, but I think if you want to *massively* up our chance of scoring, you have to play Sibley at 10. And goals are what really, really matter.

I could see Sibley for Hourihane at some point in the second-half.

2 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Take Dobbin off he has been invisible again.

He’s playing his part like everyone else, is pressing well, is occupying their right back which is creating space for Roberts to make the most of (which he’s done a number of times this half), used his body to win a foul in our box and take pressure off when they had a set piece. Plenty more to the game of football that he is involved in and as he’s shown before he can pop up with a cross or a goal. He’s definitely not deserving of the half time hook, but once again you can’t see it 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

You're not watching the game then?

No real criticism of anyone first half. Just hope we don't have our usual second half capitulation and/or Warne and the team failing to react to the opposition stepping it up.

Yes I am watching it - he is invisible though ! Get Sibley on keep strong push McG up more.

Decent half

The players attitude is much, much better, which is largely contributing to the improved performance. 

This midfield is giving us a bit more control, but the flip side to that is we are pretty toothless, when McG drops as he often does it leaves a gaping chasm up front that no one fills.

Could definitely do with Sibleys attacking instincts with this in mind, also the wingers have to get more central when McG drops, it’s the only way we’ll get players in the box to get on the end of chances.

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

This midfield is giving us a bit more control, but the flip side to that is we are pretty toothless, when McG drops as he often does it leaves a gaping chasm up front that no one fills.

Could definitely do with Sibleys attacking instincts with this in mind, also the wingers have to get more central when McG drops, it’s the only way we’ll get players in the box to get on the end of chances.

Their back line seems a bit ropey, I think if NML and Dobbin can get closer to McG and/or run beyond him when he drops deep they’d cause them problems. Roberts and Smith can provide the width to allow them to do so. Definitely need to take those risks in the final third