Peterborough United vs Derby County

cannable

23 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

Previously the Brewery Tap and/or Wetherspoons, both near the station seem the most popular, then a beer on the Boat - The Charters I think it's called.  Not sure if apathy has set in with our support, but hopefully we will sell out the away end - looking forward to it.

Cheers

Gangway D from the terrace

Yes, Charters is the boat. The Coalheavers is probably the best traditional ale house and a shortish walk from the ground going away from town.

Can definitely recommend The Charters, top scran…………..walk the gangplank!

Real ale features heavily at Charters and the venue is a popular haunt for CAMRA members and other lovers of real ale. The bar is the largest floating real ale emporium in Great Britain, with 8 cask ales on tap doing around 500 guest ales a year. With the largest beer garden in Peterborough, its friendly staff, good atmosphere and suitable for clientele of all ages,

https://www.charters-bar.com/new-beer-burger-menu/

1 hour ago, GangwayD said:

Previously the Brewery Tap and/or Wetherspoons, both near the station seem the most popular, then a beer on the Boat - The Charters I think it's called.  Not sure if apathy has set in with our support, but hopefully we will sell out the away end - looking forward to it.

Cheers

I’m not sure that just over 100 tickets left, out of nearly 4,000, is really a sign of apathy.

30 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not sure that just over 100 tickets left, out of nearly 4,000, is really a sign of apathy.

I think there will always be 4,000 of us that love an away day. Even if half clear off at half time. The 4,000 that worry me are the ones that can’t be bothered with midweek home games. Is that Apathy?

Slightly rogue XI to shake things up:

Wildsmith

Chester    Cashin     Forsyth
    Knight                                                         Roberts
                  Smith           Bird       Hourihane

McGoldrick  Dobbin

Warne's preferred 5 at the back, but attacking wing-backs. We've rarely dominated in midfield in the second half of this season so maybe a 3 would help. Dobbin and Didzy with free roles to drift as neither are traditional 'play off the shoulder of the last man' strikers?

23 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Slightly rogue XI to shake things up:

Wildsmith

Chester    Cashin     Forsyth
    Knight                                                         Roberts
                  Smith           Bird       Hourihane

McGoldrick  Dobbin

Warne's preferred 5 at the back, but attacking wing-backs. We've rarely dominated in midfield in the second half of this season so maybe a 3 would help. Dobbin and Didzy with free roles to drift as neither are traditional 'play off the shoulder of the last man' strikers?

Knight 🤣

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

I think there will always be 4,000 of us that love an away day. Even if half clear off at half time. The 4,000 that worry me are the ones that can’t be bothered with midweek home games. Is that Apathy?

Where are you getting the 4,000 missing for mid week home games from?

Our average attendance this season is 26,811. Excluding Christmas and New Year, as far as I can see we’ve only played three midweek home games and the average for those is 24,763.

Some of the shortfall will be down to less visiting supporters (understandable for a mid week game) and some simply cannot make mid week games.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Knight 🤣

Whoops, forgot we actually have internationals in the squad after Saturday 😂 Suppose it'd have to be Smith there and White or Sibley into midfield then.

The more I think about it though, the more Knight and Roberts as wing-backs makes a lot of sense, especially as i'm not convinced Warne won't revert to a back 5 at the soonest possible opportunity

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

To clarify, it’s just my opinion of whats come across from some sections in recent weeks although I understand it stems from some disappointing performances.

Normally away days sell out in hours especially with many teams giving us very restricted numbers. 

5-6 seasons ago, away to Posh, for some reasons we were exceptionally noisy, including all the way through half time and we’re labelled the best away support they had seen for man years - I hope it will be a repeat. 

Regards

18 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

To clarify, it’s just my opinion of whats come across from some sections in recent weeks although I understand it stems from some disappointing performances.

Normally away days sell out in hours especially with many teams giving us very restricted numbers. 

5-6 seasons ago, away to Posh, for some reasons we were exceptionally noisy, including all the way through half time and we’re labelled the best away support they had seen for man years - I hope it will be a repeat. 

Regards

I was there at that game when the fans behind the goal sang throughout the half time interval.

I seem to recall the cheer leader was a little chubby and shirtless. It wasn’t you was it?😀

52 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I was there at that game when the fans behind the goal sang throughout the half time interval.

I seem to recall the cheer leader was a little chubby and shirtless. It wasn’t you was it?😀

I’m not sure what provoked us to be so noisy that day, but it was through half time and even in the Gents lads we’re still singing - it was mental - none stop 90 minutes. Maybe it was because it was the last time on a terrace, at-least at that time we certainly thought it was.  

Yeh I remember our ‘rotund’ shirtless cheer leader - think he’s featured on a you tube clip at the game - but it wasn’t me TR !!

Let’s hope we can be just as noisy on Saturday whatever the result, more like Port Vale away than Wycombe. 

We’re all Derby aren’t we !

Cheers 

15 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Whoops, forgot we actually have internationals in the squad after Saturday 😂 Suppose it'd have to be Smith there and White or Sibley into midfield then.

The more I think about it though, the more Knight and Roberts as wing-backs makes a lot of sense, especially as i'm not convinced Warne won't revert to a back 5 at the soonest possible opportunity

If peter crouch was in the squad, wing backs would make perfect sense   

14 hours ago, GangwayD said:

Regards

and it was the debut for someone called Will Hughes