Peterborough United vs Derby County

cannable

Lived in Peterborough for 4 years in the late 80s early 90s, before i saw sense and moved to the sunlit uplands of Hampshire.

Interested to hear Charters is still there....that was just opening when i left.

Last time i was in Peterborough was about 7 or 8 years ago. It looked like it hadnt had any maintenance in the city centre since i lived there..... 

31 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Lived in Peterborough for 4 years in the late 80s early 90s, before i saw sense and moved to the sunlit uplands of Hampshire.

Interested to hear Charters is still there....that was just opening when i left.

Last time i was in Peterborough was about 7 or 8 years ago. It looked like it hadnt had any maintenance in the city centre since i lived there..... 

They have built many flats along the riverbank very close to city centre in recent years, I think that's what places like this need - @TomBustler1884 would agree? 

The Draper's Arms in Cowgate Is usually the away pub I’m told, one of the founders of the software this forum uses mentioned it to me yesterday, might be common knowledge so feel free to be underwhelmed by this piece of information.

18 minutes ago, angieram said:

They have built many flats along the riverbank very close to city centre in recent years, I think that's what places like this need - @TomBustler1884 would agree? 

the history of the place is clustered around the city centre - a fine cathedral, but not many other architectural gems. The Nene is a reasonable river but its not a Derwent.

When I lived there it was basically struggling to establish its identity - large influx of people moving from other parts of the UK (mainly as old steel towns shrunk) into the "development zone" which basically meant loads of estates being built in quick time (not to a very high standard) and not really any established community.

Its had further large influxes of people in the 90s and noughties - mainly from eastern europe.

12 minutes ago, David said:

The Draper's Arms in Cowgate Is usually the away pub I’m told, one of the founders of the software this forum uses mentioned it to me yesterday, might be common knowledge so feel free to be underwhelmed by this piece of information.

Has it got a decent user interface? 

18 minutes ago, David said:

It’s not far from the railway station, it will be rammed, with a large police presence.

57 minutes ago, S75 Ram said:

Charters looks a good call for pre match drinks, large outside area with tables and benches, also a covered area in case we get a bit of rain.

Walked past it today - down here for weekend 

We are in the holiday inn. Had a few hours in Stamford on the way down.

I will be in the Charter tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

the history of the place is clustered around the city centre - a fine cathedral, but not many other architectural gems. The Nene is a reasonable river but its not a Derwent.

When I lived there it was basically struggling to establish its identity - large influx of people moving from other parts of the UK (mainly as old steel towns shrunk) into the "development zone" which basically meant loads of estates being built in quick time (not to a very high standard) and not really any established community.

Its had further large influxes of people in the 90s and noughties - mainly from eastern europe.

The only place where the home fans sing “Peterborough’s a s***hole, I wanna go home” 😂