Fleetwood Home Sat 18th March 3.00pm

hintonsboots

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Surprise surprise?

Just before Wycombe away we had won six in a row and were 15 unbeaten.

Just before Wycombe away, the same XI had beaten Morecambe 5-0.

But OK, clearly you know better than the manager.

I think you are being very harsh on Warne and the players.

So we beat Morecambe 5-0 at home. It's been the suspicion for some time we are flat track bullies. So we then play 4-2 4 against Wycombe away, with two midfielders at full back. And get overrun in midfield. Because Wycombe are not Morecambe. 

Just now, PistoldPete said:

So we beat Morecambe 5-0 at home. It's been the suspicion for some time we are flat track bullies. So we then play 4-2 4 against Wycombe away, with two midfielders at full back. And get overrun in midfield. Because Wycombe are not Morecambe. 

What would you have done differently?

Bear in mind, we have played midfielders at full back because we have lacked natural full backs of a necessary standard and have been stretched by injuries.

Bear in mind, we played a midfield two of Knight and Hourihane because we have limited options and are restricted in who we can sign. Bird was injured and the other options were White and Sibley, who are young and inexperienced in this position and would not have helped us in a physical battle.

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

You see Warne is dammed if he does, damned if he doesn’t.

Let’s say he had gone 3-5-2 and we lose 1-0 or draw 0-0. People would have said he’s too negative and too cautious.

Again, I think you are being harsh.

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

Let’s look at it from the other direction: the majority of these players are heading towards millionaire status, or are already there, and it seems regardless of performance. The vast majority of supporters spend a sizeable chunk of their hard-earned income to go to the matches, knowing that if they underperform to the degree our players and the coaching staff, even half as regularly they would be out of a job.

I believe they have every right to voice their dissatisfaction, especially having seen what these players are capable of, and that the diminishing performances are not a one-off bad day at the office, but have become a regular feature.

When all is said and done the fans are customers who ate buying a product. When that product isn’t good enough and is not up to standard, …………….

Like i said, maybe i'm to soft and think if it was someone in my family on the pitch getting booed i would feel awful, but each to their own at the end of the day.

11 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Like i said, maybe i'm to soft and think if it was someone in my family on the pitch getting booed i would feel awful, but each to their own at the end of the day.

I totally agree. Been following the ? for over 50 years and never booed a Rams player or Manager. I don’t see how that would help when things aren’t going well ?

3 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Will give them the benefit of the doubt today as they are both returning from injury but we can't pretend we've not seen this rodeo before. Second to every ball. No control in midfield at all. 

Cashin I don't mind as much, especially when you think it's his first full season. No denying he's had a rough month compared to his other performances over the season but very immature in his development. Compared to Bird and Knight on their fourth full season.... 

yeah fair point on cashin. A bit like the team is just a bit concerning how seem to be heading backwards.

38 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Never booed DCFC and I aint going to start it at my age, If I don't like it I'll leave the ground, Understand why fans do It it's a way of showing their displeasure/disgust at those on the pitch.

We pay our money players either accept or not, Improve your game and you'll get the accolades...simples. 

I usually sulk for a day or two after losing, not being able to find positives when it’s just all gone wrong as it did today, I kind of find a quiet corner to lick wounds. 

Oddly I don’t feel so bad. You get games like this. No manager or team is perfect and .. there are 11 players on the opposing side that have every right to stand up for themselves 

Right then. Back line selection didn’t work. Curtis, knight of a player he is, was rusty as hell and I think the legs might have gone. Smithy made more errors in the first 30 minutes than he’s made all season. It got scrappy, hoof ball, head tennis, no retention of possession, no cutting edge, I’ve been a Collins supporter but wherever his poachers instinct came from in times past, it’s gone the same way as his touch, pace and energy - vanished in to the ether. Honest he maybe but he was adrift for so much of the game it was painful. NML wasn’t much better. Horrible first half especially as in the first 5/10 mins it looked like Fleetwood had little to offer. Second half … tried a bit harder changes to shape and people / positions helped but we didn’t do more than match them.

Fleetwood on the other hand deserved their win. It wasn’t all rough tough stuff, even though they are big hairy sods. they played some good football at times. 
I wanted to hate their No 9 .. he was an ugly beast, a bully and no sportsman. Yet if he’d been ours we’d be saying he was a battler who made life difficult and did his job.

Ref did well. Fussy about throw ins, but I’m glad he was .. it’s a 90  minute Pee take robbing 10/15 yards as a minimum so well done him for applying the laws. He missed a couple of failed strangulation attempts but on the whole ran the game with authority and even handed decisions. 

going to bed .. hope they sort it for Peterborough or it might get a bit messy, but even if it does I just have to say  I don’t do booing. Pointless … a bit like today really 

4 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Absolute f****** nonsense. That’s our first home defeat since October and the worst performance (first half ) I’ve seen in 25+ years of watching Derby. It is in no way representative of Warne or recent performances. It is a one off, and you can question Warne but this wasn’t tactics it was players not running and doing their jobs.

However, It was an Aberration, abomination whatever you want to call it and playing like that there’s no chance we’re going up. Never been so angry as I was at half time.

You think this was so different to the 4-1 defeat at Barnsley or the 2-2 draw against Shrewsbury in the end. it is a performance closer to where we are heading than where we would like to be.

4 hours ago, Jourdan said:

2014-15 was completely different. We went from 1st in February and looking like the best team in the league to 8th in May.

This season we are going from 4th at our best but still some way off the top two to maybe 7th if we have a poor run in and other teams capitalise.

It’s not the huge drop off you think it is. We have only ever been 2-3 poor results from looking over our shoulders. Promotion has always been an outside chance not a certainty.

I think we could beat all four of those teams if we play well and play to our potential. We have beaten Barnsley and Bolton and competed in tight games with Ipswich, Plymouth and even runaway leaders Wednesday.

It’s up to Warne to find a way to deliver that and time is still on his side. Yet you have written us off in March when there’s still so much life left in the season. You’re making yourself look silly.

In that season, we had a strong performance arc that made us feel invincible. This season was similar, if you asked 2 months ago how ppl felt about automatics, it was not how you describe it. A lot of us felt as if we had a solid chance at it. There has been a dropoff in the past 9 games, and the performances have been poorer, and so have the results. In our more recent games (before 2 months ago), we do not look like the team we were. Perhaps this will change, but currently, we look like a shadow of our former selves. This is precisely why I invoked 14-15 because we looked unstoppable until we didn't. 

I'm not sure what is wrong with pointing this drop off out or saying losing to Fleetwood at home in such a manner is disgraceful to a club like ours. It's not tolerable, it's not good enough and the sooner it is resolved the better.

4 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think with the squad we have cobbled together due to the restrictions, we have done pretty well. Teams like Ipswich and Plymouth are a couple of seasons ahead of us in their plan to get out of the division. With how small the squad is I think a dip in form after the great unbeaten run was inevitable. Today was very disappointing but we still are in the hunt for the play offs which under the circumstances would be some achievement ?

We usually agree. I would be sympathetic to this argument if we weren't going backward and badly. I've never been convinced about warne and this stretch of form is confirming my worst suspicions. It's a hack job going bad at a bigger club that he can't micromanage. I really fear where this is heading tbh and under rosenior a completely untested manager we were in  the hunt for the playoffs with a better account vs the top half 

7 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

I suppose the thinking if there is any is that Didzy and Sibley are the two alternatives.  But Sibley couldn’t have done any less than Collins. 

Warne likes Collins because he covers ground. Mindless ‘Gas on’. Point is it’s  pointless if we don’t have an organised press or if the oppo are playing long. Warne seems to like headless chickens. 

Dissapointing to say the least,  we need to get back to some sort of form and hopefully take it into the playoffs if we make them

I do understand Warne's comments and he said they'll watch it back 

What i do think is wrong though , is the fact when we are up against it like when we went 0-2 down , our play becomes a bit desperate 

The amount of aimless crosses or attempts to cross when sometimes you just have to get the ball down and play it on the ground and move the opposition about creating spaces

We do have players who can do this but the biggest dissapointment for me is that time and time again we resort to what I'd call hit and hope football.

Yes the players lost out and didn't show enough commitment and desire to be first to the ball and cover the yards to close spaces but we surely can't be relying on pure effort and desire alone ?

Tactically I think we are quite poor especially against the better sides in this division where you need a bit of guile as well as effort 

Some criticised Rosenior's style of play and my comment is not meant as a comparison or a who's style was better etc etc but sometimes surely we have to change what we are doing and think of different ways to open teams up and move the opposition around.

It does seem as some have already alluded to that we seem to have one option of how to play and we kinda stick with that and now and again show we can pass it around and play slightly differently but its only in short spells then we go back to plan A

I'm not against PW and of course I really want him to succeed and I do like his methods of team bonding and the togetherness he has brought but..... in games where it is not going so well we do need the manager and or coaches to be able to change and tweak certain things and i don't mean just formation changes but changes in how and what we do 

What I am finding really frustating  after watching us today where we really didn't look like scoring is  the aimless crosses and attacking play then continue to do whats not working , in the hope it will work , rather than altering it .

yes good players who can keep a ball are capable of of going long of course they are and if its working and  thats the plan then great, but to continue to play those aimless crosses when they have the ability to play more possesion football or up the tempo or overload certain areas of the pitch should be an alternative and I don't see much alternative

COYR and Warney and coaches we are better than losing at home to Fleetwood !! lets not ignore other capabilities in our squad 

Edited by S8TY

Our next game is against you but got to wait two weeks because of international soccer before it.  Damn nuisance as we're really hitting targets now and don't need no break under such momentum.     I'm kind of perplexed by County's erratic form in the last few weeks. Obviously we'll be looking to take you out such is our position on the verge of an automatic promotion.      Your team appears to be struggling, it's a shame we got you next up as our own team is looking real promising right now.     It would be churlish to predict a Town victory in front of your own fans but I got so much confidence in our abilities right now.     The league status doesn't lie but other than Sheffield I feel we probably are the best team this division can offer right now.    

I understand defeat in this league, it's no fun being beaten like today particularly a recognized name more established than most others but you got to ask yourself how much do you really want it.     Our success comes from a reliable array of attackers, a goalkeeper that has been arguably one of the league's finest and a manager who knows what he wants and how to get it.    Add to that a certain momentum and belief that a number of other squads seem to lack.     I think the international interim will suit County better, had you played us at the regular schedule I'd be real confident of taking a result from it.