Playoffs

Bris Vegas

22 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Big games (those involving the current top 10) EVERY week from here on in.

Windies vs Bolton

Ipswich vs Shrewsbury

Wycombe vs Barnsley 

Barnsley vs Windies

Barnsley vs Ipswich

Posh vs DERBY

All before the end of March alone.

A few observations.

If the Windies carry on winning, it will probably do us a favour.

If Barnsley are to make the Autos, they are going to have to do it the hard way.

Plymouth have, on paper, the easiest next couple of weeks, so could consolidate their Autos spot.

It will be really interesting to see how the table looks at 3pm April 1st, as we kick off at home vs Ipswich. That game will be massive.

Windies will struggle playing cricket on a footie pitch.

Here is my prediction

The semi final will be the biggest obstacle IMO and will be tough over two legs but.....

If we make it to wembley we will win , here's why

With the experience in our squad of Curtis, Didzy, NML , Hourihane, Fozzy etc etc I think we'd have too much on the big day and the big occasion will be too much for the other contenders who i expect to be there Barnsley , Bolton, and possibly Plymouth i reckon as I think they might blow top two

I fancy us and our experienced squad in a big one off at wembley against any of the other play off hopefuls , the problem will or might be the semi final so win and get through and we'll be going up .....COYR

27 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Nate Silver has spoken.

favourites to go up through the playoffs……….don’t phone it’s just for fun.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/league-one/

Are you sure? I interpreted that as making the play offs. They still have Ipswich and Barnsley favouring promotion over us.

3 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

He needs to start playing like he is too good for the league then.   Wouldn't say he has done that too many times this season so far.

He’s certainly out of sorts. The spell at right back might not have put him in the best frame of mind. And given the ground he covers relative to others,  I imagine the never ending exhortation to run faster and further could be demotivating. I think the problem’s in his head and hopefully Warne will sort it AND we’ll be promoted 

On 15/03/2023 at 10:09, ramsbottom said:

I still back us over 2 legs against those who currently occupy the play off berths, bar maybe Barnsley.  We gifted Ipswich the win at their place and we've had the better of Bolton home & away.  

Plus I don't think Warne would be stupid/negative enough to try and defend a semi 1-0 aggregate lead, by putting 11 men behind the ball like The Snake did against Fulham.

Not being funny, but it's possible that Barnsley might not be in the play-offs, could be Plymouth if the Tykes keep up their form and pinch 2nd spot.