Playoffs

Bris Vegas

We hadda shot at the autos a few weeks ago but we LOST all the games that really mattered. 

Slight alarm bells re PW for me ..

Those were the games he was brought in to win... and now we lose to effin fleetwood effin town ... how many shots on goal Paul ?

??/????   I know you love YOUR STATS 

51 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I know we're not yet in "must win" territory but I can't help but think that a defeat at Peterborough could leave us in trouble. Even a draw leaves us vulnerable.

Peterborough and Ipswich will be really tough.

But provided we don’t lose both, things should still be in our hands.

Even then, we play MK Dons and Burton at home and Forest Green, Exeter and Bristol Rovers away in the five games after that - which are awkward but all winnable if we play anywhere close to how we know we can.

Today was a bitter pill to swallow but we are still in control of our destiny.

44 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Peterborough and Ipswich will be really tough.

But provided we don’t lose both, things should still be in our hands.

Even then, we play MK Dons and Burton at home and Forest Green, Exeter and Bristol Rovers away in the five games after that - which are awkward but all winnable if we play anywhere close to how we know we can.

Today was a bitter pill to swallow but we are still in control of our destiny.

"not losing both" might not be enough. Imagine if we lost at Peterborough then only drew against Ipswich 

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

"not losing both" might not be enough. Imagine if we lost at Peterborough then only drew against Ipswich 

Time will tell.

Peterborough 66 Wycombe 66 Derby 64 Bolton 64

Even if it looked like this at 5pm on April 1st, we would still have 7 games to put things right.

No need to panic. Now if we lose the next three, different story.

39 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

If we play Barnsley in the semis we don’t need to worry about the final ?

On current form, 100% correct. In fact I wouldn’t fancy our chances against any of the current top six except possibly Bolton. It all depends on whether PW and the team and can turn this around in the remaining 9 games and start playing some decent football (which we might have to in order to even reach the play offs). 

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

On current form, 100% correct. In fact I wouldn’t fancy our chances against any of the current top six except possibly Bolton. It all depends on whether PW and the team and can turn this around in the remaining 9 games and start playing some decent football (which we might have to in order to even reach the play offs). 

Pick your best players in their best positions and play with a plan rather than hope and your chances improve a lot generally        

After the three recent home games where we drew and lost I’m struggling to look at any fixture as easier. As always it’s about what we do. If we play well in any League One fixture we have a great chance of a result. The issue is will we play well?

I just hope the performances and results against Peterborough and Ipswich don’t have such a damaging effect that we can’t pick ourselves back up again.

Having said all this, the league table doesn’t lie after 46 games, if we finish in the top 6 we deserved it, if we don’t we didn’t.

Anyone get that feeling that we will be heading to sheff Wednesday needing something to get stay in the play offs? Like another football written story, if this inconsistency carries on we won’t be in them come may, we also have a pretty tough run in.

3 hours ago, Topram said:

Anyone get that feeling that we will be heading to sheff Wednesday needing something to get stay in the play offs? Like another football written story, if this inconsistency carries on we won’t be in them come may, we also have a pretty tough run in.

yesterdays  result shows that we have no bankers in any of remaining so called easier games

3 hours ago, AndyB said:

After the three recent home games where we drew and lost I’m struggling to look at any fixture as easier. As always it’s about what we do. If we play well in any League One fixture we have a great chance of a result. The issue is will we play well?

I just hope the performances and results against Peterborough and Ipswich don’t have such a damaging effect that we can’t pick ourselves back up again.

Having said all this, the league table doesn’t lie after 46 games, if we finish in the top 6 we deserved it, if we don’t we didn’t.

We should have had enough to see off Fleetwood but it was always going to be a tricky game. That’s not just me being wise after the event. I posted a comment to that effect before kick off.

Forest Green away and MK Dons should, in theory, be “easier” than either of our last two home games (what could possibly go wrong?) but, we’ll need to do a lot more than just beat MK and FG.

It possible that the performances and results against Peterborough and Ipswich actually give us a lift (I know, I shouldn’t drink this early in the morning). 

Hi guys, Wanderers fan here, that’s the proper ones not the Wycombe imposters?. It’s getting to the business end of the season now and though the likes of posh and Wycombe are pushing I don’t see either you or us dropping out of the top six. We’re just coming back off a bad run following our Pizza Cup win to Wembley which seemed to unsettle us badly. We’re also getting our injured players back and were able against the Wendy’s on Friday to play nearly our strongest squad and it showed. We really should have won as we totally outplayed a very strong Owls team in the second half. We don’t play again now until April so there’s a chance for others below to overtake us but I’m not worried because once we’re back to it other than the Shews away and Plymouth at home we’ve no top sides to play and our last few are at home. Assuming we make the play offs, which I expect to be us, you Tykes and Plymouth who I think Ipswich will pip for the final automatic spot, I’m not really fussed who we play because the best four teams are all pretty well reasonably matched and can all beat each other on a given day. Past results are irrelevant and all four clubs have good managers so the fare should be football related rather than the shytehousery of some of the others the best footballing team should win? Seeing as we don’t play again beforehand I’m happy to wish all the best of luck to you for your remaining games. ?