vs Oxford (a) 11th March 3pm KO

Derbados

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne might have said that McGoldrick and Knight are injured along with providing genuine sounding details around the type and length of injury, AND Knight might be liking posts on social media on the back of a welcome victory, BUT that doesn’t mean they’re not sulking with Warne for outrageously calling out a below par performance on Tuesday night….

Yep………This is clearly evidence of a complete implosion!

McG and Knight are actually on strike, nothing will convince me otherwise.

Watched the game from the stand opposite the away fans.  The oxford fans were giving the ref pelters in the belief that he was giving Derby special treatment.  He just got a lot wrong like they all do.

Thought our performance was generally poor.  Davies and Rooney looked off the pace 1st half.  Rooney was getting beaten for fun.   Improved second half and great cross for the third goal. 

We had no real meaningful periods of possession.  Who cares though, it was all about the 3 points today and we dug in and ground it out without being on top form. COYR!

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Neither, apparently he headbutted Warne in the dressing room after the Plymouth game and has been suspended for at least a week (along with Jason Knight who kicked Hammy in the nuts).

You know no-one's going after Richy B. Looks like he'd rip your head off for wishing him good morning! ?

2 hours ago, caymanram said:

But where is the line between positive and negative criticism when the same thing is said !??‍♂️?

It’s a fine line I suppose, I just like to see a bit of balance and rationale applied. That’s what I try to do with my own posts anyway, though I’m aware I can be more optimistic than pessimistic as a general rule. 
Some posters only seem to comment on the negative aspects of a performance or single the same individual players out repeatedly without applying much sense or logic to back up their reasoning.
I just think some people’s views are extreme at times when it comes to pointing out perceived deficiencies and they very rarely see positives, others then are blindly optimistic. All entitled to our own opinions I know, and I appreciate everyone wants to see us do well in their own ways. ? 

Very enjoyable day out, of course helped by the win that I thought we deserved.

£6 for burger, chips and drink at adjacent centre, easy free parking and journey, friendly Oxford fans, a couple of amusing Mr Angry Derby fans next to me whose choice invective during the game made me laugh, and a decent chat with B4 and his dad pre match. If Carling made away trips...

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Does Collins get credit for their right backs header then? He was absolutely terrible today by the way. As tbf was most the team, other than Sibley.

In a way, yes he does. If Collins isn’t in the box at that point competing for the header does their player make the mistake? Your post before the match had even kicked off made out like we wouldn’t get a thing from today, and yet we won and came away with 3 points, granted it wasn’t a good performance in any traditional sense but we got the job done. “Terrible” performances and yet we still won, how good eh? 

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Yep………This is clearly evidence of a complete implosion!

McG and Knight are actually on strike, nothing will convince me otherwise.

Correct. And Gary Lineker has stepped down from presenting Match of the Day until the situation between Warne, Knight and McGoldrick has been resolved. You heard it hear first!

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

In a way, yes he does. If Collins isn’t in the box at that point competing for the header does their player make the mistake? Your post before the match had even kicked off made out like we wouldn’t get a thing from today, and yet we won and came away with 3 points, granted it wasn’t a good performance in any traditional sense but we got the job done. “Terrible” performances and yet we still won, how good eh? 

I give him credit for that, but doesn’t mean he won the header. It was the only good thing he did today. We came away with three points today through pure luck. I’ve only never seen a derby team win a football game with a poorer performance than that. It’s not a good thing, as 99 times out of 100 we lost playing like that. 

Evens up some of the points we lost to teams robbing us earlier in the season granted, but to say there’s any positives to take from that apart from the 3 points is simply untrue. We were awful. 50% pass accuracy. 50%!

Edited by Millenniumram

Just now, Millenniumram said:

I give him credit for that, but doesn’t mean he won the header. It was the only good thing he did today. We came away with three points today through pure fluke. I’ve only never seen a derby team win a football game with a poorer performance than that. It’s not a good thing, as 99 times out of 100 we lost playing like that. 

It is a good thing. We won. We've played well and lost games before, that is a worse outcome than playing not brilliantly (though as usual you are employing a heavy use of hyperbole) and winning. We pulled ahead of some of our playoff rivals today after an away victory and you are trying to spin that in a negative light. 

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I give him credit for that, but doesn’t mean he won the header. It was the only good thing he did today. We came away with three points today through pure luck. I’ve only never seen a derby team win a football game with a poorer performance than that. It’s not a good thing, as 99 times out of 100 we lost playing like that. 

Evens up some of the points we lost to teams robbing us earlier in the season granted, but to say there’s any positives to take from that apart from the 3 points is simply untrue. We were awful. 50% pass accuracy. 50%!

Scored 3 goals (not by luck) - positive

Louie Sibley scored 2 of em - positive 

Bird came back from injury - positive

Won from a losing position - positive

Won without 2 key players - positive 

Rested some players - positive

Won away - positive 

3 points - positive 

Try and lighten up