vs Oxford (a) 11th March 3pm KO

Derbados

37 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Of course mathematically it is still possible and I'm sure PW and the team are still going for it but, it would be a somewhat staggering achievement to make up a 10 point deficit over the last 10 games especially as Plymouth would seem to have a relatively easy run in.

They lost yesterday and will lose again.

4 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

I didn’t really  notice the ref much, which is a bit rare for me! He made a few mistakes and seemed to give an awful lot of free-kicks to Oxford. But that is only because we committed a lot of fouls. And that cane from Oxford ratting around and being first to the ball all the time, so we arrived late, stretched for the ball and gave away the foul.

I had no problems with the ref, I just had/have problems with our falling into a crude, agricultural way of playing. We are better than that.

Well we did win Dave ? Never hear so much about the ref when that happens ?

19 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

They lost yesterday and will lose again.

They might well lose again but yesterday's defeat was away at Barnsley.

Have you looked at their remaining fixtures?

Home: Forest Green, Lincoln, Cambridge, Bristol Rovers and Burton

Away: Accrington, Bolton, Morecambe, Exeter, Shrewsbury and Port Vale.

I think it would be a major collapse (which could happen) if they didn't win at least four of those and draw a couple. That would require us to pick up a minimum of 24 points out of the 30 available. Even if they do slip up, Barnsley are better placed and in much better form than us.

As I say, it is mathematically possible and I expect the team to keep pushing but realistically it very unlikely to happen.

Edited by Tamworthram

5 hours ago, angieram said:

Forgot to mention, our fans were also a mixed bag - we were very quiet right up to and straight after half time. The players were trying to gee us up, that's how quiet we were. There were a row of young lads behind me in their Stone Island gear, debating at half time whether or not they'd clap anything second half, declaring it had got to be better to merit their attention. Stay at home next time, please, lads! 

Anyway, things did improve after the third goal and I felt that we did help them get over the line at the end. 

Maybe we are feeling the affects of this busy run of games as well as the players? 

Most stayed to the final whistle, though, and it was worth it to see the relief on the faces of the players. Bird might have played a small part in the actual game, but his return is significant for me. He is our talisman. Forget McGoldrick, he just scores a shed-load of goals! ?

I also tried get people going with little success but guess recent loss perhaps put people feeling a bit down about I heard twice derby fans talking on way back from the game how one of them said about knocking it on the head I nearly told them you cant do that we so nearly did not have a club at all. How his misses stuck with the kids but I bit my lip and throught stuck under the thump.

56 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

I got there early after a unusually straightforward 1.5 hour journey from home via the unpredictable M25, so parked on Grenoble Road just east of the Holiday Inn and roundabout, where there is a long strip of then more or less empty designated car parking along the road. I did stay right to the end to take it all in so was easy to get away with no traffic issues at all.

From what I read on the OUFC website the retail/leisure park by the stadium is amazingly all free parking for football for 2000 cars as well, as it is all part of the Kassam complex.

Definitely one of the better days out. I'm still smarting from Charlton away that was £6.10 for a stadium pint that was a medical necessity in the summer heat wave.

Mega respects to you 

Yesterday was all about the result and it was much needed, deserved just although we rode our luck and have Wildsmith to thank for keeping us ahead. Cant really comment on individual performances as wasn’t there and only had RD to go on, but with the long trip to Plymouth and getting over that disappointment when they’d put in a good shift yesterday was a creditable effort from the boys. 

Could Sibley be the man to fire us to promotion? Those finishes were exceptional and reminiscent of when he first broke into the team. Hopefully Roberts and Fozzy stay fit and there is no need to play him at left back anymore. Pressure was on him yesterday to stake his claim in his favoured position and he delivered. Hopefully the stint at left back has made him a better all round player as the big reason he never nailed down a place is managers couldn’t trust him, he either didn’t do the dirty side or when he did he was a walking yellow card.

A whole week to recover get Birdy back before a winnable home game v fleetwood. Don’t think we need to worry about playoffs after yesterday, we have enough to keep ahead of Wycombe, I was worried about Posh but they’re so inconsistent it’s unbelievable. Shocking defeat yesterday but they’ll probably put 4 past us!! ?

10 hours ago, OssieEnd said:

Three points is EVERYTHING now !

Lots of people saying this. At the beginning of the season, as the team beds in, you might rather see a good performance and draw than play poorly and have a lucky win.  That thinking changes as you near the finishing line, sure. But even if we make top 6 we’ve still got to win the playoffs and if we’ve not found a side that plays well most of the time, that’s a long shot.  I think Warne needs to keep changing things to find the right combination of players. Saturday gave him food for thought 

Edited by kevinhectoring

2 hours ago, walkleyowl said:

To be fair we had to cobble a squad together that first season down under restrictions, not as tight as yours but again it was no fees and a wage cap so I have nothing but admiration for what you've managed so far.

It’s not bad with a 35 year old centre forward and a slightly younger one ( collins ) the spare forward, who runs in the wrong direction mostly. Then again they wouldn’t let us have a centre forward last season in case we won games - I hope you win the league and get back in the football graveyard of the championship, maybe we can join you.