Football is done

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I can take losing it’s not that important but I hate cheats and they stay cheats for the rest of their lives - those sky panelist’s were a disgrace to football 

Combined IQ of 93. The only sport where cheating happens on an industrial scale and is explained by it being part and parcel of the game. If you can’t beat em join em, we’re too soft maybe ?

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

Combined IQ of 93. The only sport where cheating happens on an industrial scale and is explained by it being part and parcel of the game. If you can’t beat em join em, we’re too soft maybe ?

There’s a difference between things being debatable and open cheating 

11 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

If anybodys got the time, it would be interesting to see how many points we've gained from bad decisions this season against how many points we've lost

I think there would be a big disparity

Lincoln, Shrewsbury and tonight.  There's 5 points in less than 5 games

It was a dive 100%. 

But the Sky pundits peed me off even more trying to somehow say it possibly wasn't.

Disgrace of a decision but ref had one look, in a split second...how the actual **** the pundits could watch it over and over in slow motion and not conclude he stuck his leg out, still felt no contact and then simulated contact with thin air makes my blood boil.

The reaction of the Derby players was instant and clear- they knew and everyone knew apart from the ref..until he saw it again and then even he knew!

51 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Watching SKY it's easy to see that football is eventually going to die. 

Whatever her name is, Jamie Mackie and Cowley 1 or 2 discussing tonight's penalty, said its a hard one to call, justifying the player cheating by saying White stuck his leg out so minimal if any contact was enough to dive, and praising the ref for giving a positive decision.

THE GAME IS DYING, and this mealy mouthed approval is just helping it on his way.

The Plymouth guy dived, they beat us because they cheated and that is apparently OK. We'll it isn't ok with me, you make your own minds up

I agree Loughborough. I find it hard to discuss the Rams performance when we've been so obviously robbed by a referee who looks like he's on his vinegar strokes when he gleefully gives a penalty against us. Its happening too often to be bad luck. It seems pointless debating tactics and players when this happens.

To anyone who's played football at any level, you know when the ref is looking to penalise one side and allowing the other to get away with murder, it gets you down and demoralises you eventually. 

Its hard enough to win a football match when its a level playing field, its feckin impossible when referees seem to have an agenda against us.

Fck Rick Parry and Fck the EFL.

On the way home and I'm absolutely livid. Firstly because we did everything right first half. We nullified them, kept a great shape, and we looked a level above them.

2nd half we came out and let them dictate. We allowed them to walk through us at times, but the most irritating part of it all was how gun shy we were. Plymouth proved that if you shoot, you score, even if it takes a deflection. Countless times we had an opportunity to shoot first time but we took an unnecessary extra touch and squandered it.

The free kick in the last couple minutes was us in a nutshell. You're 20 yards out, perfect position, yet we f***** about trying to be too clever and again, came to nothing.

We need to sort that out because we're gifting too many points to teams solely off the back of our own naivety.

I hate Plymouth, I hate the shitty accent, I hate their ugly mascot, I hate their inbred fans. Proper ruined my week.

????

Edited by SK47

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I guess you'd be outraged if you went out for the day leaving your front door open and came back to find someone had helped themselves to your personal possessions. 

Most people would blame themselves as well as being outraged.

But a better analogy id would be you be outraged if a robber picked up a rock from your front garden, then bashed your front window in with it, then climbed through and bashed your family to death with the same rock?

Everyone knows players are taught to go down in the box - touch or no touch.

At the end of the day, as a opposition player, if you move towards the ball, you have to win it.

If you don’t, you give the referee a decision to make.

Tough to take, but you only have to look at the last 20 minutes to see that the penalty decision wasn’t the reason we lost the game.

We lost our heads and never recovered from the first goal.

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

At the end of the day, as a opposition player, if you move towards the ball, you have to win it.

Tough to take, but you only have to look at the last 20 minutes to see that the penalty decision wasn’t the reason we lost the game.

We lost 2-1. The winner was the penalty. Wildsmith never has to make a save despite their late dominance 

We were shocking the last 20 minutes, but we were (badly) chasing the game.

So any time you go near the opposition player without touching the ball it's fair game for a penalty?

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Couldn’t disagree more. They weren’t exactly peppering wildsmith so if then pen isn’t given I can’t see them scoring.

our xg is higher too by the way.

And if players are taught to cheat it should be condemned.

20 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Most people would blame themselves as well as being outraged.

But a better analogy id would be you be outraged if a robber picked up a rock from your front garden, then bashed your front window in with it, then climbed through and bashed your family to death with the same rock?

Seems a bit of a gruesome analogy - I think I prefer mine better lol 

2 minutes ago, sage said:

We lost 2-1. The winner was the penalty. Wildsmith never has to make a save despite their late dominance 

We were shocking the last 20 minutes, but we were (badly) chasing the game.

So any time you go near the opposition player without touching the ball it's fair game for a penalty?

If VAR was in League 1, it likely gets overturned for simulation.

But it’s not and we know referees have quick decisions to make and can make mistakes whilst having to do that.

I am not saying it’s right but we know modern players are well versed in simulation and the only way you can get around that is by making a challenge you are going to win or not at all.

7 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

Couldn’t disagree more. They weren’t exactly peppering wildsmith so if then pen isn’t given I can’t see them scoring.

our xg is higher too by the way.

And if players are taught to cheat it should be condemned.

No, you’re right, they were not.

But they were growing in confidence and the nervous tension in the stadium completely disappeared. I think they would have continued to apply pressure.

The second goal in the game changed everything.

28 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

What happened in the last 20 minutes was down to the penalty that should not have been awarded, not their first deflected goal

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

White made contact. Benefit of doubt to the attacker? 

It was a penalty.

Since when did contact automatically mean penalty? This is the problem with football at the moment. Too many penalties being given. Refs not punishing blatant cheating. It's pathetic. I hate to see it, if one of our players did it I'd say exactly the same. When we actually start booking players for diving, we will see it disappear from the game.

Edited by Rammy03

The DARK ARTS and SIMULATION are endemic now . Gotta say one of the shocks for me in this tier is how bad it is ... the CHEATING ...  it's  worse in this league  ! That has surprised me . 

We as a club need to over come this. We are most other clubs CUP FINALS ... we need to over come this. We are the REFS  CUP FINALS too ... we need to over come this. 

We are DERBY COUNTY . In League One we are a target. We have to be better. Warne needs to drill this in  to the players. Opponents cup finals every week .

Remember earlier in the season? We were giving away penalties left right and centre? Then we went on that 16 game unbeaten run, and we weren’t. 
Here we are again. Two in two games. Justified or not. We have to become more street smart. 

A culture change is needed in football.  This talk of winning penalties, attackers being clever is ridiculous, when a player dives call it out for the cheating that is.  

You think these ex-pros would take the same opinion if it happened against them when they played.  don’t think Cowley would have been that understanding if mcgoldrick had done that when we played them at fratton park!

When it’s as obvious as it was last night it needs to be dealt with retrospectively.  Doesn’t help us but it should be punished.