Lincoln City (H), 7.45pm Tuesday 14th February.

Rev

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

Looks like the EFL have put the officials on a war footing to make sure we don’t go up. 

Parry hosted a COBRA meeting yesterday at EFL/Stasi HQ in Preston. The Ref tonight will be sacked for giving a red and adding on 9 minutes, but their goal was 6 yards offside and Didzy was onside, so job done overall.

4 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Looks like the EFL have put the officials on a war footing to make sure we don’t go up. 

This isn't remotely true is it though. Hourihane was offside for our goal too. 

Can anyone post a 'still' of the disallowed effort at the end?

Just now, hintonsboots said:

Parry hosted a COBRA meeting yesterday at EFL/Stasi HQ in Preston. The Ref tonight will be sacked for giving a red and adding on 9 minutes, but their goal was 6 yards offside and Didzy was onside, so job done overall.

Loved fourth official - he was jotting down time wasting throughout. Knew it was decent when their staff started kicking off and he just showed them his little piece of paper

The game. Ugh.

Looked like the players had sexytime on their minds after the game or something, didn't want to injure their groins.

Too many balls into the box straight into the keepers hands, got to be doing better from the wide positions.

I like Dobbin, but he was definitely on a promise tonight. NML not the animal we know he can be either.

Not sure why Plange got a warm reception, wouldn't have boo'd him but how did that Premier League move work out for you?

I'm just glad we got out and have a chance of making it home for breakfast, never seen time wasting like it. 

Would have had 20 minutes added on if that was a World Cup game.

Anyway. 2 points dropped.

8 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Looks like one and the same

my screenshot was taken from Vital Lincoln City

image.png.7531fe2e815730e31ec68e9cd9205e46.png

Needs to sort his tie out, doesn't look very professional that.

And those sunglasses are from the Donald Trump supporter starter pack. I bet he wears a holster with a Nerf gun in when he goes to Tesco.

The two up front thing isn’t working, we seem to be play far better with one forward and then knight joining the attacks. Mcgoldrick the much better option.

roberts had a poor game, sibley offered a lot more going forwards.

we just miss options to change things when not playing well, have two strikers at the club. Both started today so that’s that.

top six the target now and finish as strong as we can.

10 minutes ago, David said:

The game. Ugh.

Looked like the players had sexytime on their minds after the game or something, didn't want to injure their groins.

Too many balls into the box straight into the keepers hands, got to be doing better from the wide positions.

I like Dobbin, but he was definitely on a promise tonight. NML not the animal we know he can be either.

Not sure why Plange got a warm reception, wouldn't have boo'd him but how did that Premier League move work out for you?

I'm just glad we got out and have a chance of making it home for breakfast, never seen time wasting like it. 

Would have had 20 minutes added on if that was a World Cup game.

Anyway. 2 points dropped.

You can tell you've been to your annual game, you're posting non-stop.

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

I'm all for the lads keeping on trying.  And I'll keep on encouraging them to do so.
But tonight just didn't click.  Too many balls taken off their toes.  Far too many overhit passes/crosses.  And too many occasions where we made their keeper's job too easy.

We really didn't deserve any more than one point this evening, imo.

I think it's fair to say that I will be going to bed feeling frustrated tonight.

... Which to fair, is pretty much like every other Valentines night!  ?

Edited by Mucker1884

Horrible game. Credit to Lincoln in the first half. They ran and pressed like we normally do and their LHS defence did one on NML. The second half time wasting and faking was a disgrace to sport. It isn’t dark arts, let’s just call these things what they are, cheating.

I thought Collins, Didsy, Hourihan and Wildsmith looked ok for us - probably least affected by the malaise that ran through the team.  Knight was too deep, when we weren’t giving the ball away we dawdled and dithered. Passing was off, run of the bounce was off, too many players lost their touch, you can survive when a player has a bad game but when 4 or 5 do in the same game there isn’t much you can do. Even Cash was being beaten to headers. Sibbo did start to attack down the left but too often lacked bravery. Fozzy deserved his MOTM.

The pluses ? .. well at least we got a point which is better than sweet fanny adams, and Harvey White looks very classy. 
Barks deserves a start on Saturday.

I’m going to try and forget this one as quickly as possible. 

Edited by jono

3 minutes ago, jono said:

Horrible game. Credit to Lincoln in the first half. They ran and pressed like we normally do and their LHS defence did one on NML. The second half time wasting and faking was a disgrace to sport. It is dark arts, let’s just call these things what they are, cheating.

I thought Collins, Didsy, Hourihan and Wildsmith looked ok for us - probably least affected by the malaise that ran through the team.  Knight was too deep, when we weren’t giving the ball away we dawdled and dithered. Passing was off, run of the bounce was off, too many players lost their touch, you can survive when a player has a bad game but when 4 or 5 do in the same game there isn’t much you can do. Even Cash was being beaten to headers. Sibbo did start to attack down the left but too often lacked bravery. Fozzy deserved his MOTM.

The pluses ? .. well at least we got a point which is better than sweet fanny adams, and Harvey White looks very classy. 
Barks deserves a start on Saturday.

I’m going to try and forget this one as quickly as possible. 

Embarrassing s*** housery by them 

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

There's something I want to say about this match, but will wait and leave until after full time.

I may be wrong about this, but what I was going to say, but didn't want to jinx it, was:

Lincoln City are the only football league team we've played a decent number of times (say been in the same division against more than 10 seasons) where we have won every single home league game. 

Alas that is no longer true and I am extremely disappointed.

Absolutely painful. If I was Warne I'd have all the wingers in for crossing training tomorrow because it wasn't just 1, it was everyone. Wayward crosses that had no intent, they were just knocking them in for the sake of it. 

Until lincoln went a man down, they played really well I can't lie. But they had every god on their side in the 2nd half, much to our frustration. 

Argyle top which all the locals around me are happy about, which is also irritating, but what can you do.

We miss Bird, shows how much his subtle play that often goes unnoticed, was much needed the last 2 games. 

Hopefully we turn it round on the weekend. 

COYR 

The draw may have done us a favour. Even if we’d won sat and tonight we’d have made no ground up. Unfortunately both Wednesday and Plymouth have been freaks this season. Shame as us, Bolton, Barnsley and Ipswich are all fairly even. 

Autos dead, just got to concentrate on staying in the play offs now. 

The lads looked tired and I think that’s on Warne. Thought before kick off he should’ve changed the team up and it showed. 

Don’t want to pile in on Collins because at the end of the day if you played him blind faith he’ll hit you 15 goals in a season. But jeez he offers nothing in build up play. Think Knight needs to play 10 and White needs a chance to shine. 

Play offs not to be sniffed at and even if we don’t do it this season, Warne has a full summer to recruit and get his team in to shape. The negatives being we’d probs lose Knight and Cashin.

Anyway up the Rams and see you on Saturday. 

18 minutes ago, David said:

Needs to sort his tie out, doesn't look very professional that.

And those sunglasses are from the Donald Trump supporter starter pack. I bet he wears a holster with a Nerf gun in when he goes to Tesco.

What 3 things did we learn from tonight's 1-1 draw away at Derby Countyourmoney?

Minimum of 150 words required!

NEW QUIZ: Derby County (a): Last Time At Pride Park:
https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/snack-quiz/quiz-derby-county-a-last-time-at-pride-park/

NEW QUIZ: Derby County v Lincoln City (14/02/23):
https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/snack-quiz/quiz-derby-county-v-lincoln-city-14-02-23/

New thread  on their forum.  Maybe those who were gracious enough to answer his questions last night at about 1 in the morning could reply.  Cretin