Lincoln City (H), 7.45pm Tuesday 14th February.

Rev

11 hours ago, Just Visiting said:

I was surprised we went so defensive after the sending off, but fitness levels weren't the reason as we have great squad fitness levels

I think your manager got it right after the sending off. You were still set up to score on the break and but for a fabulous piece of defending by Forsyth, Diamond (?) would have had one. 
As for your fitness levels, your pressing early on was seriously impressive and you defended with real energy after the sending off. I think Warne has put some focus on the fitness of our squad but with so many over 30s we’re likely to be second best when it comes to yards covered. That’s one reason Warne needs to set up our midfield differently

Edited by kevinhectoring

A lot of finger pointing at the Lincoln time wasting which is normal because it’s frustrating - I remember Millwall often doing this so blatantly at least twice at Pride Park but Derby as a top side in this division need to find ways of getting through it and we obviously didn’t play very well. A lot of injury time too. Fair play to Lincoln, we have met them twice this season and failed to beat them. A lot of sour grapes- a point isn’t disastrous. There is poor officiating in this division but enough excuses - Derby just have to better than the opposition and not look slack. Top 2 are freakishly good and unlikely to be caught (nothing impossible though). Playoffs would be a good achievement this season. 

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Can say that all you like but I still think the idea that “we don’t do that because we’re a footballing city” is absolute guff.

If we suddenly had all the same players and staff members as Lincoln had we’d be doing the exact same.

I agree that the part you've highlighted is hyperbole, but it's pure conjecture to say we'd do exactly the same. Even Lincoln fans claim that they don't normally see that level of gamesmanship from their team, so I think it's fair to call it out as being excessive and unappealing. 

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

I agree that the part you've highlighted is hyperbole, but it's pure conjecture to say we'd do exactly the same. Even Lincoln fans claim that they don't normally see that level of gamesmanship from their team, so I think it's fair to call it out as being excessive and unappealing. 

Aye fair enough, I don't have a problem with people not liking it. I just resent the notion that we're somehow above that kind of thing. It's the kind of snobbery that would rile us up if fans of Chelsea, Fulham, (insert other posh fanbase here), etc, said it about us. 

21 hours ago, SKRam said:

Ok had time to digest and calm down…. We all have our opinions. I’m on my fourth pint in Mcr (Derby colours obvs) ….. I thought Roberts and Cashin were having proper off days. As many have alluded to, we are still in a magnificent position considering what EF ducking L have thrown at us. Bolton knocking ten in two is eye catching especially five at Boro (pity it’s not the middles). No need for panic and we have the capability despite some believing we’re lacking the striker PW was after. We’ll never know what and why he didn’t get his target(s). I’m a happy Ram, that’s always the case anyways, tough Saturday challenge, if we’re good enough, we’ll win, from my Leeds Ram( it’s true, Conor) to the far flung corners of the UK… including @Inverurie Ram we still believe. Our management have come to our club fully aware of the restrictions in place ….. Let’s keep the faith as we always have Rams. Raise a glass and believe. 
Believe Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

Good post but would have been better without that doddery old fool with dementia saying "keep the faith!"

Thanks for the cyber chin-wag everyone (although it would've been better in the pub over a pint or two).  Even if I don't agree with some/most/all of it, I always find it interesting to hear different opinions and perspectives from other fans.

Good luck for the rest of the season - unless we put a miracle run together and meet you in the playoffs of course! ?

On 16/02/2023 at 14:17, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

A lot of finger pointing at the Lincoln time wasting which is normal because it’s frustrating - I remember Millwall often doing this so blatantly at least twice at Pride Park but Derby as a top side in this division need to find ways of getting through it and we obviously didn’t play very well. A lot of injury time too. Fair play to Lincoln, we have met them twice this season and failed to beat them. A lot of sour grapes- a point isn’t disastrous. There is poor officiating in this division but enough excuses - Derby just have to better than the opposition and not look slack. Top 2 are freakishly good and unlikely to be caught (nothing impossible though). Playoffs would be a good achievement this season. 

Just think too many players just thought they needed to turn up and automatically collect the three points…