Wycombe Wanderers (A) Sat 11th Feb

I won't be drawing too many conclusions from this result against a decent Wycombe side. It's a reality check and we had to lose at some point, this was one of the more likely games if we are being honest. 

It was unrealistic to think we would just keep winning and hunt down top two without breaking a sweat. It's a tough old league but we have to keep fighting.

The key thing is how the team respond now and I take a fair bit of confidence from the way they have operated since Warne and team have come in.

Ultimately anything challenging play offs will have been a great season considering where we started from.

UTR

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thought that was odd from Sibley, when you watch it again he sort of steps back to allow the ball to be crossed. Can't understand his movement tbh.

Lack of experience.   People talking about him being a Championship quality left back was premature.  Roberts has been solid for us defensively and should keep his place. 

Don't personally see how anyone can watch Wycombe every week with there long ball game ....dreadful to watch 

Think PW got it wrong taking Roberts off and Sibs unfortunately did not stop the cross for a soft third goal which effectively cost us

Actually thought Roberts was having a decent game , long way to go and think if we can be brave and go to Plymouth and win we can still catch them 

Was at the game yesterday and was really disappointed with how we played. Wycombe‘s main tactic seemed to be to hoof it out left to McCleary for him to get it across into the penalty area, and we never seemed to deal with it. We were physically bullied and harassed by them as well and several players seemed to fold because of it. 
I don’t care where they are in the table; you have to beat shitty hoofball merchants like these to get out of this league so really pissed off, especially with it being this lot; the absolute definition of a nothing club.

14 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Subs on far too late for me! The game was obviously a difficult one to navigate and some fresh faces would have helped early in the 2nd half!! 

This may sound slightly odd but I feel the timing of our goal went against us. We were under the cosh and about to ring the changes just as we scored. Naturally PW hesitated on the subs, would have been a bold decision to sub Collins just after he equalised but in truth, he wasn’t having a great afternoon. After a few minutes the game settled back into its natural pattern and they were creating chances again, terrible marking from the set piece and it’s 2-1. 

I didn't see any of the game, but it sounds like the battle we'd expected, made tougher by a referee taking a break from his usual job officiating in Aussie Rules games ? In truth, we've coped well with those tactics on most occasions this season and, despite not being our usual standard of performance, it required a couple of slices of good fortune for Wycombe to score the decisive goals. I'm sure the team will feel frustrated and look to get back on track on Tuesday. 

Shame about the loss but we had to lose sometime and sounds like we didn’t play too well today. Always liked Lewis Wing as a player.

Shame it was to the parasites but apparently it’s up there with one of their best ever games, which probably tells you everything you need to know about them.

I stupidly looked at their forum and the delusional and inaccurate comments from their fans, who clearly have no understanding of the timeline of EFL charges against us, is quite frankly astonishing. It goes to show how a narrative can be put forward and believed by those who want to believe. One comment said that our fans on this thread showed no understanding of their grievances against us. They’re right on that point.

Anyway, leave them to one of the best games in their history and we can move on to Lincoln. Need to get another run going now.

Personally, I am enjoying this season. I am glad I have a club to support and that the actions of a t***** of an owner, the EFL and two parasitic clubs, not brave enough to take anything to court because they knew they would lose, failed to take that away from me and the generations to come.

UTR ?

Watched the game on rt, it was the tough battle I was expecting and the defeat I had a nagging feeling about before kick off 

am I down ? No not really ( missing that glow a win brings though) , we fought hard , we lost narrowly with them having a couple of lucky deflections for goals , they did a bit of a job on didzy and he wasn’t quite himself with nothing coming off for him , sibley had a brain fart and pulled out from giving a throw in or corner when stopping the ball going into our box was first and foremost , he’s done great so far in a position not natural for him and I don’t think you will see him make that mistake again , sibs I still love you,

on the plus we scored two good goals which will be good for Collins and dobbins confidence, you can’t win them all ( even the mighty rams ) 

dust ourselves down and on to the next , there’s a lot of football to be played between now and seasons end

14 hours ago, DiggerB said:

It's like Wycombe set up to try and make us not win the match. Those cheeky young scamps!!

Yes.

Assert themselves physically, get the first goal and attempt to spoil the game whilst taking advantage of any space created by our need to push for an equaliser. Classic shithousing!

We managed to get back into it but all that did was refocus their efforts on the above.

It's something many of the opposition we've faced this season simply haven't set out to do - if more teams had taken that approach we probably wouldn't have had the 15 game unbeaten run.

10 hours ago, Topram said:

Massively, if we had Warne in charge all season I wouldn’t be surprised to be top 2

I'd agree with this IF we'd have managed a win against one of Sheff Weds at home, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Bolton or Wycombe away but so far we're yet to see a league victory under Warne against teams who are (or were at the time of playing) in direct competition with us for those top 2 / top 6 places.

The good thing is we still have chances to do that with Barnsley, Shrewsbury, Plymouth, Ipswich & Sheff Weds still to play again.

Edited by Kokosnuss

Disappointed, but it had to happen sometime, just worse as it was against them, or more specifically their nasty vile chairman..  

Their goal keeper was a disgrace at the end.

Onwards and upwards, although I can just see it happening that we could meet in the playoffs possibly even if they only finish 8th…

49 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

I'd agree with this IF we'd have managed a win against one of Sheff Weds at home, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Bolton or Wycombe away but so far we're yet to see a league victory under Warne against teams who are (or were at the time of playing) in direct competition with us for those top 2 / top 6 places.

We beat Bolton at home the other week.

14 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

We beat Bolton at home the other week.

Oh yeah, so we did. It was the away game that counted for the "I'd agree If" part, but yes we have indeed beaten one play-off competitor under Warne. 

We'll need to do that more than once and again, thankfully our remaining games provide plenty of opportunity to do just that. 

Some big games coming up that will define our season 

(Barnsley at home would have counted as a second had it been in the league)

Edited by Kokosnuss