Wycombe Wanderers (A) Sat 11th Feb

3 minutes ago, Peaceful Chairboy said:

Not here to gloat, that was prob our toughest game this season and while parts were scrappy, I thought it was an even contest.

Your player who got your 2nd, that was an outstanding finish and the best bit of skill in the game.

I felt your No. 6 was your MOTM. In the 2nd half, he got in the way of all of our attacks before your first goal.

Safe journey home guys, I hope the drive back isn't too bad for you and good luck for the rest of the season!

Thanks. Couhig is still a Cnut though.

11 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I would love to play them at Wembley. I think a wide pitch and good quality surface would totally play to our strengths. Add to that hopefully a top quality ref and we would dismantle them.

I said the same to my other half halfway through the match.  By the end I had changed my mind.  Would just rather avoid them in a one off match I think.

Shame about the result, but we were bullied today. We have actually taken bullying in our stride this season, but trying to play them at their game was the big mistake. Too much long ball, too much "Just head it somewhere" in, our defending and midfield play, instead of getting it down and actually playing football. 

First half we held our own, and created the more dangerous chances, but a lucky deflection played two strikers on, and we were behind. We should have been able to get the game back again, but dilly dallied with late substitutions, and continued with our Wycombe impersonations. My internet went off after their second goal, and even after flying from Tokyo to Amsterdam it stayed off, eventually getting a message across the screen "Your are not allowed to watch this video" and I am still having problems now. It would seem that Rams TV are having a purge on oversees viewers! So I missed the third, and our second, as well as their keeper thinking he was an ex-Forest keeper! 

And having had a couple of decent referees recently, it was inevitable that we would get one who gave Wycombe carte blanche to be Wycombe Wanderers. And this is the only worry I have for us getting into the play-offs - all the EFL will have to do is give us a crap ref, and they have a huge stock of those to call on. However the ref didn't cost us the game today, we did with our tactics and reluctance to bring on the subs soon enough. And in a game where very few did well, Cashin was Man of the Match for us, and Dobbin continued his emergence into greatness! I am so glad he got another goal. Keep it going, Dobbs!

So on to Tuesday. Watch out, Lincoln!

Edited by DavesaRam

14 minutes ago, Peaceful Chairboy said:

Not here to gloat, that was prob our toughest game this season and while parts were scrappy, I thought it was an even contest.

Your player who got your 2nd, that was an outstanding finish and the best bit of skill in the game.

I felt your No. 6 was your MOTM. In the 2nd half, he got in the way of all of our attacks before your first goal.

Safe journey home guys, I hope the drive back isn't too bad for you and good luck for the rest of the season!

Are you still here?

22 minutes ago, Peaceful Chairboy said:

All I can do after a Wycombe performance like that is offer you my commiserations because you have to watch that every match. We only have to put up with it twice this season. You poor fella!

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Eh?

As it stands, we are 5th.  Barnsley are currently 1-0 up, sit in 6th, and have 3 points less than us.

We will be in top 6 not top 2, social media kids going on about us going for Plymouth and Wednesday.. we aren’t their yet 

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

We will be in top 6 not top 2, social media kids going on about us going for Plymouth and Wednesday.. we aren’t their yet 

I've just re-read your post to which I was responding...

A reality check this, we are top 6 no more 

It looked like you were saying we are no longer in the top six.  I now realise you meant we are top six, and no more than that.  Makes sense now, but your grammar/punctuation let you down.  You confused a few others, too!

??

51 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

The last time we played like that was Ipswich and Exeter in October which prompted us to dump that awful 3 at the back system and go on a mad unbeaten run. Drop one of the strikers for White, go back to how we were playing with Bird in the team and I can see us doing it again. Today was just a minor blip and for me a reminder that we shouldn't be matching teams at hoofball.

Forgot to add - What a great goal from Dobbin, hopefully that'll give him some confidence and he'll get a few more. As soon as he finds his shooting boots he'll be a seriously good player.

Well put. Warne very keen to shoehorn in 2 up front, and when it didn't work with 3-5-2, today was a different approach.

As a result we ceded midfield control, were often overran and were sucked all too easily into their hoofball. 

After last week I understand why the boss went with it again but it was never working. I'd have considered changing it before half time, but definitely at half time. And absolutely by the 55 minute mark. 

When we did change it smacked of desperation, bringing Davies on to play up front and Sibley to play left back. That's just silly. We were desperate for someone to be able to carry the ball through midfield. I expect White will now start next game now, but I will campaign to have both the Sibley twins there. 

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

Unfortunately this is what happens when a team actually makes it difficult for us, plays like your archetypical League One team and capitalises on our mistakes.

Hopefully others watching on don't see this as a blueprint, or they continue to prove incapable of taking advantage, OR we have some other answers to deal with this type.of game.

I think we should still be absolutely fine for the playoffs.

It's like Wycombe set up to try and make us not win the match. Those cheeky young scamps!!

1 hour ago, Peaceful Chairboy said:

Gracious in victory a la Pep Guardiola ? Let’s see where we are in May.

Well I would definitely have settled for a draw before the game...a point added to our total and the unbeaten run continues...so we are one measley point down on the day and lots of folk saying automatic promotion has gone.! Over reaction in my opinion.. Especially as if I've checked the upcoming fixtures correctly  (I'm old!) 4 of the next 5 matches are at Pride Park..all difficult but winnable.The table could look very when that run of games is over.

I'm not overreacting about the defeat because I think we will bounce straight back.

BUT,I agree with those that saw a three-man midfield as the answer to us getting morecontrol of the game - what a pity Warne wasn't one of those.

I thought Roberts was playing okay today and felt it cruel to replace him with Sibley,who was desperately needed further forward. 

Great finish from Dobbin and Collins will feel better for putting his chance away from open play (should have had more, though!)

Can I just say everything about that cheapskate little clu b gets on my nerves. I will be writing to them for a refund on my ticket because how a football club manages to get away with selling 1800 tickets to fans without any adequate basic provision of toilet facilities is completely beyond me! 

And as for Ainsworth being allowed to stand on the touchline in front of our full back when he's trying to take a thow in without any word of admonishment from the referee - it beggars belief. 

Good to see our lads fighting to the end even when we were upagainst it - they'll all be nursing bruises from the mauling they got today.

Think the fans' egos were a bit bruised, too. Our 'singing' section was noticeable by its absence this afternoon.  Shame; we need to make more noise when we're losing - that's when we're needed most! 

Thankfully, we're nearly home  so at least the motorway hasn't conspired againt us this evening. Small consolation. 

Not often i post about a game on match day (Usually too emotional about it.)

I still think we are missing a bit of steel for this division, in 85/86 we had Big Rob and Rossi, mixing it, and  with George snapping at peoples Heels.

With the exception of Fozzy we don't have the equivalent. (Bielik back off loan would have been ideal).

Anyway back to my Red Bull and Vodka,and three points and run starting again on Tuesday!!