Wycombe Wanderers (A) Sat 11th Feb

21 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Our unbeaten run was always going to end this way, 2 defections leading to 2 opposition goals and PW getting MOM was a sure kiss of death.?

We are far from down and out we just need to start another unbeaten run against Lincoln.?

"2 defections"?  Sibley, allowing the cross.  Who else?  ?

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm not overreacting about the defeat because I think we will bounce straight back.

BUT,I agree with those that saw a three-man midfield as the answer to us getting morecontrol of the game - what a pity Warne wasn't one of those.

I thought Roberts was playing okay today and felt it cruel to replace him with Sibley,who was desperately needed further forward. 

Great finish from Dobbin and Collins will feel better for putting his chance away from open play (should have had more, though!)

Can I just say everything about that cheapskate little clu b gets on my nerves. I will be writing to them for a refund on my ticket because how a football club manages to get away with selling 1800 tickets to fans without any adequate basic provision of toilet facilities is completely beyond me! 

And as for Ainsworth being allowed to stand on the touchline in front of our full back when he's trying to take a thow in without any word of admonishment from the referee - it beggars belief. 

Good to see our lads fighting to the end even when we were upagainst it - they'll all be nursing bruises from the mauling they got today.

Think the fans' egos were a bit bruised, too. Our 'singing' section was noticeable by its absence this afternoon.  Shame; we need to make more noise when we're losing - that's when we're needed most! 

Thankfully, we're nearly home  so at least the motorway hasn't conspired againt us this evening. Small consolation. 

Didn’t see you at all today, yes it was hard to take being there, I got into several arguments on the way back to the car, and told anyone that would listen what we thought of their owner. Thankfully it didn’t go any further than that cos frankly I’m too old for fighting, even on a Saturday night.

Totally bullied today and I think Warne got it wrong. We scored against the run of play and then made no changes. I can only imagine he didn’t trust White, Sibley and Springett with their physicality so bottled putting them on. 

Not here to moan and everything can be put right on Tuesday. But Plymouth winning does mean that talk of top 2 should be put on ice.

6 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Totally bullied today and I think Warne got it wrong. We scored against the run of play and then made no changes. I can only imagine he didn’t trust White, Sibley and Springett with their physicality so bottled putting them on. 

Not here to moan and everything can be put right on Tuesday. But Plymouth winning does mean that talk of top 2 should be put on ice.

? one loss and the 'bottled' word is rolled out straight away 

10 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I don't think we were totally bullied, but there was enough gamesmanship that we didn't deal well with. And yes oddly we scored at the wrong time, changes were needed. Edit: and after we scored I think Warne thought he'd give the same players time to put things right. Well tbh I thought we set up wrong firstly...

Edited by RoyMac5

44 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm not overreacting about the defeat because I think we will bounce straight back.

BUT,I agree with those that saw a three-man midfield as the answer to us getting morecontrol of the game - what a pity Warne wasn't one of those.

I thought Roberts was playing okay today and felt it cruel to replace him with Sibley,who was desperately needed further forward. 

Great finish from Dobbin and Collins will feel better for putting his chance away from open play (should have had more, though!)

Can I just say everything about that cheapskate little clu b gets on my nerves. I will be writing to them for a refund on my ticket because how a football club manages to get away with selling 1800 tickets to fans without any adequate basic provision of toilet facilities is completely beyond me! 

And as for Ainsworth being allowed to stand on the touchline in front of our full back when he's trying to take a thow in without any word of admonishment from the referee - it beggars belief. 

Good to see our lads fighting to the end even when we were upagainst it - they'll all be nursing bruises from the mauling they got today.

Think the fans' egos were a bit bruised, too. Our 'singing' section was noticeable by its absence this afternoon.  Shame; we need to make more noise when we're losing - that's when we're needed most! 

Thankfully, we're nearly home  so at least the motorway hasn't conspired againt us this evening. Small consolation. 

Agree with all of this. The Ainsworth moment, far outside his technical area when doing it, was just one of many instances when the ref was shown to be miles out of his depth. IIRC we didn't even get a freekick until the 26th minute when someone went horribly through the back of Hourihane. And then there was the moment Collins was intentionally fouled on the left while attempting to get away to launch a quick break, after which the Wycombe player stood over the ball deliberately trying to stop the momentum further by preventing the freekick being taken. Collins, standing where he was fouled, kicked the ball at the Wycombe player in frustration. Instead of the automatic booking for said Wycombe player which it should have been, the ref admonishes Collins and makes him move the ball back five yards behind where the foul occured as his excuse for not getting his card out. I was livid!

And they are a horrible, horrible club indeed. It sticks in the craw to have lost there, but we will bounce back. And at least I've lost my voice from singing and shouting too much!

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thought that was odd from Sibley, when you watch it again he sort of steps back to allow the ball to be crossed. Can't understand his movement tbh.

Late in the game and think he was just trying not to give a corner away and give them another chance to waste time.

Poor defending.

I've never known an entire club and fanbase to simultaneously have such a bad case of Little Man Syndrome. Wasting time from 10 minutes in at home when you're fighting for promotion is laughable. Game management my ample behind.

Regardless, they deserved the win and outplayed us tactically. Their little playmaker was superb.

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I've just re-read your post to which I was responding...

It looked like you were saying we are no longer in the top six.  I now realise you meant we are top six, and no more than that.  Makes sense now, but your grammar/punctuation let you down.  You confused a few others, too!

??

Sorry mate yes meant we are top 6 no more as in top 2 probably out of reach, we’d of all taken it before the season let’s be honest, it’s a disappointment to lose especially to this little horrid club but if we get in top 6 we go from there! 

43 minutes ago, Topram said:

Sorry mate yes meant we are top 6 no more as in top 2 probably out of reach, we’d of all taken it before the season let’s be honest, it’s a disappointment to lose especially to this little horrid club but if we get in top 6 we go from there! 

Oh yeah.  Totally.

Even with all the positivity before today's game, I said earlier this week, I'll personally be delighted with Play-offs.  Autos would be a massively unexpected bonus.  ??

Sad day

fozzie and cashin fabulous 99% of the time. But we see what happens if Didzy has an off day. He was given special attention and was often isolated. As Maradona observed, if you’re a target you play one touch football until they get tired. Today he might have been more useful playing deeper. 

Collins’ energy up front is wasted if we’re up against hoofball. Instead, start with Barkhuizen or even Sibley, give us more chance of playing football. Agree with those who say subs came too late. 

Not Mr Warne’s finest hour. But hey he’s doing plenty well enough. God I hate Couhig 

I haven't seen any of the game, but definitely feels from reading between the lines and following the small bits I could that this was more of a good win by Wycombe than it was a bad loss by ourselves. Obviously, no doubt, we could and have played better, but on this occasion credit to Wycombe - big win for them. 

Back to back home games now to put things right and keep ourselves in the hunt.