Morecambe (H) Sat 4th Feb

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Luke McGee seems to have settled in quickly and looks quite sharp too. Bit of banter with Joe already and it's good to see the lads working hard, working well and doing both with smiles on their face. Warne and his coaches do seem to have a knack for getting the players to commit to some intensive sessions, but having fun at the same time. Healthy competition is vital if the club are to move forward and this is as unified as I've seen the squad for some time now.

10 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Wildsmith 

Rooney.    Davies.   Forsyth. Roberts 

Smith.    Hourihane 

mendiz        Knight       Barkhauzen     

McGoldrick 

if Smith stays at right back knight further back with Sibley behind McGoldrick -Cashin can wait whilst Dobbin is unlucky not to start but the others have done well 

Looks good but always better with Cash for me. As long as Knight is AM we can do anything in this league - PW knows what he’s doing at this level of competition, he’ll make the right calls for the hand he has to play.  Knight is the catalyst, the difference between also rans and challengers. With him we are 10 yards further up with room to move. 

Think Warne will stick with the same back 4. 

Wildsmith

Smith   Davies   Forsyth    Roberts

White        Hourihane

NML             Knight              Barkhuizan

McGoldrick

Think he will go with White, rather than moving Smith. We aren't blessed with right backs, so if someone is settled in the role I can see them staying there even if he may indeed be the more natural fit for the Bird role, given that Whites not been here for long. 

The only unenforced change I can maybe see is Cashin coming in for Curtis, given Morcombe are good on the break and as such we may need Cashins pace (relative to Curtis that is) and increased mobility to counter it, especially as we expect to be on the front foot throughout.

Wildsmith

Smith          Forsyth       Cashin         Roberts

White           Hourihane

NML                     Knight                  Barkhuizen   

McGoldrick

18 minutes ago, sage said:

Wildsmith

Smith          Forsyth       Cashin         Roberts

White           Hourihane

NML                     Knight                  Barkhuizen   

McGoldrick

Yep, go with that. Think Roberts keeps Sibbo out….just…

I cant see White coming straight into the team, his first training session was today.

At home vs Morecambe, McGoldrick dropping into spaces with NML & Barkhuizen running in behind their defence will be key, their defence is huge but slow so fast football on the floor is needed.

Expecting us to go with -

Wildsmith - Smith Forysth Cashin Roberts - Knight Hourihane - NML McGoldrick Barkhuizen - Collins

McGee Davies Thompson White Sibley Springett Dobbin

Always feel we look and play better at home with McG playing off Collins, 1 drops and the other presses. Knights energy will help Hourihane, can then see White coming on for McG or Collins with Knight moving further forward. Sibley, Dobbin & Springett all providing attacking options from the bench too.

I’m pretty sure we don’t want to pull Smith out of right back, so I’d imagine White goes straight into the team to replace Bird - largely the reason he’s here in the first place and we will have had a good few days. 

Wildsmith; Roberts, Cashin, Forsyth, Smith; White, Hourihane, Knight; Barkhuizen, NML; McGoldrick 

If Sibs is 100% then he may take his place back, but Roberts has been playing well so wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the team. 

Good news if Sibley, McGoldrick and Cashin are all fit to play. I don't think White should come in and walk straight into the team so I would go with:

Wildsmith

Smith     Forsyth     Cashin     Roberts

Knight     Hourihane

Mendez-Laing     Sibley     Barkhuizen

McGoldrick

Subs: McGee  Rooney  Davies  Thompson  White  Dobbin  Collins

28 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

That'll be 6000 then if you count the ones Morecambe won't sell.

I’m not sure if you were being serious but there won’t be 3000 unsold Morecambe tickets.

A couple of days ago they had sold 800. Their allocation wouldn’t have been 3800.

Swings and roundabouts though. Their allocation may be smaller than some of the bigger clubs visiting PP but it will probably just mean more seats covered for segregation (not that it’s required for Morecambe). So, I sill reckon maybe 26,000.