Morecambe (H) Sat 4th Feb

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t think he’ll start White. And I think it’ll be Smith, foz, Cashin, Roberts at the back. Apart from that, the fact it’s Morecambe home gives Warne chance to experiment a bit in Bird’s absence, so will be interesting to see the line up. Would like to see Knight deeper, Sibley in midfield and Hourihane playing more advanced than he was against PV.  Also possible Tommo might start ...? There’s many a manager’s master stroke that’s forced by injury not inspiration 

Said it earlier in the thread but can’t imagine for a second he would do that with the midfield. PW’s primary tactic is a high press and if you’re going to put Hourihane higher up behind the striker you’re going to basically lose the ability to do that completely. 

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Talking to me mate at work today about this. We should win, but we will lose or draw games against teams we think we should be beating. We have to accept it and get behind the lads even more for the next game.

We could lose to Morecambe and win against Ipswich, Plymouth or Wendy......If we played well and lost I'd be happy because if we keep playing well we will keep winning but sometimes the gods and refs will conspire against us.

*Contradiction Alert!  ?

I know what you mean though, and I agree that if we keep playing well, we will keep winning more than we lose.

It's those "Fully deserved to lose that" games that are the most disappointing.  Moreso even than the "We was robbed" games.  At least the latter still give us hope.

Anyway... Big win today.  I feel it in my water.  In fact, now is a good time for me to head over to the prediction thread.  ?

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I’d be inclined to give Sibley a go behind McGoldrick and drop knight back to where bird usually is then replace Sibley with white who can play either where Sibley was or knight - worth a try 

But don’t we need Knight pressing forward ? 

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I’d be inclined to give Sibley a go behind McGoldrick and drop knight back to where bird usually is then replace Sibley with white who can play either where Sibley was or knight - worth a try 

Moving three people when can just put white in for bird seems excessive.

Rooney at right back and smith in midfield seems the easier option if not wanting to start white yet.

personally think he might give Thompson a game in the bird role and see how he does.

Warne isn't one for experimenting or making lots of positional moves when not necessary. Only changes I expect are White for Bird that's why he is here and maybe McGoldrick for Collins though in his interview on RD he suggested Didzy is not 100%. 

Warne is always saying if you are in the side and performing then you stay in on merit hence not many changes. 

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

Warne isn't one for experimenting or making lots of positional moves when not necessary. Only changes I expect are White for Bird that's why he is here and maybe McGoldrick for Collins though in his interview on RD he suggested Didzy is not 100%. 

Warne is always saying if you are in the side and performing then you stay in on merit hence not many changes. 

Warne isn’t one for experimenting? The man who has two midfielders at full back and a full back at centre half. That experiment seemed to work to be fair so don’t change any of that I would say.

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Warne isn’t one for experimenting? The man who has two midfielders at full back and a full back at centre half. That experiment seemed to work to be fair so don’t change any of that I would say.

Experiment ? Didn’t think he had a lot of choice ?

25 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

For anyone interested, someone has done some digging in to the lad trying to buy Morecambe. Sounds like a pound shop Kirchner/Alonso type.

https://twitter.com/sstinvesting/status/1621729803463233536?s=46&t=azPX2Rf48cZlj7dEwoGlJg

Oh dear, And yet I'll wager he'll pass the Owners and Directors Test, Reading all the twitter you posted, I'd steer clear of someone who's been in the clink for firearms offences and the other who has no credentials.

Just a chancer who can borrow money on the basis of owning a football club and maybe walk away in the near future a wealthier person ?

14 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Oh dear, And yet I'll wager he'll pass the Owners and Directors Test, Reading all the twitter you posted, I'd steer clear of someone who's been in the clink for firearms offences and the other who has no credentials.

Just a chancer who can borrow money on the basis of owning a football club and maybe walk away in the near future a wealthier person ?

There aren't many that buy a football club and walk away a wealthier person at this level.

Edited by Tamworthram

On 03/02/2023 at 09:30, Carl Sagan said:

Good news if Sibley, McGoldrick and Cashin are all fit to play. I don't think White should come in and walk straight into the team so I would go with:

Wildsmith

Smith     Forsyth     Cashin     Roberts

Knight     Hourihane

Mendez-Laing     Sibley     Barkhuizen

McGoldrick

Subs: McGee  Rooney  Davies  Thompson  White  Dobbin  Collins

Forgot Springett! If (I feel a reasonably big if) the three players are back from injury, it makes competition for places far more intense. In this case I would say Thompson misses out for Springett on the bench, since Rooney offers us the flexibilty of cover at right back, centre half or midfield. This includes the maximum five loanees in the squad. Guess we find out in 10 minutes.