Morecambe (H) Sat 4th Feb

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Knight Hourihane CM then. Not convinced the balance is quite right with that lineup.

Me neither but I guess Collins spends half his time in midfield and McGoldrick drops deep.

Dobbin is exciting but I think Barkhuisen’s all round game is better.

We’ll see.

What do I know?

?‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Knight Hourihane CM then. Not convinced the balance is quite right with that lineup.

I think we may see our play a little more on the direct side today with Dobbin and NML playing as traditional wingers, Knight and Hourihane tasked with getting the ball forward quickly perhaps? ? 

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Interesting selection. I think Warne has always been keen to play McGoldrick and Collins together up top, and also doesn't like the way McGoldrick plays most of the game in midfield. But because Didzy does drop so much, I feel this might work OK. That said, although Hourihane is running more, I'm not convinced he does enough to be part of what is intended as a midfield two. But lots and lots of options on the bench if this doesn't work.

We look a bit light in the middle of the pitch and Hourihane and Knight have been playing well in a 3, can't really understand why White didn't come straight in for Bird but perhaps PW has seen a weakness in Morecambe that we have'nt who knows