Morecambe (H) Sat 4th Feb

Wow, what a result, they defended well in the first half, but fell to bits in the second.

I should steer clear of score predictions in future, I got this one very wrong with 1-0!

I have a major Criticism however…

Next time score the 4 goals at the end I sit in! ???

49 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

A couple of quotes from the Morecambe Forum.

"Ref is giving them everything. We've been pulled back/down a few times and got nothing, but their lads go down, free-kick every time."

Famiiar?

"Yes Derby are excellent, but we're just letting them attack, attack and attack again. Their defence could start a card school to keep them occupied."

Skilfully ignoring No 4 thug and the two blokes who did playground dirty trips on Sibbo on his late run, and the guy who repeatedly kept wanting to hug Cash to death. Ref was in charge and did a pretty good job, but I suppose we always say that after a 5-0 win ????

Be nice if some on here could resist the urge to rubbish the teams we beat and just give credit where it's due. Yes we battered them today but that doesn't make them rubbish. Same posters who refused to acknowledge the gulf between us and a team two leagues above us last week too. This huge gulf wasn't evident a couple of months back when they held us to a draw at their place. They lost by the odd goal against Ipswich and were only beaten 2-0 away to the Wendies too. Not sure many were predicting 5-0 at halftime.

Happy days 

I said a while back I hoped McG would get another hat trick so we could have one of those “do you remember when” moments. Didn’t know he is the first to do it since King Kevin. Is it an omen ? 

Toughish first half, they came out of the traps fast but we were the better team, just. PW was right, we could have moved the ball quicker and should have pushed that B’stard No 4 harder after he chopped NML down. Isn’t Nat a piece of work. ? there was a toy gun in the 60’s “Jonny 7 one man army” … he’s one of those with 11 on his shirt. 

Neat FK and goal from Didsy changed everything. Second half was delicious. We owned every square yard of the hallowed turf. Bossed it. Hourihan was pulling strings delightfully, no more strolling, now the maestro we hoped he would be.

Loved Didsy and Collins sorting the pens out. Sportsmen both. Dobbs dangerous and hugely willing, deserved a goal. If he can work on his first touch Everton will drag him straight back. Collins hugely unlucky having worked so hard but same as Dobbs, it’s that first touch. Yet who cares if he makes rather than scores ? Cash and Fozzy have to be the best central pairing in the league. Then we get Knight Knight Kight ?

Thought White looked composed, can see a pass and can hit a ball with precision. Like it that he’s No 23 .. another good omen.

just keep winning boys … that was fun ! 

6 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Be nice if some on here could resist the urge to rubbish the teams we beat and just give credit where it's due. Yes we battered them today but that doesn't make them rubbish. Same posters who refused to acknowledge the gulf between us and a team two leagues above us last week too. This huge gulf wasn't evident a couple of months back when they held us to a draw at their place. They lost by the odd goal against Ipswich and were only beaten 2-0 away to the Wendies too. Not sure many were predicting 5-0 at halftime.

We're making these teams look rubbish because we're playing so well

9 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Yep ? First half was tight, they were quick strong and organised. (Seemed unusually tall across the team ? ) Anyway a long way from rubbish. That we raised our game in the 2nd half is about us. We were flipping good today and bursting with self confidence. 

32 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

This huge gulf wasn't evident a couple of months back when they held us to a draw at their place.

It was though. We missed 2 penalties and should have had 3. Dobbin rinsed them time and time again because he's very fast and a skilfull runner,  but it took until the second half today for us to replicate that tactic and funnily enough, we got another 2 penalties.

Edited by Kokosnuss

Morecambe played well first half, worked hard and frustrated us. Great time to score just before half time and then again early in the second half. 

What really impressed me today was the fitness and pressing. I know Warney talks about it but we are really seeing  the benefits now. 

If we work harder than teams in this league we will beat them because of the extra class we have in Didzy, NML, Dobbins etc. Jason Knight is a cheat code, the lad from Spurs looks classy, the team spirit looks like a promotion season to me.

We will sell out every away game and average over 27,000 for the rest of the season guaranteed. The Rams are going up ?

Kudos to the Morecambe fans, never stopped singing and their "five nil down, who gives a fck, we are Morecambe and we're staying up" song was class.

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Morecambe played well first half, worked hard and frustrated us. Great time to score just before half time and then again early in the second half. 

What really impressed me today was the fitness and pressing. I know Warney talks about it but we are really seeing  the benefits now. 

If we work harder than teams in this league we will beat them because of the extra class we have in Didzy, NML, Dobbins etc. Jason Knight is a cheat code, the lad from Spurs looks classy, the team spirit looks like a promotion season to me.

We will sell out every away game and average over 27,000 for the rest of the season guaranteed. The Rams are going up ?

Kudos to the Morecambe fans, never stopped singing and their "five nil down, who gives a fck, we are Morecambe and we're staying up" song was class.

As was give me sunshine at the end.