Have Derby County been treated unfairly by the EFL

Curtains

51 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

What about the local businesses who’s invoices he didn’t pay, not to mention the DCFC staff that lost their jobs 

50 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Have you got statistics on this !

Pinched from the Telegraph.

The "statement of affairs" report from Derby County's administrators has landed at Companies House.

The document includes details of the club's assets and liabilities which are available for public view.

It shows that more than £26m is owed to HMRC and £20m to MSD Holdings.

In addition, a combination of football and trade creditors are owed around £15m.

On the list of creditors, Derby owe £8.37m in outstanding player registration fees and £504,000 in agents' commission.

Other groups owed cash include Derby City and Erewash Borough Council, St John's Ambulance, East Midlands Ambulance Service, Middlesbrough FC and the Football League

………the full list is out there if you want to have a look.

On the question of Mel he should always, and I mean always, be remembered for the deception that he fed all of us during the final weeks of his tenure. His obfuscation of the facts and failure to accept responsibility for a failed administration was and remains absolutely disgraceful. He said he put is in administration to expedite proceedings when the process almost led to our annihilation. If he ever had the audacity to return to Pride Park I'd want him chased off the premises by a rightfully angry mob of fans. 

The business plan is an unfortunate necessity. We need to prove we can be run efficiently and effectively. At this level, it hopefully will not kill us too badly. In the championship these kinds of restrictions would be a bigger issue. The EFL were a masterclass in uselessness, to the point that our captain on national radio called them out which was almost beyond belief at the time. Personally, I'm all for singing F*** the EFL as Parry hands over the league 1 playoff trophy.  

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Don’t lots of businesses go into administration.

Leicester City did and then won the Premier League .

Mel obviously over reached to get to Premier League and we were close with Lampard .

Never forget Leeds away .

I’ve given it a lot of thought - the creditors that were stuffed, the football staff that were laid off, the young jewels we had to sell for pennies, the 8 months of worry for the fans, the ridicule, the relegation, the squad being reduced to 6 pro’s on the books, the diet of League 1 football - but boy that one evening in Leeds back in 2019. You know what it was worth it all. Lovely to have you back Curtains.

For me it’s not the way the EFL have treated us so much it’s how they have treated other clubs who are in similar strait’s because consistency is totally missing with a climate of totally changing the so called rules and interpretations.

The worse thing - the absolute worst thing was the EFL allowing a situation to occur where we were being blackmailed with the very existence of our football club because of the actions of the owners of Middlesbrough and Wycombe football clubs. 

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

For me it’s not the way the EFL have treated us so much it’s how they have treated other clubs who are in similar strait’s because consistency is totally missing with a climate of totally changing the so called rules and interpretations.

The worse thing - the absolute worst thing was the EFL allowing a situation to occur where we were being blackmailed with the very existence of our football club because of the actions of the owners of Middlesbrough and Wycombe football clubs. 

Agreed. Of course I'm sure Bury fans might feel they really were hard done to.

The 8 year contracts for huge fees at chelsea are surely suspect for FFP and disaster waiting to happen? So straight line amortisation but sell for huge loss year 4 surely massive loss booked that year for FFp? Players rarely stay 8 years these days? Sorry must have missed something as not really being discussed. Is that because only Chelsea? 

6 hours ago, CBRammette said:

The 8 year contracts for huge fees at chelsea are surely suspect for FFP and disaster waiting to happen? So straight line amortisation but sell for huge loss year 4 surely massive loss booked that year for FFp? Players rarely stay 8 years these days? Sorry must have missed something as not really being discussed. Is that because only Chelsea? 

It does sound scary but I’d be surprised to see Tom Glick preside over an FFP problem. Boehy has done the same w the manager I guess - it’s a US approach and maybe he’s pushing it through without thinking carefully about future accounting consequences. 

DCFC under MM and the EFL. Two badly run organisations colliding; unfortunately one is beholden to the other. 

We didn't need to be put into the position we were put in, regardless of how utterly incompetent and vindictive the EFL was during and after. It was a situation of our own making initially.

For me, this starts and ends with Mel Morris. Without him, his attitude and the way he ran the club, we wouldn't have even crossed the EFL's path in the way we did.

He was still right to sack Keogh though ?.

You can't saw sawdust, we are where we are,  lets look forward to a very bright future.?

Symptoms - Post-traumatic stress disorder

This is when a person involuntarily and vividly relives the traumatic EFL\MM\Administration events in the form of:

flashbacks

postings

nightmares

repetitive and distressing images or sensations

?

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

17 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

You can't saw sawdust, we are where we are,  lets look forward to a very bright future.?

Symptoms - Post-traumatic stress disorder

This is when a person involuntarily and vividly relives the traumatic EFL\MM\Administration events in the form of:

flashbacks

postings

nightmares

repetitive and distressing images or sensations

?

Are you a psychiatrist mate .

Don’t change your day job lol 

17 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

On the question of Mel he should always, and I mean always, be remembered for the deception that he fed all of us during the final weeks of his tenure. His obfuscation of the facts and failure to accept responsibility for a failed administration was and remains absolutely disgraceful. He said he put is in administration to expedite proceedings when the process almost led to our annihilation. If he ever had the audacity to return to Pride Park I'd want him chased off the premises by a rightfully angry mob of fans. 

The business plan is an unfortunate necessity. We need to prove we can be run efficiently and effectively. At this level, it hopefully will not kill us too badly. In the championship these kinds of restrictions would be a bigger issue. The EFL were a masterclass in uselessness, to the point that our captain on national radio called them out which was almost beyond belief at the time. Personally, I'm all for singing F*** the EFL as Parry hands over the league 1 playoff trophy.  

good post