Have Derby County been treated unfairly by the EFL

Curtains

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Youtube Rage GIF by Wayne

No just once 

“Derby County have been hit with a nine-point penalty from the EFL, with a further three points suspended, after the Championship club admitted to breaches of Profitability and Sustainability (P&S) rules. The penalty takes Derby's total deductions for the 2021-22 season to 21 points.16 Nov 2021”

We still sing about it lol. 

Edited by Curtains
Added

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

No just once 

“Derby County have been hit with a nine-point penalty from the EFL, with a further three points suspended, after the Championship club admitted to breaches of Profitability and Sustainability (P&S) rules. The penalty takes Derby's total deductions for the 2021-22 season to 21 points.16 Nov 2021”

We still sing about it lol. 

What you going to do to set it right then @Curtains?

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I will never get over what the EFL did to my beloved club.

Surprises me why other readily accept it

I’ll never get over the fact Rachel Riley continues to ignore all my message as well as what the EFL did to us but I can’t do anything about either so I’m trying to put them behind me and move on.

Seriously though, you’re just torturing yourself (and the rest of us by bringing it up again). Time to let it go. If we refuse to accept it, what could we do about it?

Just now, Tamworthram said:

I’ll never get over the fact Rachel Riley continues to ignore all my message as well as what the EFL did to us but I can’t do anything about either so I’m trying to put them behind me and move on.

Seriously though, you’re just torturing yourself (and the rest of us by bringing it up again). Time to let it go. If we refuse to accept it, what could we do about it?

For a start we need to as a club contest the business plan. 

Just now, Curtains said:

For a start we need to as a club contest the business plan. 

On what basis? We don’t like it?

The business plan was agreed (I assume) as part of being allowed to exit administration and continue to compete in the EFL. They may have had us over a barrel but, nether the less, it must have been agreed to.

I wouldn’t be too surprised if the plan is reviewed at the end of the season (based on what division we’re playing and IF it turns out our income is noticeably exceeding what was predicted in the business plan) but, I wouldn’t expect any kind of review before then.

I suppose we can only truly answer that question when another club enter a similar position and we see how they are treated. I will forever feel as though the EFL wanted us gone, I may be wrong but I reserve the right to forever feel it. I dont regret for a moment fantasizing about giving Rick Parry a lift and then dropping him off at Snake Pass, blaming him more than the Teeside Dog Botherer and that Carpark magnate for this sense that we got extra punative measures.

But consider this. Without pushing us to the brink, helping to bleed us to a point that debts are massive and there were no saleable assets to resolve it, pushing us to a point where only someone so obsessed with Derby they name their dog 'Hector' would step forward; would we be Mike Ashley's DCFC now? Or worse?

Yes I feel the EFL acquiesced to Wycomes and Middlesborough's wish to eliminate a rival business, but if they hadn't then right now it could have been worse.

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

I suppose we can only truly answer that question when another club enter a similar position and we see how they are treated. I will forever feel as though the EFL wanted us gone, I may be wrong but I reserve the right to forever feel it. I dont regret for a moment fantasizing about giving Rick Parry a lift and then dropping him off at Snake Pass, blaming him more than the Teeside Dog Botherer and that Carpark magnate for this sense that we got extra punative measures.

But consider this. Without pushing us to the brink, helping to bleed us to a point that debts are massive and there were no saleable assets to resolve it, pushing us to a point where only someone so obsessed with Derby they name their dog 'Hector' would step forward; would we be Mike Ashley's DCFC now? Or worse?

Yes I feel the EFL acquiesced to Wycomes and Middlesborough's wish to eliminate a rival business, but if they hadn't then right now it could have been worse.

Of course we hail David Clowes .

Goes without saying.

I don’t want his task to be fruitless though either .