Have Derby County been treated unfairly by the EFL

Curtains

Just now, Curtains said:

440F499B-DA4A-4F93-BA4B-6C9A1B2B0473.jpeg

He speculated to accumulate and when the gamble didn't pay off, he refused to pay the bills. He refused to pay the HMRC, where money goes to schools, hospitals and pensioners. 

Many of the embargo rules particularly in reference to young players are OTT, but don't be coming on here and say MM was treated harshly. 

1 minute ago, sage said:

He speculated to accumulate and when the gamble didn't pay off, he refused to pay the bills. He refused to pay the HMRC, where money goes to schools, hospitals and pensioners. 

Many of the embargo rules particularly in reference to young players are OTT, but don't be coming on here and say MM was treated harshly. 

Oh dear not politics again. 

Strangely, it may well have all been a blessing in disguise. I feel more confident about Derby today than I have for a long time, and more aligned to the values of the club. We were a gnats todger away from going under, but we didn't and while many local businesses got hit in the process (which is genuinely sad) we are here to fight another day. There will be another, and another, club that gets itself into the pickle that we, Bolton, Leeds and others have done - a couple of them won't be as lucky as us to have someone like Clowes able to help. Maybe when a few of them have ceased to exist people will start to realise what a binfire modern football (and club ownership) is.

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Didn’t Mel just back his Managers .

Devil and deep blue sea .

Fans wanted signings as well remember 

Of course we all wanted signings, but we were being duped into believing all was rosey, and well within our means. 
I doubt we'd have been so keen, had we have known where we were heading!
Look back at any one of those fans forums Mel was inviting us all to.  Mistaken info, or bare faced lies?  I have no idea.  Maybe it was somewhere in between?  
Maybe Mel himself didn't realise just how close we were sailing into the wind, but some could argue that, for a man in his position, he should have been fully aware?  ?‍♂️

The thing you have to remember about being in administration is "the business has gone bust" - Whilst things like contracts not being offered to academy players was depressing, it's entirly understandable. You'll find plenty of (wrong,  I hasten to add) folks who think the EFL were "really helpful to DCFC" by not doing everything they could possibly have done to throw us out of the league (becasue bills kept getting paid when they were due throughout the administration) whilst we were in administraiton. I was a very painful time, but there is no business going into administration that isn't painful, and logically, how can a business that is insolvent be handing out contracts above what has already which hasn't been sufficient to keep it viable as a business.

I'll never forgive Mel Morris for that decision. Almost everything else, even the bad or questionable things, i can can give some leaway to. BUt for what he did, yeah. Get in the bin.

26 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We have to pay !

You won’t hear a bad word spoke about Mel from his staff.

He really looked after them. 

I'm sure that's true.
He's a nice bloke, because he likes to be liked.
He loved the adulation.  The pats on the back.  The "Strings" Memes.  The "One of our own" chants.
Fans forums.  National radio.  Bouncing on Yorkshire football pitches.  Wherever he could get attention, he'd be there.

Wierdly, we hardly ever hear from him nowadys!  ?

...And what about those at DCFC that lost their jobs?  Did he "really look after them", too?  ?‍♂️

Edited by Mucker1884

The root cause is MM’s running of the club.  Rowett left because he was going to have limited funds, along comes Lampard and the chequebook is open again.  I can’t imagine he was paid a pittance and no doubt the loans didn’t come cheap.  Once he left, we do it all again with Cocu splashing out on Bielik, etc.  Bad short term decision making, no strategy, no plan and long term consequences.

My understanding is that the BP was prepared by DC and signed off by the EFL, not the other way round.  It may be tough that we can’t spend but I quite like it.  A good manager will unearth a gem and polish it.  And don’t forget, we still owe a significant amount of football debt, e.g future payments for Bielik.  It doesn’t feel right that we could exit administration still owing another club money for the players we already have and then go and buy new ones, regardless whether that’s a PL or L2 club.

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm sure that's true.
He's a nice bloke, because he likes to be liked.
He loved the adulation.  The pats on the back.  The "Strings" Memes.  The "One of our own" chants.
Fans forums.  National radio.  Wherever he could get attention, he'd be there.

Wierdly, we hardly ever hear from him nowadys!  ?

...And what about those at DCFC that lost their jobs?  Did he "really look after them", too?  ?‍♂️

It’s all relative mate .

Its alleged he wrote off debts to help facilitate the takeover.

Will we ever know the true facts .

28 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We have to pay !

You won’t hear a bad word spoke about Mel from his staff.

He really looked after them. 

Administration, redundancies, everyone finding out we the company they worked for was going into administration on Sky Sports on a Friday night just like everyone else.  Sounds like a great employer!!  I’ll never forget his interview with Ed Dawes a few days after and he still denied it was anything to with him.  All COVIDs fault apparently.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

It’s all relative mate .

Its alleged he wrote off debts to help facilitate the takeover.

Will we ever know the true facts .

Well, that's a very good point, and may well be true.

I hasten to add, I don't hate the guy.  And I certainly don't enjoy this feeling of being let down by him/his actions.
I'm not even accusing him (of anything!)  I've tried to set out my comments as question, as I obviously don't know the guy, and don't know the true facts of what went on, and who made what decisions. 

Hopefully we'll get a warts and all book out at some stage, although I won't be holding my breath.  I just get the feeling that if he himself thought his actions were defendable, he would have invited us all to a presser, and made his defence in public, by now?
I could of course, be totally and utterly wrong!