Have Derby County been treated unfairly by the EFL

Curtains

22 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

The sale of the ground is an important bit.  Regardless of any amortisation method, within or outside the rules, retrospective rule changes and whatever else.  Our finances were in such a state that we had to rely on selling the ground.  If we hadn’t done that, we’d have breached FFP regardless of accounting approach.  And if we should have not had to rely on that.

And this had further complications once we were in administration as the deal for the ground had to be negotiated separately as it wasn’t part of the deal.  Many experts said the same and it was used as a reason why some administrators wouldn’t touch our case.  And all of that comes down to the actions of one man.

The sale of the ground was something other clubs did and only us and Wednesday got challenged on it. Wednesday got their accounting date completely wrong schoolboy error. We did nothing wrong within the rules before they were changed. 

Negotiating separately for the ground and the club could have worked in our favour. Eg Kirchner could have bought the club ( thank god he didn’t though) and Clowes bought the stadium. 

I don’t think at all that it made things any more difficult in the end. What did make things very difficult was the sheer size of the debts overall and  of course for that Morris is very much to blame. 

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

The club will be running at a profit. Full(ish) ground (25K+) for home games bringing in the money. Not allowed to pay transfer/loan/agent's fees although I do agree with the last one. Clubs shouldn't pay agent's fees. Players have a contract with their agent, DCFC doesn't. The agent represents the player. Players should pay their agent, not the club.

Roadrider. The contact address to get seats is with Skills coaches. I think Skills are running the service. The club is merely letting fans know the service is available. I may be wrong, however...

The restrictions are in the 2 year business plan DCFC wrote and EFL accepted. I'd like to think they might look at how we've been "responsible" and "good boys" this season and ease them restrictions a little but I won't be holding my breath.

Efl will find something to keep them in place not able to compete in the champership I dont trust them and that why we should keep pressure on them.

On 04/02/2023 at 13:19, B4ev6is said:

Well they had years and years of accounts that were classed as being fine and all freaking sudden change there minds I wander why freaking gibson went crying to efl and not just that he could not stand derby having any kind of successful.

Gibson got his bottom lip out when we snatched Martin Waghorn from under his nose, so like the EFL re the threatened breakaway, the Curley one simply bided  his time until an opportune moment arrived. He originally was going to sue the EFL for not giving us points deductions in the previous season. The EFL re-coloured their underpants because that would have opened the floodgates and destroyed them. So they encouraged curly to go for us instead, even though that was against EFL rules. Funny how they never pursued that offence, isn’t it?

“The plan, which has been jointly agreed by the new ownership and the EFL, includes restrictions in respect of transfers fees, player wages and agents’ fees. Any application to register players must comply with the terms of those agreed plans “

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/july/efl-statement-derby-county-exit-administration/

“Throughout this process, it has been frustrating to read a great deal of misleading comments from some people which have either fundamentally misunderstood the remit of the EFL or have misrepresented what the League’s role in the process has been “

Edited by Curtains
Added extract from statement

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Was it Skills who provided the Roadriders under Mel's tenure, does anyone know?  Or a different coach company?

Were they on the creditors list, and officially lost out due to our administration?

?‍♂️

Yes, it was Skills. They weren't on the list of creditors, though.

Interestingly, Ellisons - who provide the team coaches - were. But we still use them, as we do many other suppliers who were on that list.

Prem clubs are meeting today and one of the things under discussion is the amount of cash they hand down to the lower leagues.( small change out of their £Billions) However they want to control what we do with it .The EFL are on our case already , more restrictions would be sickening.

45 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Prem clubs are meeting today and one of the things under discussion is the amount of cash they hand down to the lower leagues.( small change out of their £Billions) However they want to control what we do with it .The EFL are on our case already , more restrictions would be sickening.

You can understand the Prem clubs wanting to know where their money goes, and into whose pockets.

39 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What for we are doing what they say keeping in line with wage cap.

Not about us, the meeting was today:

5 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Prem clubs are meeting today and one of the things under discussion is the amount of cash they hand down to the lower leagues.

Again, I can understand why when you see the money problems lots of clubs find themselves in, the Prem clubs want to be sure their money wasn't say, lining an owners pockets.

It's a pity that the PL clubs didn't take more of an interest when clubs were breaking EFL FFP rules in order to get into the PL. More appropriate punishments like instant relegation two divisions would have nipped that right in the bud, but they refused to back up the EFL in pursuing meaningful sanctions. They basically let clubs sit over the other side of a very tall fence thumbing their noses and threatening the EFL with being dragged through the courts for years.

F'k 'em, they're the biggest part of the problem.

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

It's a pity that the PL clubs didn't take more of an interest when clubs were breaking EFL FFP rules in order to get into the PL. More appropriate punishments like instant relegation two divisions would have nipped that right in the bud, but they refused to back up the EFL in pursuing meaningful sanctions. They basically let clubs sit over the other side of a very tall fence thumbing their noses and threatening the EFL with being dragged through the courts for years.

F'k 'em, they're the biggest part of the problem.

Shouldn’t be allowed to go up unless they can prove they are within FFP.